What's new

F-4 Phantom crashed near Shiraz, 2 pilots killed

Screw the Phantom, it's not what matters.
It has nothing to do with phantoms. Phantoms were not designed to be used for half of a century. Phantoms are able to have eject seats as well, So, it is not Phantom's fault that they are kept with a bad condition for half a century that they apparently don't even have functional eject seats..

what can i say ? RIP .

really sad news

Haman is gonna blow a shit gasket as usual after reading my post
haman doesnt give shyte abt what u say or do in your life . ok ?

i dont give a SHYTE .

regarding the malfunction , that happens to F-22s and F-35s . its called an "incident" cause its un-called for .

if they were in bad shape , they would fall from skies like birds do .

It has nothing to do with phantoms. Phantoms were not designed to be used for half of a century. Phantoms are able to have eject seats as well, So, it is not Phantom's fault that they are kept with a bad condition for half a century that they apparently don't even have functional eject seats..

I think you got it wrong buddy. I wasn't blaming the Phantom. I meant it doesn't matter that a Phantom is lost, what matters is those lives of pilots. Nothing is more worthy than a human live, especially pilots in military systems. It's like this all over the world.
In the video of the crash, I saw the canopy of the Phantom, which means they have ejected, but it has been too late, maybe because the plane had got totally out of control and they stayed too long in it to get it out of civilian areas over Shiraz.

what can i say ? RIP .

really sad news

haman doesnt give shyte abt what u say or do in your life . ok ?

i dont give a SHYTE .

regarding the malfunction , that happens to F-22s and F-35s . its called an "incident" cause its un-called for .

if they were in bad shape , they would fall from skies like birds do .
And the SHYTE gasket has been blown. Somebody call the mechanic.

F-35 is cutting age space age technology that's not even ready. F-4 is so old that the metal has skipped corrosion and is turning into powder mid-air.

You say RIP and immediately try to sweep this whole thing under the rug. Typical two faced Haman. If you actually cared, you wouldn't just sweep it under the rug. RIP is just a phrase that you say, a formality, nothing more.

I think you got it wrong buddy. I wasn't blaming the Phantom. I meant it doesn't matter that a Phantom is lost, what matters is those lives of pilots. Nothing is more worthy than a human live, especially pilots in military systems. It's like this all over the world.
In the video of the crash, I saw the canopy of the Phantom, which means they have ejected, but it has been too late, maybe because the plane had got totally out of control and they stayed too long in it to get it out of civilian areas over Shiraz.

These Phantoms are needed to be retired. Many of them are not even suitable to be placed in a museum. USA has retired them about 15-20 years ago!!! these poor grandpas are just a bit younger than spitfires. They are not even useful for training purposes anymore. :disagree:

And the SHYTE gasket has been blown. Somebody call the mechanic.

F-35 is cutting age space age technology that's not even ready. F-4 is so old that the metal has skipped corrosion and is turning into powder mid-air.

You say RIP and immediately try to sweep this whole thing under the rug. Typical two faced Haman. If you actually cared, you wouldn't just sweep it under the rug. RIP is just a phrase that you say, a formality, nothing more.
I 100% agree. @Serpentine , Abii's quote applies to you as well.

These Phantoms are needed to be retired. Many of them are not even suitable to be placed in a museum. USA has retired them about 15-20 years ago!!! these poor grandpas are just a bit younger than spitfires. They are not even useful for training purposes anymore.
Turkey is still using the 'old' Phantoms, so they still can be operated by proper maintenance. Besides, retired and be replaced with what exactly? Like they are lining to sell Iran F-35s and Su-34s.
I 100% agree. @Serpentine , Abii's quote applies to you as well.
Elaborate please, then I'll make it clear for you.

Turkey is still using the 'old' Phantoms, so they still can be operated by proper maintenance. Besides, retired and be replaced with what exactly? Like they are lining to sell Iran F-35s and Su-34s.
Turkey has heavy maintenance and also their phantoms are not much functional there. There are even suggestions to make them as sample targets for drones, ... in Turkey. They had a huge fleet as well. But, all of them are almost gone and non-functioning in the next few years.
BTW, I don't understand your logic. What is the use of bunch of useless half a century old fighters? Do you want to put them as target samples of F-15, F-16, F-18, F-22, and F-35s of our neighbors and NATO?
Elaborate please, then I'll make it clear for you.
What he means is that you are using these apologies as a run away, and to sugarcoat the issue. While, if you were truly sorry for these loses, you would not apologize for akhoonds. So, you are somehow responsible in these loses as well.

Turkey has heavy maintenance and also their phantoms are not much functional there. There are even suggestions to make them as sample targets for drones, ... in Turkey. They had a huge fleet as well. But, all of them are almost gone and non-functioning in the next few years.
BTW, I don't understand your logic. What is the use of bunch of useless half a century old fighters? Do you want to put them as target samples of F-15, F-16, F-18, F-22, and F-35s of our neighbors and NATO?
F-4 Phantom's main role is an all-weather bomber for ground targets, it's not intended for a dog fight or aerial combat with jets like F-15, F-16 or F-35 and it will never be used to fight an aerial combat. Against ground targets (espcially groups like ISIS which use light vehicles in mass numbers to attack places) it can be very very effective considering the amount of weapons it can carry. It can literally bring hell to a ground target. That being said, Iran is not in a position to get rid of them, because there is no better choice right now. You give Iran a strategic bomber, IRIAF will be more than happy to take them to museum. You think the commanders of air force are not aware that Phantoms are outdated?
What he means is that you are using these apologies as a run away, and to sugarcoat the issue. While, if you were truly sorry for these loses, you would not apologize for akhoonds. So, you are somehow responsible in these loses as well.

Where did I exactly apologize for IR? What on earth did my post had anything to do with akhoonds or IR?
What I said was that, don't judge the reason of this incident just hours after it happened. No one knows why it has happened yet. Are you sure it's because of being old? Are you sure for example it hasn't been pilot mistake? Are you sure it wasn't a part malfunction which has nothing to do with being old sometimes? So bringing out a political conclusion out of it for your agenda is neither right nor logical. You think I don't know or accept that our planes are old and outdated? You think I don't admit that many incidents have happened because of this? I'm not apologizing anyone, this is not true and my post had nothing to do with any single political system or figure. As always, it was deliberately or unintentionally misinterpreted.

sad news and about why they didn't eject . somebody from the area said before the crash the airplane was like a ball of fire .

This is sad .

May they rest in peace .

Iran is working on Qaher .

I don't think they buy any fighter jets .
Don't waste Resources. Go for FC-20 FC-1 Mig35 and J31 for future.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom