What's new

Excalibur to hold the fort now

I suspect the look reflects the performance...........shoddy.

I'll tell you what.In 3-4 years the Excalibur will be making its debut.you can make your debut too by joining the LeT - Daura - e - Aam & make your tryst with destiny across the LoC.

If you do survive , I'm sure we'd learn about the efficacy of the rifle or the lack of it.If you don't, the last thing you'd see before you see the Maker is your likeness .

Toodles.

And you Are ???Go Make your scooter engines.Indian army Spend More on Stationary than your Entire Army budget
Please sir give the contract out to DRDO, plz, plz plz.......plz.

I'll tell you what.In 3-4 years the Excalibre will be making its debut.you can make your debut too by joining the LeT - Daura - e - Aam & make your trust with destiny across the LoC.If you do survive , I'm sure we'd learn about the efficacy of the rifle or the lack of it.If you don't, the last thing you'd see before you see the Maker is your likeness .

Toodles.
Indiran, Indiran.....Indiran, my dear chap in 3 years we may well have the SCAR H whilst you will have to do with Excalibur the pitiful son of INSAS.:lol::lol::lol:

A second mount Picatinny is 3-4 slots, granted!
Those are OEM however and small by current standards.

Check this scope using 9 slots :
or the next French standard AR :
So for basic Infantry units only, fine!
If the title had read Ex-caliber to hold fort for now,
I'd have let it pass.

In any case, no offense and no worry, later, Tay.​

Like you said, it's enough for the basic infantry. Currently, they're using a even smaller rail.

iNCqCuf.jpg

ZZZwyfp.jpg

DDrCb1t.jpg

9GnEBWb.jpg

7EuY0Hs.jpg

jOlGlsH.jpg

10-1.jpg

59I4fsF.jpg

ah ! the glorious day for the Lords operating govt owned OFBs .. one more generation will be benefited from this piece of junk ! life of soldiers .. thats the cheapest things u can imagine !

But this is also one of the most tested rifles ....
really !!

A second mount Picatinny is 3-4 slots, granted!
Those are OEM however and small by current standards.

Check this scope using 9 slots :
or the next French standard AR :
So for basic Infantry units only, fine!
If the title had read Ex-caliber to hold fort for now,
I'd have let it pass.

In any case, no offense and no worry, later, Tay.​
in india .. these things are decided by the baboons of civilians Bureaucracy! who cant spot Picatinny Rail to save their life.

Indiran, Indiran.....Indiran, my dear chap in 3 years we may well have the SCAR H whilst you will have to do with Excalibur the pitiful son of INSAS.:lol::lol::lol:
You Always Has Every thing in your wish List those 8 F-16 J10,S-35 And Others :rofl:

In Reality All you have is "Sheikh chilli Ke Haseen Kawab" :lol::lol::lol::lol::azn:

lol , this is the same INSAS which killed WANI , your Fav cheerleader and also Some also PAK citizens which found here and their in JK ;)

lol , this is the same INSAS which killed WANI , your Fav cheerleader and also Some also PAK citizens which found here and their in JK ;)
Their are no Pak citizens , it is indigenous Kashmiris who cannot stand the sight of you......one day they will become Pak citizen as this is their wish.Kudos............BTW I hear it was para-commandos who carried that operation out, they as far as I know use Tavor, so it was more than likely a Tavor that was responsible , INSAS might have jammed on its user:lol:

Yes, It was pitched against Beretta ARX 160, CZ-805 BREN, IMI Galil ACE 1, Colt M4 and SIG SG551 in temperatures ranging -50 to 50 degree Celsius, Excalibur triumphed where the aforementioned failed to clear.

Does it matter if it serves its purpose?

This is interesting information and tells us how rugged the excalibur is.

Parrikar is doing a Fantastic job in cleaning up the Armed forces.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...irm-corruption-defence-ministry/1/795682.html

Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar has scrapped a controversial Army tender worth around `1,000 crore to procure 45,000 rifles amid allegations of corruption in the acquisition process.

The tender was under the scanner over the possibility of favours being given to Israeli firm, Israeli Weapons Industry, over its other rivals in the deal. The tender for the rifles was issued in 2010 in which 44,600 close quarter carbines (rifles) were to be provided to the infantry units for combating terrorists in close fights.

ZERO TOLERANCE FOR CORRUPTION

Twenty-eight companies had shown interest in the tender but ultimately after a long trial process only the Israeli firm was left as 'single vendor' in the race for the coveted contract. "The tender has been scrapped after deliberations with all stakeholders and legal advice. The Army has been asked to restart the process to buy the guns," a senior Defence Ministry official told Mail Today.

"The process for acquiring the guns may have been affected but there will be zero tolerance for corruption," the official added. Though the Defence Ministry allows single vendor cases to be carried through, but it generally prefers only multi-vendor cases at the final stages to reap benefits in terms of cost due to competition. The Ministry has now asked the Army to restart the tender under fast-track procedure, but Parrikar has made it clear that the next tender should also be a multi-vendor procedure, sources revealed.

The deal had come under cloud after Union Minister Rao Inderjit Singh expressed doubts over the process of selection of the Israeli gun at the Defence Acquisition Council meeting in June. During his stint in the Defence Ministry, the minister had also sought a CBI probe into the deal. After objections were raised about the tender process, Parrikar had held meetings with all stakeholders including Secretary, Defence production, Ashok Gupta; Director General, acquisition, Smitha Nagaraj; Army deputy chief Lt Gen. Subroto Raha and other senior officers to find out a way to go ahead with the ongoing tender, but it did not yield results.

WHY A SINGLE-VENDOR SITUATION AROSE

In the initial phase of procurement, the Army had sent the Request for Information to 28 companies and after getting responses, the Request for Proposal was sent to five firms. "At the trial stage of the competition, just two companies - Italian Beretta and Israeli Weapon Industry - were left. The Galil ACE CQB carbine was offered by IWI while Beretta had offered its ARX160 model," the official said.

Sources said the Directorate General of Quality Assurance rejected Beretta because a safety measure on its laser sight was found unsuitable. The night sight by Beretta, widely used in the US, was fitted with a small screw, which needed to be opened before use. This screw dropped off during trials ensuring its rejection, and resulting in the 'single-vendor' situation. The tender called for night vision sights to be fitted onto the "Picatinny rail"- a standardised bracket - on the top of the barrel. Since no gun maker makes night sights, it was suggested to keep options open.

The global tender for the carbines was issued with the option to get transfer of technology to build another 1.2 lakh such carbines by the Ordnance Factory Board. Defence sources said it needs to be clarified as to why such a deal was allowed to progress when several three-star and two-star rank officers were involved in supervisory role. All new procurements are the responsibility of the Deputy Chief of Army Staff (Planning and Systems), who reports to the Chief of Army Staff directly. :P

Their are no Pak citizens , it is indigenous Kashmiris who cannot stand the sight of you......one day they will become Pak citizen as this is their wish.Kudos............BTW I hear it was para-commandos who carried that operation out, they as far as I know use Tavor, so it was more than likely a Tavor that was responsible , INSAS might have jammed on its user:lol:
lol, some carrying PAK made grenades and when they killed no one claims their body.... they in fact directly dropped from MARS, Wonder why was HAfiz Saeed bark then and what for?

Yea same story we heard about AK Khan, OBL, Kargil ..... ..... Height of lies ..from the very Top Level, i know you will start burning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom