What's new

F-16 Production to end soon?

If Iraq pushes through with its requirement of 96 Block-52+ by 2020, then the Lockheed Martin production line will stay right through this decade. Note, PAF originally wanted 55~75 Block-52+...if LM continues to produce this decade...we may see the original PAF figure fulfilled. This means PAF would execute the optional 18 Block-52+ as well as order another 36(?) fighters...my guess...it might ask U.S. for SABR or RACR AESA for use on a potential 2nd batch.

We hope that IAF goes for F-16IN Block 60 since it will be advantageous for PAF since we know the capabilities of F-16s. But India most likely would not select F-16IN for the same reason. Then Pakistan may order F-16 Block 60 to face Indian MRCA winner.

no buddy India is their potential customer for their new bird called F-35 for IN so and secondly you need government clarification which is highly doubtful ... just think much you have to do for just 18 f16 blk 52 and thinking about Block 60 ??? :devil:

no buddy India is their potential customer for their new bird called F-35 for IN so and secondly you need government clarification which is highly doubtful ... just think much you have to do for just 18 f16 blk 52 and thinking about Block 60 ??? :devil:

It maybe not easy but not impossible for PAF to have F-16 block 60, it's $$ which counts much. Even rafale's and EU were offered to PAF but budget is the main hurdle.

Regarding our embarged F-16's didn't we recieved 14 F-16 B, so how many are left with USN or USAF? weren't they around 26 in total back in 1990's? i always get confused on the actual numbers!:P

Yes brother the numbers can get confusing forusre..... yes you are right we did recive 14 but there still some that remain with the USN. Furthermore, what i meant by additonal vipers is that PAF might in due time in the near future try to get second hand vipers from USAF as well this i have heard from some PAF personal and offcourse we ill most likely go for 18 more new block 52's hence, PAF always wanted to maintain a fleet of 100 plus vipers so lets see what the future holds the viper till this day is a very big pride in the PAF and will stay so in to the future.:coffee:

If Iraq pushes through with its requirement of 96 Block-52+ by 2020, then the Lockheed Martin production line will stay right through this decade. Note, PAF originally wanted 55~75 Block-52+...if LM continues to produce this decade...we may see the original PAF figure fulfilled. This means PAF would execute the optional 18 Block-52+ as well as order another 36(?) fighters...my guess...it might ask U.S. for SABR or RACR AESA for use on a potential 2nd batch.

bro ..I guess u r right to some extent but I strongly believe we should move forward and look into the stealth designs and systems more agressively..cuz our rivals are involved in those systems now...we cant depend on the last century's tech anymore..We should now start thinking to lead the world and not to be lead by otherz.
just my 2 cents bro...:coffee:
:pakistan:

Last edited:
no buddy India is their potential customer for their new bird called F-35

Pakistan is also a potential customer for F-35 in next decade. It is single engine fighter and it fits our needs. India has already committed to Russian fifth generation fighter. That does not mean that India won't buy F-35s. Both Greece and Turkey have F-16s so US will not mind selling to both Pakistan and India too. Pakistan would go for small batch of 36-52 F-35s.

Last edited:
It maybe not easy but not impossible for PAF to have F-16 block 60, it's $$ which counts much. Even rafale's and EU were offered to PAF but budget is the main hurdle.

Pakistan should pursue more F-16 Block 52. Ww should also get F-16 Block 60 when they became available. FC-20 will take time to mature and we very comfortable with F-16s.

Pakistan should pursue more F-16 Block 52. Ww should also get F-16 Block 60 when they became available. FC-20 will take time to mature and we very comfortable with F-16s.

I don't think PAF will be go for Block 60. The fact that they have already bought 18 Bock 52, it doesn't make sense to add different block. Although both Block 52 and 60 look similar by external appearance, they are completely different inside. block 60 datalink is based on optic fibers but not for Block 52, also engine and radar are different.
From maintenance point of view it doesn't look feasible to maintain two different block's of F-16 simultaneously.
Ideally PAF should go for additional 18 block 52 so as to have at-least 2 squadrons of new F-16s along with 45 MLU.
Also by the time 36 new block 52 are delivered to PAF, F-20 would be ready for induction (most probably with AESA radar).These 2 squadrons of Block 52 can later be upgraded to the latest specifications along with advanced and matured AESA radar at the time of their mid life upgrade.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom