What's new

Extreme Alert For PTCL Broadband Users

I am not talking about end user rom...Talking about developer side.What you get is final compiled version of the rom backend source.

But I know people with 4 computers connected to PTCL line and downloading all the time. Even they don't come near 300gb in a month????

I am not talking about end user rom...Talking about developer side.What you get is final compiled version of the rom backend source.

Oh, are you a dev?
Which device do you work on?

people working from home dont pay taxes and use it for commercial basis, whereas its designed and accommodated for home users. If they are using for commercial purposes then they should choose that offer.

Rare cases. Not many Homes has a luxurious 4-6-8Mb connections and they dont share 1-2MB connections with other people.

But I know people with 4 computers connected to PTCL line and downloading all the time. Even they don't come near 300gb in a month????

With increase in load shedding and increase usage of "LAPTOPS" not Computers. You will hook to a net up to 18-20 Hours a day Minimum and when there are 3-4 Laptops in a house, then you can imagine of extreme usage.

Download ******** uploaded by YIFY, they are 720p, compressed to 750-800mb.
Perfect quality and LCD USB compatible.

oh yes... have you tried blue ray? oh man its really awesome quality even on projectors.

Oh, are you a dev?
Which device do you work on?
Still learning - Hoping to become full time developer soon - Currently working on Samsung Nexus S and Samsung Infuse 4g ROMs.Also working on some apps for Android.Will release them on Market soon.

oh yes... have you tried blue ray? oh man its really awesome quality even on projectors.

I watched Blue Ray Rip of James Cameron's Avatar on my LED. The movie in itself was disappointing but the effects were killer!

Still learning - Hoping to become full time developer soon - Currently working on Nexus S and Infuse 4g ROMs.Also working on some apps for Android.Will release them on Market soon.

Wicked! I own a Samsung Galaxy 3 I5800 and a Samsung Galaxy S I9000.
Looking to buy a Samsung Galaxy SII soon.

Hey, do you know how to increase the internal memory on the Galaxy 3 by partitioning the SD card? Shortage of Internal Memory is a recurring problem on phones with little internal memory.

You misinterpreted the whole paragraph. 1mb-2mb-4mb-6mb-8mb. All will have download limits. 10 and 50 MB will remain Unlimited.

Problem will occur for those who have 4-6-8 mb connections in which 300 GB download limit is a joke.

rare people who may counter this problem too, if there are rare users at home end using 6-8 MBps

at home ptcl we download 6 tv episodes/day---120 x 6= 726mb/day

youtube watching will also be counted as downloading-- 150mb/day

---
i think i would borderline touch the criteria.....

Guys need some new connection , economical with a download speed of 100kb/sec

I watched Blue Ray Rip of James Cameron's Avatar on my LED. The movie in itself was disappointing but the effects were killer!

Wicked! I own a Samsung Galaxy 3 I5800 and a Samsung Galaxy S I9000.
Looking to buy a Samsung Galaxy SII soon.

Hey, do you know how to increase the internal memory on the Galaxy 3 by partitioning the SD card? Shortage of Internal Memory is a recurring problem on phones with little internal memory.

maybe this forum can help you

www. wired Pakistan. com

There are two ways
1) You should create two partitions on your SD Card.One should be ext4 size should be >256 MB and one linux swap partition size should be 128MB. For partitioning i recommend minitools partition software.After doing this simply reboot into recovery ( Install latest CWM Recovery for your phone - no idea about the version as i have not used this phone - and then wipe the data) now you have larger storage for apps...This should work on pretty much any android phone .2) This method can be used to free up the internal storage if your internal storage is full.You can simply install titanium backup.Install all the apps you need and then make backup of apps using titanium backups then remove all the apps you just installed and then from Titanium Backup Preferences set restore backup option to external media - now restore all your apps and they would be installed on external storage ( SD Card).To use Titanium backup your phone must rooted.

And always make nandroid (Using CWM>Backup Option) backup of your phone before before doing anything .

Lol welcome to what I have been dealing with since the last couple of years. Since my province has an oligarchy when it comes to telecommunications, they can do whatever they want. My ISP charges mad money for 12 Mbps DSL with a bandwidth cap of 60 gb. There are a couple of small companies that provide unlimited bandwidth but their services and connections suck.
300 GB is a lot, consider yourself lucky.

No offense sir but there are many legitimate uses of bandwidth.For Example If you are Android Rom Developer then typically single ROM Source takes few gig to download..besides it would take couple of days to fulfill 300GB limit on 8MB Connection.This is just bullsh!t on part of PTCL.They started offering lowest prices to bankrupt other ISPs who could not offer such low prices due to PTCL monopoly on the transmission medium and now that they can't offer these packages at the current prices without incurring some sort of loss they are now just capping users.

If you realize 300GB is still awful lot..limits in KSA are like 30GB or 45GB max..

My 2MB GO WiMax FUP is 45GB a month but our average is around 6-8 GB/Mo

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom