What's new

Facts a Day

If I am bothered I just end up tolling the person...apart from I am chill...

What the hell PDF changed Again? How many times a month does this have to happen?
So, I guess you are not getting angry..:tup:
So, whats the topic of your PhD....

So, I guess you are not getting angry..:tup:
So, whats the topic of your PhD....
I would prefer not to tell my topic because i think its going to change soon....broader version is I am studying genetics of flowering time using strawberry as an example

I would prefer not to tell my topic because i think its going to change soon....broader version is I am studying genetics of flowering time using strawberry as an example
So, IMO you are a botanist .... correct me if I am wrong..:-)

So, IMO you are a botanist .... correct me if I am wrong..:-)
I am a Molecular Biologist geneticist who works on plants..I can easily shift to animals but have very little experience in lab with them so I am not a true botanist neither am I called that because at molecular level (DNA) you dont really care whether it is a plant of animal...it is just DNA...

I am a Molecular Biologist geneticist who works on plants..I can easily shift to animals but have very little experience in lab with them so I am not a true botanist neither am I called that because at molecular level (DNA) you dont really care whether it is a plant of animal...it is just DNA...
Ok.. so you are molecular biologist...
Hmm.. But isn't plant DNA and Animal DNA are only 17-20% similar. And human and plant have only 17% similar DNA. :undecided::undecided:

Ok.. so you are molecular biologist...
Hmm.. But isn't plant DNA and Animal DNA are only 17-20% similar. And human and plant have only 17% similar DNA. :undecided::undecided:
This is not the thread to talk about it...as a summary molecular techniques can be utilized on any DNA...sure you have to tweak it but DNA has the same backbone : Phosphorus, sugar and nucleaotides and similar properties...

The similarity you are talking about is at genomic level...I am talking about genetics level...

This is not the thread to talk about it...as a summary molecular techniques can be utilized on any DNA...sure you have to tweak it but DNA has the same backbone : Phosphorus, sugar and nucleaotides and similar properties...

The similarity you are talking about is at genomic level...I am talking about genetics level...
ok I have studied this in in my bio classes in school..Ya backbone Phosphorus, sugar and nucleaotidesare same but arrangement is different of these building blocks..
what's genomic vs genetics ...

Real life happenings:

1545618_301197853338590_1847602225_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom