What's new

F-18 pilot C.W Lemoine reviews Sherdil

hahahha. you dont need an expert to tell us that the movie was nothing but BS. some expert also talked about behind enemy lines F-18 scene getting hit and they also called it nothing but BS. i dont know why they try to create so much drama and glamour in a military movie. make a movie close to reality and i am sure it will be liked more.

hahahha. you dont need an expert to tell us that the movie was nothing but BS. some expert also talked about behind enemy lines F-18 scene getting hit and they also called it nothing but BS. i dont know why they try to create so much drama and glamour in a military movie. make a movie close to reality and i am sure it will be liked more.

The target audience is the general public. Just like Top gun was not as realistic as it could have been, this movie too was basically a military promotional film. The proximity fuse / missile dodging should have been replaced with something else, so the general public doesn't get the wrong idea how missiles work, but other than that this film is what it is; a Promo film for the Air Force and the JF-17.

Thanks to the Hornet Driver for reviewing the film.

Does a review of a YouTube movie warrant a separate thread?

Does a review of a YouTube movie warrant a separate thread?

A review by an actual USN Hornet Pilot, of a International released film, especially about the JF-17. At the very least it does give a look at how our films are received internationally.

For example, he seems to get stuck on the language, so it may be better if the cast either speak all Urdu (with subtitles) or all English, if the film is meant for foreign release.

Last edited:
Last I heard was, movies are for entertainment while documentaries are for knowledge....but some characters will find any excuse to bash Pakistan.
People in our part of the world are at best-seeing tanks and guns in war movies, CGI and aerial combat is new to our folks, I mean we didn't find any weekend warriors criticizing 'Maverick' flying inverted above his enemy and his RIO just happened to have a Polaroid Instamatic at hand to take the shot.
It's a film made to entertain the public not to teach them how the missiles or guns function.

Last I heard was, movies are for entertainment while documentaries are for knowledge....but some characters will find any excuse to bash Pakistan.
People in our part of the world are at best-seeing tanks and guns in war movies, CGI and aerial combat is new to our folks, I mean we didn't find any weekend warriors criticizing 'Maverick' flying inverted above his enemy and his RIO just happened to have a Polaroid Instamatic at hand to take the shot.
It's a film made to entertain the public not to teach them how the missiles or guns function.
That's true it's supposed to be entertaining not realistic even he admits that in the video above,

BTW he does make fun of top gun and behind enemies line as well.

in fact movies are all BS except like perfume/interstellar /inception /god father /the shahshunk etc :lol:

A review by an actual USN Hornet Pilot, of a International released film, especially about the JF-17. At the very least it does give a look at how our films are received internationally.
A film release based on an actual event concerning PAF, I would understand, getting audience here on the forum. But that is not the case. So a valid case is not there for such a thread here on the Air Force Forum, IMHO.

My point was that the inclusion of such trivia on our forum be done with the stature and dignity of Air Force forum in mind.

But nonetheless, if people here think this ok, then who am I to complain.

A film release based on an actual event concerning PAF, I would understand, getting audience here on the forum. But that is not the case. So a valid case is not there for such a thread here on the Air Force Forum, IMHO.

My point was that the inclusion of such trivia on our forum be done with the stature and dignity of Air Force forum in mind.

But nonetheless, if people here think this ok, then who am I to complain.

I see your point and agree. This should really be in the Media section. The aspects of actual dog fighting and radio-silence (especially when we can share data via a link) are already practiced by the real Air Force.

I concur, this should be under a section discussing our film industry not the air force.

He declares that at the start and end of the video. His only purpose is to entertain and educate people who are curious about actual dynamics.

That's a war movie done best.

in fact movies are all BS except like perfume/interstellar /inception /god father /the shahshunk etc :lol:

Don’t forget Stargate..

Because it is based on the real stargate that is yet to be found on the Giza plateau.

Back
Top Bottom