What's new

Explosion sinks INS Sindhurakshak Submarine with 18 onboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Big Boss is always watching everybody . But besides public consumption it can be any good ?

can USA/CHINA/EU/RUS give us real-time sat imagery? they can at least give one still image to the press ..

Doesn't India have super duper remote sensing Sat? Why cry for help? I thought you don't want help at all, "It's a highly sensitive area."

Thanks sir for pics . But I guess there should be some official policy . we are looking at multimillion dollar assets here . And to save from the collateral damage such as suspected in this case , we must have if we don't have one in place !

i already send you real peace time parking bay google earth images this is what they do and park dear .

Iranian_kilo_class_submarine.jpg

There is one rear escape hatch that survivors can use. It's the white circle at the tail. They would have to crawl out one by one. This should be easy since the sub sank in very shallow water, and the water is warm in the summer so there is no risk of hypothermia.

However, the explosion could have warped the escape hatch. This means the rescuers will have to cut open the submarine. There is a specialized tool for this, but I don't know if India has it. The tool produces a high-pressure water jet mixed with diamond dust to cut through the very tough steel hull. I know the U.S., China, and Sweden have this tool. They could arrive within 12 hours if requested.

The good news is that I heard the fire has been put out. This means the rescuers can soon approach the submarine and listen for any survivors.

There is a very good chance for survivors to be rescued.

Doesn't India have super duper remote sensing Sat? Why cry for help? I thought you don't want help at all, "It's a highly sensitive area."

yes and thats why Imran sir could post google images...

CENTCOM,

Sir, can you ask the relevant dept to leak at least one image?

I want't to know what happened... don't believe the media.

Well, if the explosion occurred at first and then it sank.. Then don't you think they would'nt need to put out the fire (I mean its underwater?) Plus some reports say that it sank half.

It could be the first one blew up and sunk. The second one got affected and caught on fire.

very conflicting reports coming... i have a feeling that it was something bigger than what we are assuming...

i guess media has not been allowed there...

because their sat cam resolution is superior...

remember.., when Liaoning made the first sailing... usa took a sat photo and gave it to the media

Okay, keep us posted on the latest news from this incident.

yes and thats why Imran sir could post google images...

CENTCOM,

Sir, can you ask the relevant dept to leak at least one image?

I want't to know what happened... don't believe the media.

Why would satellite images help when you have people right next to the submarines that can see much better?

here you go with another PIC they parked them like this too
its same place mumbay naval base with old image

20100901INDIANKILOS.jpg

Former Navy chief Arun Orakash says - Sabotage unlikely !!! ( rediff news )

Why would satellite images help when you have people right next to the submarines that can see much better?

since the past three hours, conflicting reports coming... once heard two ships,...then one ship and one sub and now timesnow says two subs... what is true?

here you go with another PIC they parked them like this too
its same place mumbay naval base with old image

20100901INDIANKILOS.jpg

timesnow was true then...

Imran Sir , Thanks again for pic. It's rather awful that Subs are docked this way . There must be reason why they are doing this . Is it the constrain of lack of docking berths ( rather unlikely ) .

since the past three hours, conflicting reports coming... once heard two ships,...then one ship and one sub and now timesnow says two subs... what is true?

if they parked as image then 2 subs gone .

20100901INDIANKILOS.jpg

It's likely that only one submarine exploded, but it set off fires on other ships near it.

@Abingdonboy @Capt.Popeye

Is it needed for us to call for USN help so that the sailors could be saved or are we self sufficient in this ??

Two points- 1) time- it would take considerable time for the US assistance to arrive in Mumbai and this is time the sailors don't have. 2) this sub is located in port and not in open ocean so the deep sea rescue expertise of the US isn't all that needed.

Such a pact exists with the US though if the IN gets into such a situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom