What's new

Ex-resident of Nasla Tower dies of depression: Abad

FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1639834701360.png

An elderly woman, who was a former resident of 15-storey Nasla Tower, died after suffering from “sheer depression,” the Association of Builders and Developers (Abad) said on Friday.

Shamim Usman, 65, was among scores of residents who were ordered by the Supreme Court to vacate their apartments in Nasla Tower so it could be demolished for partly encroaching upon the land meant for a service road.

The Abad said she was a retired employee of the Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) and was suffering from depression after she had forced to vacate her flat in the multi-storey building last month.

“Shamim Usman resided in flat No 104 of Nasla Tower,” said a statement. She was a retired employee of PIA who had invested all her money earned through hard work and service benefits on retirement. She was in sheer depression after she and all residents of Nasla Tower were forced to leave their homes on the order of Supreme Court.”

The demolition of Nasla Tower is currently under way and a large numer of labourers are busy in razing the building.

Inallilahe wa inna ilahe rajiyoun

No amount of compensation can help build homes, they can build houses or pyramids it won't matter.

Hope Ms. Usmans death is not politicised nor her familys sorrow.

No amount of compensation can help build homes, they can build houses or pyramids it won't matter.
A very sad moment, our CJP is only fixated on turning Karachi into rubble and destroying the homes of the poor. They are more pressing issues in the country than demolishing ordinary peoples HOMES.

Bhai it's me, I am currently not in the good books of brother Windjammer because of my political beliefs. Nevertheless, we all have great respect for him for his invaluable contribution to the PDF.
Nothing to do with your political side or beliefs, I hardly get involved into the political debates or mud slinging with the exception of some humour. But you have had other members complaining about opening daily threads on Dollar /Rupee rates or minor social issues. Surely you can do better than copy pasting everything you see or read on Pakistani media.

What does your comprehension abilities think.
That’s why I was questioning you, If I recall the good old windy, I would say he is complaining against the OP in a sarcastic manner. But lately you are acting all different so You never know the motive.

Apologies in case I offended you
judge ka seena to thanda ho gya na .
Jab saanp dansenge isko qabar mein tab pata chalega.

Jibreel AS even though being an Angel, Angels having no authority of free will, Yet he decided to stuff the mouth of Pharoah with mud, Just because He feared that Allah might forgive Pharoah.

When this Supreme Court Pharoah gets in the grave, He will face similar angels and worst sort of Azab InshaAllah

How can you die from depression
Also weren't residents supposed to be compensated by the builders?

Nothing to do with your political side or beliefs, I hardly get involved into the political debates or mud slinging with the exception of some humour. But you have had other members complaining about opening daily threads on Dollar /Rupee rates or minor social issues. Surely you can do better than copy pasting everything you see or read on Pakistani media.
BTW, The death is real, And she was giving interview just 3 days ago.

Nasla is a tragedy not any Pakistani is taking seriously.

Its the state vs people, Yet people aren’t understanding this. It’s our nation and yet we are held hostage here, Damaged by every means possible.
How can you die from depression
Also weren't residents supposed to be compensated by the builders?
Has any “Supposed to be” ever happened in Pakistan ? Even if yes, That’s not the situation in KHI.

As for death by depression, Is that something new to you ?

Iss building mein judge ka apna flat hota tu Judge nay poora judicial system freeze kar daina tha laikin yay building demolish na hoti. Nasla tower residents ki badkismati kay yahan ko judge general ya politicoan ka flat nae tha. Chief Justice should be held accountable for this death. Kaisa kaisa lanati judge mila hai Pakistan ko.

China witnessed many such tragedies when building infrastructure
People like to say China this and that but you know stuff like this was very common in China- just read up stories from that era

Or you can look at eminent domain laws in US (granted are much more humane than China but also results in costly, slow infrastructure building)
Start from 1:10
Even in eminent domain (humane than China)
Compensation is decided by Government- so you know lower than market rate

Want the city to devalop or want to take care of people?
Hard to do both even in rich countries and ours is a poor one

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom