Expensive power: Man suffers heart attack on seeing electricity bill

Peaceful Civilian

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
e6e13dd3fce5b6bce9c2b1752e6848c4.jpg

FAISALABAD:
A man died of cardiac arrest on Friday reportedly on seeing his electricity bill.

A Ghulam Muhammadabad police spokesman said Gulzar Ahmad, a resident of Mohallah Usman Ghani, received an electricity bill of Rs18,000 early on Friday morning.

He said the man had a heart attack and was taken to a hospital where he died.

Muhammad Akhtar, a relative, told newsmen that Ahmad was a cobbler and had lived in a rented house in Mohallah Usman Ghani.

“Ahmad did not have a steady source of income. He got very worried and had a heart attack when he saw the bill,” he said.

A spokesman for the Faisalabad Electric Supply Company (FESCO) said Ahmad had been billed according to the meter reading.

He said Ahmad had not paid his bill last month and the arrears had been charged in the new bill.

He said the FESCO chief had formed a committee to probe into the matter.

“If Ahmad’s electricity bill is incorrect or has been inflated, action would be taken against those responsible,” the spokesman added.

c14deccd93f076f8c72e1da6d361d722.jpg

Expensive power: Man suffers heart attack on seeing electricity bill – The Express Tribune

Last edited:
18000 mean around 9k rs..... Not that much big amount.. I don't know why he got heart attack.

What a pity!!!!

18000 mean around 9k rs..... Not that much big amount.. I don't know why he got heart attack.
Yups, I too get a bill of INR 15K monthly that would give electric shocks to most of the pakistanis here for sure.

When your income is normal between 10k-20k , & bill is more than it, you will eat food or pay bills, or pay the fee of children or house rent if you don't own it. Pakistan is poor country,People can't afford bill like this . .

What a pity!!!!

Yups, I too get a bill of INR 15K monthly that would give electric shocks to most of the pakistanis here for sure.

Dear don't boast what you can afford to pay though 15k inr is budgets of most indian families n same used to be my salary once upon a time n if had i got similar bills i would have had certainly a shock for some days.....

What a pity!!!!

LOL - Look at the facts, sir. India has more poor than Africa (who live on less then 1$ a day) More of world's poor live in India than in all sub-Saharan Africa, says study | World news | The Guardian less then 1$per day means around 30$ per month do you think these people can pay INR 15k bill?These people don't have even toilets :D .Very nice of you to show India as some rich country despite the fact that it is a poor sh!thole. See: More of world's poor live in India than in all sub-Saharan Africa, says study | World news | The Guardian

LOL - Look at the facts, sir. India has more poor than Africa (who live on less then 1$ a day) More of world's poor live in India than in all sub-Saharan Africa, says study | World news | The Guardian less then 1$per day means around 30$ per month do you think these people can pay INR 15k bill?These people don't have even toilets .Very nice of you to show India as some rich country despite the fact that it is a poor sh!thole. See: More of world's poor live in India than in all sub-Saharan Africa, says study | World news | The Guardian
But unlike weak hearted your country men, no one dies here of heart attack because of wrong bill or overuse,

BTW it is not mentioned in the news article whether bill was wrong or he actually used that much of electricity.

our jaspal bhatti got an electricity bill of 10 lacs an still survived (he had a heart attack thoh).....
on a serious note, i hope the person who died eas not the only breadwinner of the house.

But unlike weak hearted your country men, no one dies here of heart attack because of wrong bill or overuse,

BTW it is not mentioned in the news article whether bill was wrong or he actually used that much of electricity.
you want me to post figures of the number of Indian farmers commiting suicide because of high debt burdens???
More than 270,000 Indian cotton farmers have killed themselves since 1995
You do know that suicide is considered a corwards way out unless you happen to live in Japan..
Lets stop assuming about how he was....its just a sad story!!!

One need to run 2 to 3 ACs for 10-12 hours everyday to get that kind of bill, probably he was used to a bill 1/10th or 1/20th of what he got.

LOL - Look at the facts, sir. India has more poor than Africa (who live on less then 1$ a day) More of world's poor live in India than in all sub-Saharan Africa, says study | World news | The Guardian less then 1$per day means around 30$ per month do you think these people can pay INR 15k bill?These people don't have even toilets :D .Very nice of you to show India as some rich country despite the fact that it is a poor sh!thole. See: More of world's poor live in India than in all sub-Saharan Africa, says study | World news | The Guardian

At the same time India's middle class population would be many times more than the entire population of most of the countries around the world, in fact it is more than the entire population of other countries barring one.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom