What's new

Exim Bank of China is about to seize Uganda’s only international airport and some other of its assets, for non-repayment of a $207m loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debt trap. same model has been applied on Pakistan but Everybody was like CPEC this CPEC that lol. China has already made Pakistan a bigger beggar. hahaha. Anyway time for united states and allies to target China. Enough nonsense.

Who goes after who? it's more likely that they went to Chinese banks for money instead of the otherway around, Chinese banks could have offered the best deal to them comparing to others, that's why they borrowed from Chinse banks, if Indian banks offtered them better deals, you believe they will refuse the offer?
China goes after poor countries dangling money as "investment", the interest rates of which are NOT lower than other commercial banks/ institutions. So why do countries choose China? Or why do countries find that only China can commit for to-be failed projects rejected by other institutions?
Because Corrupt Jing Ping sweetens deals with money under the table. Few 00s millions of dollars in foreign bank accounts of a few officials and the country is yours. There's a reason why there are such "hidden clauses" in almost all agreements Chinese deal with!
All money comes with strings attached but Chinese are the worst of the lot, not just money or influence (western institutions) but they also eat sovereignty of other countries!

China goes after poor countries dangling money as "investment", the interest rates of which are NOT lower than other commercial banks/ institutions. So why do countries choose China? Or why do countries find that only China can commit for to-be failed projects rejected by other institutions?
Because Corrupt Jing Ping sweetens deals with money under the table. Few 00s millions of dollars in foreign bank accounts of a few officials and the country is yours. There's a reason why there are such "hidden clauses" in almost all agreements Chinese deal with!
All money comes with strings attached but Chinese are the worst of the lot, not just money or influence (western institutions) but they also eat sovereignty of other countries!
Then if Chinese money is all that bad, why they all chose Chinese money over other's, why didn't they choose all good Indian money, is Indian money even worse than Chinese money? Indians can offer them better deals and keep them away from dirty Chinese money.

Then if Chinese money is all that bad, why they all chose Chinese money over other's, why didn't they choose all good Indian money, is Indian money even worse than Chinese money?
Increasing post count? 🤣
What am I, your employment assistance program dumbass?

An Indian accuses the Chinese of corruption? I remember France just accused India of corruption in the Rafale procurement case? Do you need me to remind you of India's ranking in the international integrity index?
You can see clearly that the interest rate of this loan is only 2%, which is a low interest loan.

Increasing post count? 🤣
What am I, your employment assistance program dumbass?
There is a China-based Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) , Do you know which country is the biggest borrower from this bank?

An Indian accuses the Chinese of corruption? I remember France just accused India of corruption in the Rafale procurement case? Do you need me to remind you of India's ranking in the international integrity index?
You can see clearly that the interest rate of this loan is only 2%, which is a low interest loan.
Read the clauses I posted above in that loan "agreement" before you waste scant brain cells on an alleged corruption in Rafale.
There is a China-based Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) , Do you know which country is the biggest borrower from this bank?
India is the biggest borrower from AIIB and it also holds ~9% stake in the bank. No borrowings by India comes with "hidden clauses". Done? Now buzz off.

Read the clauses I posted above in that loan "agreement" before you waste scant brain cells on an alleged corruption in Rafale.
Clauses are made by two parties and mutually agreed, why they didn't borrow from Indian banks? are your clauses any better?

Can you debate or not? India could be the biggest borrower of the Chinese money.

LoL ,But why they accepted if there are better options from other countries? maybe from Indian..?

We are still making money off you, that's the only thing that matters, and when will you kick us out?

We also make money off you. And alot. Thought thats center of any deal. Or do you claim Greece makes no profit?

The moment the conflict with turkey escalates and we depend more on USA about this, China will be out. You know that as well. Its totally reasonable.

We also make money off you.
Then good, both are happy I guess.
The moment the conflict with turkey escalates and we depend more on USA about this, China will be out. You know that as well. Its totally reasonable.
When exactly? you are not talking about decades away from now, do you, in our life time or not?

China is absolutely right... I can only pray that situation should not come to Indian neighbours....

While G.O.I is bailing out Indian banks with taxpayers Money plus starting a collection agency, but in all that doom and gloom at home, its so nice to see Indians are worried about their neighbours

With more than 150,000 branches loaded with $2tn (£1.46tn) worth of deposits and serving over a billion customers, India's banks look impressive on paper.
In reality, they are in a mess.
A clutch of banks is saddled with tens of billions of dollars of bad loans after years of injudicious lending to dud projects. State-owned banks account for more than 60% of the sour debt. Five banks have been rescued from collapse since 2018.

The bailouts - more than $35bn of taxpayers' money was injected to revive ailing banks between 2005 and 2009 alone - haven't helped much. In July last year, Fitch Ratings said India's struggling banks would need between $15bn-$58bn in infusion of fresh funds by 2022.
Now the government plans to float a long talked-about "bad bank" which will try to tame $27bn of bad loans and clean up the balance sheets of commercial banks.

This would still be a quarter of India's estimated $100bn of bad loans on the books of commercial banks. The resultant squeeze on credit has not only hobbled banking but undermined growth: private investments have nosedived as risk-averse banks are unwilling to lend freely.

We all know Chinese deals are entices to corrupt leadership of these countries. Chinese are like the village pawn shop who would lend money to incompetents of the family knowing fully well that they can't pay back, yet do so just to capture the family assets. Societies despise such people.

Its Nice to see you are aware of situation outside your country
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-58654740

At less than 60% India's credit to GDP ratio remains low, yet its banks have some of the highest non-performing loans in the world.

A "bad bank" - also described as an asset reconstruction company - typically buys bad loans from affected banks at an agreed price. Then it liquidates or sells assets that borrowers have offered as securities against loans. The proceeds from the sales help the banks recoup some of the money they had lent to companies.
This is not the first time India has faced a bad loan crisis or launched a "bad bank". In fact, there have been 28 such firms, all privately owned, in the past two decades, but recoveries have been underwhelming.
This time, the government has formed two companies - one which will acquire the bad loans and will be state owned; and the other, partly privately owned, will try to sell the assets.
The government will pay the difference between the expected value of assets by the commercial bank and what the "bad bank" will be able to raise from the asset sales.

Then good, both are happy I guess.

When exactly? you are not talking about decades away from now, do you, in our life time or not?

As things develop recently i guess in the next 5 to 10 years. Turkey gets increasingly agressive. Its sick, old president and collapsing economy pushs it even more

India is the biggest borrower from AIIB and it also holds ~9% stake in the bank.
But you borrow one third of the total, that is mostly Chinese money, you know its Chinese money, don't you?
As things develop recently i guess in the next 5 to 10 years.
By then China is already the biggest economy in the world and closing in on US even militarily, don't make future judgement of a country's foreign policy based on the current situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom