What's new

Failed coup general Hafter is looking for an exit after heavily defeated in southern Tripoli.

%5Burl=https://hizliresim.com/AuhScL][/URL]

I dont belive in any news and any sources related Libya. ..But Gen. Al Mismari's press conference.

The most thing make me exciting is his informations he realesed.
95% of his infos delivered correct in conversely. :) :)

GNA lost 3 Bayraktar TB-2 drones yesterday. In overall Libya operations, They lost totally 10 TB2 drones. I think they have more than 10-15 drones remained in their hands so I think They will place a new order from Turkey.
This goes to prove the philosophy of unmanned war machines is a sound one; losing drones is not a huge deal, UAVs were created to remove endangering humans in the first place.

Every drone can be replaced quickly, a skilled pilot, or a soldier cannot be replaced so easily.

This goes to prove the philosophy of unmanned war machines is a sound one; losing drones is not a huge deal, UAVs were created to remove endangering humans in the first place.

Every drone can be replaced quickly, a skilled pilot, or a soldier cannot be replaced so easily.
I will add for the case of TR, concerning her Small uav is the core aspect of miniature bombs.
Small Cheap UAV + Small competent cheap bombs. = Cheap UAV doctrine recipe.

I will add for the case of TR, concerning her Small uav is the core aspect of miniature bombs.
Small Cheap UAV + Small competent cheap bombs. = Cheap UAV doctrine recipe.
I hate using this example, but daesh used this philosophy to a devastating effect during the fighting in Iraq.

They took miniature quadcopter drones, which you can buy off of Amazon, and attached grenades to them. They were small, silent, and absolutely lethal, to the point that they almost halted the ground offensive against them.

I hate using this example, but daesh used this philosophy to a devastating effect during the fighting in Iraq.

They took miniature quadcopter drones, which you can buy off of Amazon, and attached grenades to them. They were small, silent, and absolutely lethal, to the point that they almost halted the ground offensive against them.
I do remember them, We also see their "Big brothers" project among HTS and their XXL drones used to drop bomblets in surrounding bases, mostly RU/IR affiliated ones.
The TB2 project is IMO the right balance btw Cheap/small and Competent on the ground.
But without Miniature Bombs from Roketsan all of that wouldn't be possible.

Fun Fact, Mainstream drones + Bomblets were firstly used in Syria by HTS ancestors in Idlib, But according to some, The leaders didn't found such "Use" that interesting on the battlefield, bc of the "low Impact"... ISIS proved that with enough numbers and better Bomblet release, that equipment was useful.

EV15v8KXsAEbRTB

I do remember them, We also see their "Big brothers" project among HTS and their XXL drones used to drop bomblets in surrounding bases, mostly RU/IR affiliated ones.
The TB2 project is IMO the right balance btw Cheap/small and Competent on the ground.
But without Miniature Bombs from Roketsan all of that wouldn't be possible.

Fun Fact, Mainstream drones + Bomblets were firstly used in Syria by HTS ancestors in Idlib, But according to some, The leaders didn't found such "Use" that interesting on the battlefield, bc of the "low Impact"... ISIS proved that with enough numbers and better Bomblet release, that equipment was useful.
We are quite literally witnessing a massive change in warfare. In terms of forces with no air force, or even talking about proxy militias, their foreign state supporters no longer have to just send them some money and a few aks and hope for the best. They can literally just send a few hundred toy drones, modified to carry hand explosives, effectively giving militant groups air power/air support for the first time in history.

You know what's something that just occurred to me. Both Syria and Libya have probably given Turkey and China a treasure trove of valuable data, regarding their respective drone capabilities and combat tactics, kind of like Iraq and Afghanistan did for the US. I'm willing to bet that the next generation of Turkish and Chinese drones will be leaps and bounds better than their current generation counterparts, and precisely because of the data extracted from these two conflicts (as well as Yemen, and Iraq for China)

We are quite literally witnessing a massive change in warfare. In terms of forces with no air force, or even talking about proxy militias, their foreign state supporters no longer have to just send them some money and a few aks and hope for the best. They can literally just send a few hundred toy drones, modified to carry hand explosives, effectively giving militant groups air power/air support for the first time in history.

You know what's something that just occurred to me. Both Syria and Libya have probably given Turkey and China a treasure trove of valuable data, regarding their respective drone capabilities and combat tactics, kind of like Iraq and Afghanistan did for the US. I'm willing to bet that the next generation of Turkish and Chinese drones will be leaps and bounds better than their current generation counterparts, and precisely because of the data extracted from these two conflicts (as well as Yemen, and Iraq for China)

In Syria, Turkish electronic warfare systems proved themselves with playing major role to neutralise the Russian Pantsir and BUK-M2 systems and drones just did what they were charged to do in battlefield. In Libya, Turkey is providing limited electronic support by one Koral system so The number of drones lost in Libya operations seems higher than Syria operations. TB2 is relatively cheaper tactical level drone. Compared to its size and costs, TB2 created massive damage to LNA forces by cutting their supply lines, striking 3 big UAE cargo planes carrying munitions. In general, TB2 striked LNA airbases and convoys multiple times. A few minutes age, TB2 striked a new LNA convoy and killed 14 LNA soldiers (acc to some sources). If LNA is losing ground in West of Libya, TB2 have a great role in there.

Besides, LNA is operating Hawk, Pantsir and BUK systems supplied from UAE. Sometimes, A few missile fired to shot down TB2, may costs higher than the cost of a TB2 so cheap drones can easily be replaced with new productions. Baykar institute has a new capacity to produce 96 TB2 and 24 Akinci drones per year. This means They can provide 8 TB2 and 2 Akinci per month. That is an unmatchable capability to change the rule of games in battlefield.

The UK has recognised GNA in Tripoli as the Libyan government. Interesting !

The UK has recognised GNA in Tripoli as the Libyan government. Interesting !
Three weeks ago, a court in the UK ruled in favor of Ali Mahmoud Hassan Mohamed, a GNA supported person, as the real head of the Libyan Investment Authority (LIA).

https://www.libyaherald.com/2020/03...-chairman-of-the-libyan-investment-authority/

It seems to me that the Brits saw the writing on the wall a while ago, and are slowly transitioning towards full support for the GNA. France, Russia and the UAE are gonna have a far tougher time in the coming weeks. They're likely going to increase support for Haftar, in the near future, to try and save his neck, as well as the HoR.

Unless Haftar is captured, the war will likely end up as status quo ante bellum, before Haftar launched his moronic and barbaric offensive. Meaning, we're likely going to see a stalemate popping up soon.

Back
Top Bottom