What's new

Explosion hits İstanbul’s Sultanahmet, casulties reported

It is time Turkey take a hard look what is happening in and out of Turkey. Do not go the path of Pakistan. Proxy wars bleed and hurt a lot. I wouldn't like Turkey brethren to go through same pain and suffering as we did. Powers to be will try to choke the economy of Turkey. Tourism a big part of it. Keep Syrian refugees in strict monitoring and camps. Humanitarian work does not happen at the cost of local people. Strengthen human intelligence network and incorporate IBO into the security apparatus. I think there is much Turkey can learn from Pakistan in this regard keeping in mind Turkey has a good professional army and security agencies.

237871.png

/ 10:36:05/ TODAYSZAMAN.COM / ISTANBUL

An explosion hit İstanbul's central Sultanahmet district on Tuesday, with the media reporting that there are casulties in the explosion.
If Baghdad, Cairo, Damascus, Jeddah, Kabul, Lahore.... are not in peace and without violence, how can peace prevail in Istanbul??

Rip to the victims.
A reminder to turkish members who were cheering after terrorism in Egypt, bragging they will have more tourists in turkey, since Egypt is insecure. Pitty....
@atatwolf

Last edited:
Rip to the victims.
A reminder to turkish members who were cheering after terrorism in Egypt, bragging they will have more tourists in turkey, since Egypt is insecure. Pitty....

It seems they deliberately targeted Western tourists in Turkey in order to seriously damage the tourism sector.

So sad. For me its almost personal. I have fond memories walking from Taksim to Sultan Ahmet via Galata bridge. Istanbul is a beautiful city and its people are a great people. I pray this has no affect on tourism in Turkiye, that would be a huge tragedy.

Police/Jandarma & military should be given increased presence in all major Turkish cities.....

what a mess!!!!

stay strong Turkiye

We should start revising how Istanbul is being policed. It's obvious we are lacking a lot. If I had any influence Id recommend the government to take a look at the tactics, doctrines and equipment used by the NYPD and how they keep New York safe.

Allah rahmet eylesin...

It's just a question of political will. Istanbul used to suffer lots of terrorism waged by PKK scum bags. Now Turkiye has to deal with multiple enemies. Tough situation to be in but we stand by you, brothers

Obviously IS has hardcore Syrian. But, RIP. ........Turkey should bring peace in Syria quickly as possible. Otherwise learn from Afghan war, TTP emerging and terrorism in Pakistan. Unfortunately Turkey on foot steps of Pakistan.

Turkiye is no stranger to terrorism. While most of you guys were in diapers or not even born yet they used to deal with all kinds of politically-motivated leftist terrorism (PKK) on near daily basis. Like Pakistan I think they know how to deal with the security problems. Wont be easy but they have a very capable military and police force. They should deploy some military and increased police contingents in sensitive areas like Beyoglu/Taksim, Sultan Ahmet, Kadikoy and Levent areas where there are more tourists/soft targets

So sad. For me its almost personal. I have fond memories walking from Taksim to Sultan Ahmet via Galata bridge. Istanbul is a beautiful city and its people are a great people. I pray this has no affect on tourism in Turkiye, that would be a huge tragedy.

Police/Jandarma & military should be given increased presence in all major Turkish cities.....

what a mess!!!!

stay strong Turkiye

It's just a question of political will. Istanbul used to suffer lots of terrorism waged by PKK scum bags. Now Turkiye has to deal with multiple enemies. Tough situation to be in but we stand by you, brothers

Turkiye is no stranger to terrorism. While most of you guys were in diapers or not even born yet they used to deal with all kinds of politically-motivated leftist terrorism (PKK) on near daily basis. Like Pakistan I think they know how to deal with the security problems. Wont be easy but they have a very capable military and police force. They should deploy some military and increased police contingents in sensitive areas like Beyoglu/Taksim, Sultan Ahmet, Kadikoy and Levent areas where there are more tourists/soft targets
Now PKK is armed, organized and ready to confront . They are on constant man and material evolution per requirement of region. They are not easy to get down. They have filled the power vacuum created due to Syrian civil war. And that's where mistake lies. Again, I am firm on my statement, if Erdogan knew the back lash of Kuridish uprsing, he never went for Syrian adventure.

even in this attack germans were targeted there is no real big deal in germany they dont make it something big..
germans went full retard the last days with their xenophobia

meanwhile I am angry at cumhuriyet gazetesi.. this toilet paper make this appear on their side:
bok.jpg

this means massacre land but when it comes to france they write " france is crying for its kids.."

1452692721005.jpg

you just dont make silly word games with your country as a "gazette "

RIP innocent souls.

Thanks for bringing this incident to my notice @T-123456
Seems it was a well planned attack since the targets were tourists.
Unfortunate!

It is time Turkey take a hard look what is happening in and out of Turkey. Do not go the path of Pakistan. Proxy wars bleed and hurt a lot. I wouldn't like Turkey brethren to go through same pain and suffering as we did. Powers to be will try to choke the economy of Turkey. Tourism a big part of it. Keep Syrian refugees in strict monitoring and camps. Humanitarian work does not happen at the cost of local people. Strengthen human intelligence network and incorporate IBO into the security apparatus. I think there is much Turkey can learn from Pakistan in this regard keeping in mind Turkey has a good professional army and security agencies.

**Keep Syrian refugees in strict monitoring and camps**

Well that's pretty much impossible since they're everywhere.....we have over 2.4M registered refugees and god knows how many unregistered, everyone gets in or out however they want^^

Even in my little town with 40.000 citizens, we have already more then 1000 syrians and maybe even more, i see them every day on the street....i don't wanna sound racist but all this refuges are potential terrorists.

ln Hatay there is over 1M refugees & in Gaziantep there are 500.000 refugees? i mean this is not even normal & They are also changing the demographic structure of this cities...

-Just months ago, in Gaziantep 2 men yelled *Allah-u Ekber* and throw grenades at police officers...
-A Turkish citizen was found murdered and buried near his house.

The list goes on...

Yet we still take them?

**Keep Syrian refugees in strict monitoring and camps**

Well that's pretty much impossible since they're everywhere.....we have over 2.4M registered refugees and god knows how many unregistered, everyone gets in or out however they want^^

Even in my little town with 40.000 citizens, we have already more then 1000 syrians and maybe even more, i see them every day on the street....i don't wanna sound racist but all this refuges are potential terrorists.

ln Hatay there is over 1M refugees & in Gaziantep there are 500.000 refugees? i mean this is not even normal & They are also changing the demographic structure of this cities...

-Just months ago, in Gaziantep 2 men yelled *Allah-u Ekber* and throw grenades at police officers...
-A Turkish citizen was found murdered and buried near his house.

The list goes on...

Yet we still take them?

The writing was on the wall as soon as the Gulf states decided not to provide the Syrian moderate groups with enough weaponry to protect themselves even while Iran was providing everything to the Shiite minority regime.

Have ANY refugees tried to seek sanctuary in Iran? I find it weird that the supporters of the Shiite regime allege that they are supporting the refugees but no refugees seek sanctuary in Iran

Now PKK is armed, organized and ready to confront . They are on constant man and material evolution per requirement of region. They are not easy to get down. They have filled the power vacuum created due to Syrian civil war. And that's where mistake lies. Again, I am firm on my statement, if Erdogan knew the back lash of Kuridish uprsing, he never went for Syrian adventure.

the PKK are cannon fodder as far as im concerned......they can terrorize but they cant undo a nation of 80 million people

Turkiye should confront those who arm groups like the PKK...a lot of weapons drops in Kobane went into PKK hands just like a lot of western arms drops "accidentally" ended up in the hands of Daish in Raqqa and elsewhere

It seems they deliberately targeted Western tourists in Turkey in order to seriously damage the tourism sector.

just like what the scum bags are doing in Egypt

Back
Top Bottom