Country
Pakistan
32c64d429a7fbe622be45535f39c9462.jpg

F-104A 56-802 landing at Sargodha

212c442bc88bca85f27e8a508887e158.jpg

F-104A 56-877 GNAT surrender

daaaf7b8debcbe075ec72a14293dd5bf.jpg

F-104A 56-868 first encounter

it was rocket more then jet thats why S/L Brij Pal Singh Sikand think for land in pak his gnat rather then mess with 2 f-104s

WAH!!!!!!!!!!! Great post, ace.

These aircrafts served PAF SO well.

How about some pictures of the B-57 bombers ? :D

Hi,
The F 104 still flies in the form of U 2.
I was not aware of that. I used to think the U-2 was designed specifically for high altitude reconnaissance entirely. Thanks for the info.

Every day you learn something new at PDF.

WAH!!!!!!!!!!! Great post, ace.

These aircrafts served PAF SO well.

How about some pictures of the B-57 bombers ? :D

There you go Jigar.

8324a36a8e427f48565cde58635dd441.jpg

WORLD'S FIRST BOMBER FORMATION LOOP
27 OCTOBER 1964 - PESHAWAR AIR BASE

The first ever formation aerobatics on bombers were performed at Peshawar during an air display on 27 October 1964 - at which Air Marshal Omar Dani, C-in-C of the Indonesian Air Force, was the Chief Guest. The 4 B-57s were led by Wing Commander Nazir Latif with Squadron Leader Altaf Sheikh and Flight Lieutenants Abdul Basit and Shams as team members. The team executed loops, rolls and wing overs, the first two manoeuvres being unheard of in such a heavy class of aircraft as the B-57, which was not really designed to perform aerobatics even singly. Their precise but apparently effortless station-keeping throughout the demonstration effectively concealed the intense concentration, and physical exertion that all four pilots went through.

this is a bit off subject, but the first world aviation record Pakistan broke on February 1958 - was during an Air Power and acrobatics demonstration when King Zahir Shah visited Pakistan. I believe there were 16 Sabres (the 'Falcon-16' team) flying in perfect diamond formation and performing aerial stunts.

I have a written piece on the actual maneuvers done. But basically our guys were dealing with consistent 5+ Gs while doing 360 degree loops and other maneuvers which impressed the crowd below.

According to accounts I have heard, the Falcons made the cover of Flight and Aeroplane --british magazine.

the RAF (which laid foundations of PAF) was so shocked!!! They eventually performed loops with 21 aircrafts in order to break Pakistani record. I'm not sure which aircrafts they used to do this.

f-104 was inferior fighter to mig-21 in supersonic saga.almost a flop fighter.
it was effective in 1965 cuz there was no aircraft in IAF that match f-104,except mig-21 but they didnt use their few delivered mig-21 in the war.
a fuel drinking machine.

this is a bit off subject, but the first world aviation record Pakistan broke on February 1958 - was during an Air Power and acrobatics demonstration when King Zahir Shah visited Pakistan. I believe there were 16 Sabres (the 'Falcon-16' team) flying in perfect diamond formation and performing aerial stunts.

I have a written piece on the actual maneuvers done. But basically our guys were dealing with consistent 5+ Gs while doing 360 degree loops and other maneuvers which impressed the crowd below.

According to accounts I have heard, the Falcons made the cover of Flight and Aeroplane --british magazine.

the RAF (which laid foundations of PAF) was so shocked!!! They eventually performed loops with 21 aircrafts in order to break Pakistani record. I'm not sure which aircrafts they used to do this.

THE PAF "FALCONS" MAKE HISTORY

2nd February 1958 was a significant day in the history of aviation as well as that of the Pakistan Air Force. On that day, for the first time a formation of 16 fighters (F-86 Sabres) performed a loop during an air display at Masroor Air Base at Karachi. The team was led by the renowned fighter pilot and wartime leader of the Air Force, Wing Commander M Z Masud, who was later awarded Hilal-e-Jurat in the 1965 War.

The Team: Wing Commander M Z Masud
Squadron Leader Nazir Latif
Squadron Leader S U Khan
Squadron Leader Ghulam Haider
Squadron Leader S M Ahmad
Squadron Leader Aftab Ahmad
Squadron Leader M Sadruddin
Flight Lieutenant Sajjad Haider
Flight Lieutenant A U Ahmad
Flight Lieutenant Hamed Anwar
Flight Lieutenant Muniruddin Ahmad
Flight Lieutenant M Arshad
Flight Lieutenant Jamal A Khan
Flight Lieutenant A M K Lodhie
Flight Lieutenant Wiqar Azim

The RAF later used Hunters to beat the PAF record.
Once me and the boys accumulated that the PAF has to it's name at least a dozen "Firsts" including using it's C-130 as Heavy Bombers in 1965. :pakistan::victory:

Back
Top Bottom