What's new

Expert: J-10 more suitable for Argentina

Come on mate. You can add around 8 to 12M for over life time support. 38-48m is not realistic. if they add 2M more then they can buy another new plane.

Ask about PAF mirages fleet how they have spent huge money on spares...you said 12m isn't that was i added or close to as i mentioned 38-48m...adding 12m to 25 makes 37...close enough.:enjoy:

No adding 2m they may buy mig-35 and than add 20m more for over the life time support.

You do realize that even if Argentina buys JF17 it will be from CHina and they will still make a profit?
They can make even bigger profits without splitting money plus this sale will also help them with marketing of their new front line fighter. JF17 project was more about Pakistan's needs and not for China. Their primary focus is J10 project and they would surly want to sale it.

There are quite a few countries interested in JF-17. It isn't a bad aircraft for a country on budget. Exports are expected after PAF starts raising units of Block2 JF-17. Nothing is definite though.

Argentina is being blocked by UK in defense acquisitions. They are also not doing well economically. UK might persuade France to block any such sale. Chinese and Russian remain the only viable options then. JF-17 remain best bang for bucks in its category. It has virtually no competitor in this category at this price point. So lets see.

I think they should give a try to SU-30s or MiG-35s.

Cost cutting and backward compatibility with established maintenance systems.

That is indeed a joke, only having an AESA multifold increases the capability of a fighter jet but not that much that we could match it with the whole proven system. Although the mentioned type which is not primitive J-10 but J-10B is much improved in terms of capability then its predecessor but still it can be compared to an F-16 Block 60 or fairly we can say it lies somewhere in the middle of Block 52+ and Block 60 of F-16 on the scale of 1 to 10 at may be 7.5 to 9 but still not as capable as a Block 60 because even Blk 60 has better engine and avionics and we only speculate about J-10B or could make ideas about it and its all due to believe that their is a certain Israeli and Pakistani input in this system which both are very much familiar with F-16s.

Sir,

AESA is a total game changer---proven systems other than aesa in front of it mean nothing----.

Sir,

AESA is a total game changer---proven systems other than aesa in front of it mean nothing----.

Khan sahib I know what you are saying as Gambit has already said enough but still as time passes its efficacy will reduce as other systems keep getting better and better.

Argentina has the same problem as PAF, urgently need to replace aging jets and not enough budget. JF-17 is their bestans safest option plus if they had gone for Sukhois or J-10s the British might have freaked out too much on the threat level and increase the number of Typhoons.

Does it have the invincible DSI ??

i totaly agree with expert, j-10 is more -suitable-for-argentina....:crazy_pilot:

If j10 has CM 400AKG than ok else they should go for jf17. Reality is Avionics wise J10 is as good as jf17 but j10b is somethin else

Khan sahib I know what you are saying as Gambit has already said enough but still as time passes its efficacy will reduce as other systems keep getting better and better.

Hi,

The other systems are their peak---they have reached their maximum potential. Aesa it is for the next 20 --- 30 years till they come out with something different----.

Hi,

The other systems are their peak---they have reached their maximum potential. Aesa it is for the next 20 --- 30 years till they come out with something different----.

I believe the next big leap would come from another detection medium, and passive systems, like Infra Red.

That's an "if" and a "maybe".They've signed for 36 Gripens.

All defense contracts are signed with initial amount, with clause(s) to buy more.

Some Pakistan members here have no idea, they think china is so stingy that would grab business from closest ally for a few billion dollar, sigh!!!!!! what we want from Argentina is not money, but influence.

I don't think Chinese are interested in co-production of J-10B. They will not be happy with local manufacturing either. Which means losing business for spares as they will be manufacturing it locally. Well most of it. In any case, Pakistan will always picture in if it is about JF-17.

Chinese have no other option. If any country has the $ to get the production lines with TOT then China isn't going to say no. Remember China is the new kid on the block, right now it doesn't have the Seller's Market where it can dictate certain terms. If China wants influence in the areospace industry it's going to have to agree to transfer production lines, that is with the correct $, to get it's foot in the door.

national pride has nothing to do with it. it's common sense and Argentina,Venezuela, and Brazil have been lacking that.

Hey, don't talk about Pakistan like that.

Argentina needs to push up the Falklands issue to deflect pressure on their national policies.

J-10 is the most cost effective 4.5 generation fighter jet , a country like can Argentina get.

Back
Top Bottom