What's new

F-4 Phantom crashed near Shiraz, 2 pilots killed

Serpentine

INT'L MOD
Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
A training F-4 Phantom has crashed near Bakhtegan lake, Fars province minutes after it took off from Shiraz air base.

They are saying the jet malfunctioned right over the city after its take off, but 2 pilots got the plane out of city to avoid civilian casualties and it crashed near the lake. It's not clear why they haven't ejected afterwards, perhaps it was too late after driving the pane out of city or it just didn't function properly.

19148876521372543141.jpg

This is the plane before crash:
1994160.jpg

Captain Yaser Mohammadian (right) and Colonel Zulfiqari (left), 2 brave pilots, may they rest in peace.

16437869237808259557.jpg

RIP

How many is that in the past 10 years? I've lost count. Haman is gonna blow a shit gasket as usual after reading my post, but saying "RIP" and a "pray" isn't enough. That's not gonna bring these guys back to their families nor is it gonna stop more deaths from happening again, which is a guarantee when it comes to the Iranian air force.

Even the things the regime holds most dear don't function properly. The country is a mess and every single person that supports the terrorist regime is at fault.

The sanctions will be blamed, but at the end of the day, the sanctions are the direct result of crimes committed by IR in the past 3+ decades. IR also claims to have the technology to create space ships that can go to the Andromeda Galaxy and come back, yet aging 1920's planes can't even be maintained and operated properly.

A great loss no matter what Nationality pilots are always risking their lives.

These F-4s are past Vintage symbol, hope new US-Iranian alliance arrange some sort of Russian or Chinese Aircraft for the future as US would never sell products even after establishing full fledged relationship with Iran someday.

Last edited:
RIP

How many is that in the past 10 years? I've lost count. Haman is gonna blow a shit gasket as usual after reading my post, but saying "RIP" and a "pray" isn't enough. That's not gonna bring these guys back to their families nor is it gonna stop more deaths from happening again, which is a guarantee when it comes to the Iranian air force.

Even the things the regime holds most dear don't function properly. The country is a mess and every single person that supports the terrorist regime is at fault.

The sanctions will be blamed, but at the end of the day, the sanctions are the direct result of crimes committed by IR in the past 3+ decades. IR also claims to have the technology to create space ships that can go to the Andromeda Galaxy and come back, yet aging 1920's planes can't even be maintained and operated properly.

Many military planes crash or malfunction around the world every year. We don't know exactly what the cause of this incident is, hence we can't directly blame sanctions for it. It can have various reasons.

For respect of those pilots' lives, I wouldn't turn this in to a political fight, no matter who actually is responsible for this. It's not going to bring them back anyway and nothing is more precious than those pilots' lives. The plane does not matter here, I wish if only they could eject before the crash. Screw the Phantom, it's not what matters.

Last edited:
Many military planes crash or malfunction around the world every year. We don't know exactly what the cause of this incident is, hence we can't directly blame sanctions for it. It can have various reasons.

For respect of those pilot's lives, I wouldn't turn this in to a political fight, no matter who actually is responsible for this. It's not going to bring them back anyway and nothing is more precious than pilot's lives. The plane does not matter here, I wish if only they could eject before the crash. Screw the Phantom, it's not what matters.
lol typical response.

Let's say RIP and wait for the next one to fall eh?

That's respectful? Who are you respecting right now? Their families and their legacy or the regime?

And don't lie. Iran's air force is puny by international standards and there 2-3 episodes like this every year with just military planes. Passenger jets are another story.So on a per capita basis you are looking at a very high crash rate.

When did I talk about the jet itself? The F4 is a museum piece. Don't put words in my mouth.

lol typical response.

Let's say RIP and wait for the next one to fall eh?

That's respectful? Who are you respecting right now? Their families and their legacy or the regime?

And don't lie. Iran's air force is puny by international standards and there 2-3 episodes like this every year with just military planes. Passenger jets are another story.So on a per capita basis you are looking at a very high crash rate.

When did I talk about the jet itself? The F4 is a museum piece. Don't put words in my mouth.

Screw the regime too okay? I don't give a crap man. You are just talking like you know what the cause of this incident is and quickly made it political. It may or may not have been because of sanctions, nobody knows YET. Now go on and give us an expert brief about the actual cause of this incident. I didn't mean just say RIP and leave, I asked just don't start a political fight when it's not clear what has actually happened.

If it was only because of maintenance or spare parts, we wouldn't see jets crashing in U.S, Europe or Russia every year. it doesn't matter anyway, you are free to say anything you want.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom