Country
Pakistan
Friday, September 14, 2012

PML-N adopts novel way to fund Marvi’s election

* PML-N workers in UK and Spain asked to buy Marvi’s paintings

* Workers disgruntled over pampering of ex-Musharraf ally

marvi-memon.jpg

By Asif Mehmood

LONDON: Recently included PML-N member, Marvi Memon, has told party leadership that she could not afford to contest the coming general elections due to a lack of funds, unless her paintings were sold for at least 100,000 pounds. The PML-N Punjab leadership adopted a novel way to fund Marvi’s election campaign.

PML-N UK President Zubair Gul was given the task of selling Marvi’s paintings to generate the required funds. Working class PML-N workers have been asked to purchase Marvi’s paintings for a thousand pounds a piece. According to a source, only seven paintings have been sold so far.

images

One PML-N worker from Spain who purchased a painting during his visit to UK has now been asked to host Marvi Memon in Spain, where she is supposed to travel for the purpose of selling more paintings. The bewildered worker said, “They are a few scribbled lines and there is nothing artistic about them. How can I force somebody to buy this rubbish?” He further said that the leadership was perhaps unaware that the economic downturn in Spain has made it difficult for Pakistani labour there to even buy basic necessities. Another PML-N worker from UK chapter of the party said that in Pakistan, Marvi would not be able to sell her painting for even Rs 5,000 but people in UK are being forced to buy them for Rs 150,000. It is ridiculous, he added.

Marvi has gone back to Pakistan and is expected to visit Spain on September 20. She will also address PML-N workers in Spain and across Europe. Some PML-N UK workers are upset that the PML-N leadership is pampering an active Musharraf supporter of the past, whereas die-hard workers who have always been loyal to the party are being ignored.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Historic Facepalm!

This is so funny and stupid that I have no way to express my disgust #DirtyPakistaniPolitics, through available library of emoticons!

:undecided::what::blink::girl_wacko::hang2::unsure::bad:

This is so funny and stupid that I have no way to express my disgust #DirtyPakistaniPolitics, through available library of emoticons!

Im still coming to terms with the "cheapness" & these that spineless hippos are left to run a nuclear power.

hate someone so much that when you say something about her nothing make sense

mmmuuhuauhahhahahahahh....... @ the painting.... :rofl:

Actually P(O)TIans ko Marvi Memon ke "CHAPAIRR" nahi Bholti :cheesy:

"Khassyani Billi Khammba Nochay" :cheesy:

Why are you all guys surprised ?

Cheap People always Act Cheap , that's their nature , they are not going to Change it .

by the way marvi is claiming that her exhibition was for fund raising, hope she is not making it up now...

this is called dirty politics, instead of acting like mature people they act like kids and have childish fights with each other

:disagree:

Actually P(O)TIans ko Marvi Memon ke "CHAPAIRR" nahi Bholti :cheesy:

"Khassyani Billi Khammba Nochay" :cheesy:

so true, but they are just making fool of themselves and their leader who is a decent man as compared to his followers

by the way marvi is claiming that her exhibition was for fund raising, hope she is not making it up now...

she is not making it up, she doesnt live in a 300 Canal mansion and she didnt grow up in the most expensive real Estate in Lahore which was grabbed as a bunderbant after partition, so her needs arent too much. Having said that, thuppar ka nishan janey main time lagey ga lakin yeh zakhan bhar jaye ga mere dost, bus sikaye kertey reho aurat ke thuper main dard zyada hota hay

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3422118 said:
this is called dirty politics, instead of acting like mature people they act like kids and have childish fights with each other

:disagree:

they are all kids, who else will put this heading anyway, exposed: selling painting...lmao
she is selling her painting is dirty politics :rofl:
16 sal ke bachey ko kia pata art kia cheez hay

Imran bhai yeh tum kahan phus gye, ab pachtao ke youth ke party kun kaha apney aap ko
you live and learn Imran you live and learn

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom