What's new

Explaining Low IQ Scores in Africa, South Asia

You would not give an IQ test that involved reading to some one that could not read.

"The term IQ, or Intelligence Quotient, generally describes a score on a test that rates the subject's cognitive ability as compared to the general population. IQ tests use a standardized scale with 100 as the median score. On most tests, a score between 90 and 110, or the median plus or minus 10, indicates average intelligence. "

"What is this cognitive ability being measured? Simply put, IQ tests are designed to measure your general ability to solve problems and understand concepts. This includes reasoning ability, problem-solving ability, ability to perceive relationships between things and ability to store and retrieve information. IQ tests measure this general intellectual ability in a number of different ways. They may test:

•spatial ability: the ability to visualize manipulation of shapes
•mathematical ability: the ability to solve problems and use logic
•language ability: This could include the ability to complete sentences or recognize words when letters have been rearranged or removed.
•memory ability: the ability to recall things presented either visually or aurally"

So your IQ score is relatively stable, no matter what education you acquire. This does not mean that you can't increase your intelligence. IQ tests are only one imperfect method of measuring certain aspects of intellectual ability. A lot of critics point out that IQ tests don't measure creativity, social skills, wisdom, acquired abilities or a host of other things we consider to be aspects of intelligence. The value of IQ tests is that they measure general cognitive ability, which has been proven to be a fairly accurate indicator of intellectual potential. There is a high positive correlation between IQ and success in school and the work place, but there are
many, many cases where IQ and success do not coincide."

HowStuffWorks "What constitutes a person's IQ?"

Have you ever taken an IQ test? most of them have flawed reasoning.

A problem is presented without any indication of what the hell is the person supposed to do. Thats why studying IQ tests or someone who makes IQ tests is NOT ALLOWED to take IQ tests.

A basic problem will show a series of images and ask you what should be the following image. But any computer analysis will tell you that there could be many different patterns and multiple right answers.

It is like asking a question

What does not belong?

Spoon
Fork
Knife
Spear

Now there are multiple answers to this question, it could be Spear because Spear is not a utensil. It could be Fork because Every other words has 5 letters. It could be Fork again because every other words has 2 vowels etc.... My point is that any person can have different way of reasoning

The person that wrote the IQ test could probably score higher than any so called genius.

From what I can remember a lot of memorization and recitation. The biggest difference with American schools I think is volume. Students were just expected to cover more material and do problems and questions ad nauseum.

I have a degree in teaching, and I think the number of subjects is ridiculus and there is so much more to learn now days.

Russian Jews

The listing of world chess champions of Jewish descent given below is based on the list of so-called "undisputed world chess champions," a category whose definition reflects the fact that the world chess championship was in dispute in the years 1993-2006. In 1993, the then world champion Garry Kasparov and his challenger Nigel Short broke with the Fédération Internationale des Échecs (FIDE), which had sponsored the world chess championship matches since 1948, and organized the Professional Chess Association (PCA) to sponsor their 1993 championship match. As a result, between 1993 and 2006 there were both FIDE and PCA champions. Kasparov was the PCA champion from 1993 until 2000, when he lost the title to Vladimir Kramnik. Former world champion Anatoly Karpov was appointed the FIDE champion in 1993 and held that title until he lost it to Alexander Khalifman in 1999.* In 2006, Kramnik became the first undisputed world chess champion since 1993 and was succeeded shortly thereafter by Viswanathan Anand, who won the title from him in 2007. Excluding the disputed period 1993-2006, the chess players of Jewish descent listed below held the world chess championship approximately 55% of the time since its inception in 1886:

Wilhelm Steinitz (1886-1894)
Emanuel Lasker (1894-1921)
Mikhail Botvinnik (1948-1957, 1958-1960, 1961-1963)
Vasily Smyslov 1 (1957-1958)
Mikhail Tal (1960-1961)
Robert (Bobby) Fischer 2 (1972-1975)
Garry Kasparov 3 (1985-1993)

Jewish World Chess Champions

Clearly this site is a garbage site Bobby Fischer was definitely not Jewish. This is one of the main reasons why the "Jewish Myth" still exists, the Jews go around claiming that everybody that is successful is Jewish.

Bobby Fischer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fischer's library contained anti-Semitic and white supremacist literature such as Mein Kampf, The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, and The White Man's Bible and Nature's Eternal Religion by Ben Klassen, founder of the Church of the Creator.[277][278] A notebook written by Fischer is filled with sentiments such as "8/24/99 Death to the Jews. Just kill the Motherfuckers!" and "12/13/99 It's time to start randomly killing Jews.

Nobel peace prize is OPINION there are many scientists of other races that do great things.

If Jews are supposedly super intelligent beings why does Israel perform poorly on international competitions where there is a point system rather than a panel of judges?

http://www.imo-official.org/year_country_r.aspx?year=2010&column=total&order=desc

Why is the USA team 4/6 chinese? 1 English and 1 Irish?

International Mathematical Olympiad

AS for all of the other Jewish achievements you will see that most of them are awards handed out by a COMMITTEE OF JUDGES but in actual competition they fall short. All of this is evidence that jews have more influence as a group.

And as for world chess champions most of them have been russians

I doubt if you can get much reliable scientific data from 6 Chinese out of 1.3 billion or 6 out of 300 million americans or 6 out of 13 million jews..

I have a degree in teaching, and I think the number of subjects is ridiculus and there is so much more to learn now days.

Highschool students today are expected to learn what was cutting edge mathematics in Pascal's days lol

I doubt if you can get much reliable scientific data from 6 Chinese out of 1.3 billion or 6 out of 300 million americans or 6 out of 13 million jews..

The USA team is 4/6 chinese, 1 English, 1 Irish

All of these are Americans

Chinese Americans are only 2.5% of the USA
Jewish Americans are 2.1% of the USA

If there is supposedly a magical IQ number that makes one magically excel at everything that is academic, then why are Jews not making up most of the USA team?

Also population of Hong Kong and Singapore is less than Israel, yet they still perform much better than Israel. India has 1.3 billion people yet they perform worse than Hong Kong and Singapore but better than Israel.

with all the respect to both of you, I think you are not right on this particular point.

I don't care who manages whom in daily life. Within g-loaded hard science and maths that are largely responsible for human civilisation development, there's only 1 ultimate winner. IQ or `EQ`?

So? who cares how politically astute they are?

I am good looking. Does that also add some points in my `EQ`too ? :smitten: Can those high EQ guys ( assume with low IQ at the same time as you implied) design a rocket, or China's next gen ACs?

unfortunately, gate-keepers, professors and chairmans of top universities disgree with you.

The matter of fact is that most (not all) studs of top universities are high IQers ; but not ALL high IQers could ( have a chance) go into a top university. The same can not be said on EQ. Think about it.

If one of your love ones has to go thru a surgery with 2 surgeons available to choose from, 1 of them with high IQ of 140, the other with 70 IQ but out-of-chart high EQ ( if there is such a medical doctor in real life after all), I am sure you would choose the latter, wouldn´t you?

I know whom I trust to cut me open though.:smitten:

i disagree, it matters alot who manages who. the lawyer, politician and manager will almost always make more money than the scientist and engineer, and they will almost always manage the BUDGET of the scientist and engineer. they control human progress because when they cancel a project its all done.

no, they can't design the next rocket but they'll be managing and budgeting for those that can. and if those that can don't behave? fire and rehire. scientists and engineers are the hired help. most are replacable, including many PhDs. sorry to tell you, scientists and engineers don't rule, managers and politicians do.

good looking is in fact, a very small part of EQ, because if you look like a gorilla people will not listen to you. good EQ is the ability to react quickly to the emotions of others and to steer those emotions in the direction you feel appropriate. it is in fact, a form of intelligence, because a sponge cannot do this. but it is not the mathematical intelligence of IQ test.

those that believe IQ is more important than EQ while having low EQs are the ones that, barring completion of a PhD, several years of postdoc and moving directly into a director level position in a company, are the ones that'll be managed, though they may be far smarter than those that manage them.

Also population of Hong Kong and Singapore is less than Israel, yet they still perform much better than Israel.

What kind of performance? Making money? Hong Kong and Singapore are world commercial centers. We should be comparing Hong Kong and Singapore to New York, London, Chicago, Los Angeles, Paris, Tokyo. Not only do they have much higher GDP than HK and Singapore, they also have much better per capita income. There are plenty of other cities as well who are a lost better than HK and Singapore.

Your own Shanghai has a GDP of $233 B which is comparable to Mumbai with $209 B, people say half of Mumbai lives in slums producing an estimated GDP of $2 B. The rest $207 B is produced by the rest 10 Million inhabitants. City dwellers of Mumbai hence would have at least 50% more per capita than Shanghai. Shanghai has a per capita of $12,300 which is again comparable to $11,900 of Bangalore.

Question is does doing better than others in current situations prove that someone(race) has a much higher IQ than others???

I guess the answer is NO.

What kind of performance? Making money? Hong Kong and Singapore are world commercial centers. We should be comparing Hong Kong and Singapore to New York, London, Chicago, Los Angeles, Paris, Tokyo. Not only do they have much higher GDP than HK and Singapore, they also have much better per capita income. There are plenty of other cities as well who are a lost better than HK and Singapore.

Your own Shanghai has a GDP of $233 B which is comparable to Mumbai with $209 B, people say half of Mumbai lives in slums producing an estimated GDP of $2 B. The rest $207 B is produced by the rest 10 Million inhabitants. City dwellers of Mumbai hence would have at least 50% more per capita than Shanghai. Shanghai has a per capita of $12,300 which is again comparable to $11,900 of Bangalore.

Question is does doing better than others in current situations prove that someone(race) has a much higher IQ than others???

You must be joking, while i am from HK, give me a break for saying HK is nothing special, Key word="Ranking" is not there for nothing;
Hongkong rank 16 GDP 320b, ppp 45700 population 7 ml. Name me one India city even came close.:lol:
Most of all Forex-reserves of 256.8 billion which can take on the whole india with a pitful forex reserves of less than 280 billion.
Next time think twice before shooting your jealousy trash.:argh:
hktdc.com - HK's forex reserves rise to US$256.8 billion in June
List of cities by GDP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
PS, you just prove the reliability of IQ rating=81.

He is not talking about economy here. The ranking is either IQ or International test score for science and math.

The GDP you listed for Shanghai and Mumbai is in PPP, which is irrelevent in international comparison. The real GDP for Shanghai is $ 218 billion and $ 42.7 billion for Mumbai.

The GDP you listed for Shanghai and Mumbai is in PPP, which is irrelevent in international comparison. The real GDP for Shanghai is $ 218 billion and $ 42.7 billion for Mumbai.

Those numbers make a lot more sense.

He is not talking about economy here. The ranking is either IQ or International test score for science and math.

Ohh my mistake.
Damn wiki cannot be trusted. They haven't given any mention of GDP in PPP or as real. They just mentioned it in the same table.

Ohh my mistake.
Damn wiki cannot be trusted. They haven't given any mention of GDP in PPP or as real. They just mentioned it in the same table.

Actually it said "List of cities in the world by GDP value in PPP".

Anyways, I still don't understand why they use PPP method in this comparison.

Clearly this site is a garbage site Bobby Fischer was definitely not Jewish. This is one of the main reasons why the "Jewish Myth" still exists, the Jews go around claiming that everybody that is successful is Jewish.

Bobby Fischer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fischer's library contained anti-Semitic and white supremacist literature such as Mein Kampf, The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, and The White Man's Bible and Nature's Eternal Religion by Ben Klassen, founder of the Church of the Creator.[277][278] A notebook written by Fischer is filled with sentiments such as "8/24/99 Death to the Jews. Just kill the Motherfuckers!" and "12/13/99 It's time to start randomly killing Jews.

" despite his Jewish ancestry" and thats what we are talking about inheritable IQ.

Back
Top Bottom