What's new

Explain Hindu Dharam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant argue about the rest of the stuff you posted but I am not sure about the chronology of Rig Veda and other vedic texts. Rig Veda, is very much an account of the early Aryan way of life in the sub-continent and has to be younger than 2500BC. As the Indus Valley civilization was pretty much flourishing around that time.

You are right. I guess as Rig Veda was the first Veda, the 6500 BC time frame actually tries to depict the origins of the Veda. Remember that it was all passed down generations as word of mouth before it was written.

Well wat i can find is we respect animals and believe in avatars of GOD. Nothin else.
Why not pray to one GOD and not make idols of him?or do we need someone tht we can see to have faith in?

No there is no binding of any kind in Hinduism. Hinduism has most liberal attitude.

In Hinduism.

God is one and only.

He has no size, no shape, we can't see him, no one can see him.

He's the creature of all, humans, animals, earth, planets, stars whole universe.

Everybody is free to call him by any name in any language.

You can worship him in any form.

One is to watch is karma (action) do only good actions don't hurt anyone by any means no matter he's small or big, animal or tree.

A real Honest question.Pls don't take me for a troll.If you find offensive just leeme know i will delete it.

Ok the question is.As hindus pray more than one god.So isn't it possible that the god with less followers would be angry at the god with more followers.So it will lead to fight.So if gods fight who's gonna run the earth?

Though I am a Sikh I will try and answer as much as I can.

The thing is that mythologically, all Gods in Hinduism are related. Its like one big family. So there are ocassional disagreements between the family, but that doesn't lead to fights that would threaten the earth.

IMHO the similarity between Hinduism and Abrahamic religions, about the concept of GOD, is the belief in One absolute, formless, spiritless all-encompassing being as GOD. Then there is also the concept of the Holy Trinity, in Hinduism's case it is the trinity of Brahma, Shiva and Vishnu.

The similarities end there, though the tenets and teachings are very similar in all religions/faiths.

A real Honest question.Pls don't take me for a troll.If you find offensive just leeme know i will delete it.

Ok the question is.As hindus pray more than one god.So isn't it possible that the god with less followers would be angry at the god with more followers.So it will lead to fight.So if gods fight who's gonna run the earth?

They are all the same god in the end. In Bhagwat Gita Krishna tells to Arjuna that there is one and only one god. All this different types of gods is really one single god call it Brahma,Vishnu,Kali its all the same...

Hinduism believes that God cannot confined to 6 senses so its impossible for normal human to think or imagine about god, for that reason god is kept in human forms which can be thought out by a human mind..

Sorry for my sloppy English..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom