What's new

F-22 VS SU-35BM.......

Haitham

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Egypt
The comparison will be according to five points: Stealth,Avionics,Maneuverability,Armament and Range

1- Stealth: F-22 is a stealth fighter with RCS -40 dB and all kinds of emissions reduced extremely and SU-35 gives high amount of emissions
So F-22 take the advantage

2- Avionics: In terms of radar vs 1m2 the Irbis-E of SU-35 defeats APG 77 of F-22 (270 km vs 240 km) however F-22 uses AESA radar with advanced LPI technology.

In terms of detecting passively SU-35 Khibiny-M can not detect F-22 passively due to LPI mode in F-22 radar but this still theoretical
but F-22 equivalent system ALR-94 is very good systems with range up to 400 Km i think it can detect SU-35 with its high emissions :D

but Su-35 have an advantage with IRST however Flanker can not use it as it will be detected before F-22 enters its detection range

3- Maneuverability:

Su-35 performs significantly at low speeds and also in high speeds and have 3D TVC
F-22 performs good in high speeds due to thrust to weight ratio but only in Pitch axis ( 2D TVC)
So Su-35 take the lead in dogfights

4- Armament:

Su-35 can carry about twice payload of air-to-air missiles of F-22 but Su-35 carry missiles externally this increases drag and enlarge RCS and this result in performance hit
So i think F-22 take the lead

5- Range:
Su-35: 3600 km
F-22: 3220 km
Su-35 take the lead

Final conclusion:
F-22 take the lead with its stealthy and avionics
But still we must say that Su-35 is 4.5th generation fighter and F-22 5th generation

Note:
Some systems no one can document its performance like Khibiny-M for example as these systems are military secrets

0ucMs6.jpg

Last edited:
The comparison will be according to five points: Stealth,Avionics,Maneuverability,Armament and Range

1- Stealth: F-22 is a stealth fighter with RCS -40 dB and all kinds of emissions reduced extremely and SU-35 gives high amount of emissions

2- Avionics: In terms of radar vs 1m2 the Irbis-E of SU-35 defeats APG 77 of F-22 (270 km vs 240 km) however F-22 uses AESA radar with advanced LPI technology.

In terms of detecting passively SU-35 Khibiny-M can not detect F-22 passively due to LPI mode in F-22 radar but this still theoretical
but F-22 equivalent system ALR-94 is very good systems with range up to 400 Km i think it can detect SU-35 with its high emissions :D

but Su-35 have an advantage with IRST however Flanker can not use it as it will be detected before F-22 enters its detection range

3- Maneuverability:

Su-35 performs significantly at low speeds and also in high speeds and have 3D TVC
F-22 performs good in high speeds due to thrust to weight ratio but only in Pitch axis ( 2D TVC)

4- Armament:

Su-35 can carry about twice payload of air-to-air missiles of F-22 but Su-35 carry missiles externally this increases drag and enlarge RCS and this result in performance hit

5- Range:
Su-35 take the lead

Final conclusion:
But still we must say that Su-35 is 4.5th generation fighter and F-22 5th generation

0ucMs6.jpg
So when you know it takes a lead why cry

3- Maneuverability:

I'm not an expert in these issues... but i don't think this whole maneuverability comparison can be deduced into thrust vectoring....there are many more parameters which should be taken into consideration.

And it aplies for the rest of the post...

So when you know it takes a lead why cry
i don't cry sir

I'm not an expert in these issues... but i don't think this whole maneuverability comparison can be deduced into thrust vectoring....there are many more parameters which should be taken into consideration.

And it aplies for the rest of the post...
you are right
i'm talking in range of my knowledge from internet only i know issues become more complicated for experts

F-22 will kick a.ss with electronic warfare systems and BVR even before Su-35 detects it. We can compare it with PAK-FA. But no other Russian&Chinese aircraft.

most of the people think F22 is an older genration 5th gen fighter lolzzzz

the story is not just about F22s outer skinthat makes it invincible or its powerfull engines and AESA radar or the capabillity to fire missiles even if its in a stall !!

the real power or say stealth of F 22 is never disclosed well for starters its current EW suite is comparble to french SPECTRA as a Leopard 2 tank is to T55 (spectra is T55 here)

and im not even talking about its wepons pakage much of which is stillso classified that most people think its not even inveted yet

in short even if SU-35 has an AESA still F22 will eat it alive and wont even burp ... period

3- Maneuverability:

4- Armament:

5- Range:
Su-35 take the lead

Final conclusion:

Note:
Some systems no one can document its performance like Khibiny-M for example as these systems are military secrets

0ucMs6.jpg
If I just consider the fact that F-22 is stealth and SU-35 is non-stealth and ignore all other factors.F-22 will get SU-35 hands down. Su-35 trying to hunt down F-22 is just like a blind man is trying to catch a bee in a dark jungle.
F-22 can see Su-35 way before Sukhoi has any remote -and unrealistic- chance of detecting F-22, take a pot shot and slip away or reposition for another attack. There is no comparison between a stealth and a non-stealth aircraft, its always an unfair fight even if non-stealth fighter has numbers on its side.

F-22 will kick a.ss with electronic warfare systems and BVR even before Su-35 detects it. We can compare it with PAK-FA. But no other Russian&Chinese aircraft.
Chinese are coming up with J-20 and J-31 and few more stealth fighter programs

Chinese are coming up with J-20 and J-31 and few more stealth fighter programs

No way mate. So are we..F-35 (see it 5-8 years later) and TAI's mighty $120 billion 5th gen program to be completed at early 2020s; the TF-X. Not to mention 4,5 gen fighters Eurofighter and Rafale. In aerial dominance, there's no way to match with NATO jets and the ones under development. I dont know if China sees India as a threat, then take the HAL AMCA into consideration as well..

Su-35 has superb IRST. In real combat situation, airfields are destroyed by long range cruise missiles. F-22 would have to fight Su-35 within ranges of say 100 km. It is doubtful F-22's lower RCS can play much of a role. Most air to air combat is classic dogfight, not BVR. BTW Su-35 has no two seater version like the Flanker shown.

Last edited:
F -22 will eat alive ... If you put any 4 th gen fighters... SU-35 Rules the sky..

F -22 will eat alive ... If you put any 4 th gen fighters... SU-35 Rules the sky..

Maybe. Methinks an F-15 in the hands of an Israeli pilot is far more deadly than an F-22 in the hands of a Saudi pilot.

Su-35 has superb EW. It is doubtful F-22's AMRAAMs can even get past Su-35's EW.

Last edited:

3- Maneuverability:

4- Armament:

5- Range:
Su-35 take the lead

Final conclusion:

Note:

0ucMs6.jpg

Nice effort bro
Keep doing the good work :tup:

Back
Top Bottom