What's new

Ex Indian army General saying ***** on live tv debate show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh..
The general probably knew it was a derogatory thing.. Otherwise he wouldnt have used it so often
And the Indian media should have censored it... Just like they censor everything
It was a Live show and we don't have Time Machine.

BY the way Indian media censor many things unlike your media which never covers few things at all. :D

Should I posted people calling vulgar names on Talk show in your media ?

Buddy, we don't consider this word as insulting for Pakistanis. Seriously, people don't know about it. When I came to this forum, I got infraction for calling one Miyan, Zakii gave me an infraction, I told him I don't know its consider as insult, I just learned from Movies. Even Pakistani people say Mian Nawaz Shareef.

He told me in Gujrat it was used as insulting word.

Its more of not knowing this fact, nothing to do with using this for insulting you.

thnx man.while posting comments i thought of using miyan many times,but something stopped me frm doing it.now i know that i dont have to say it.

but u r right,i think miyan is used for muslims in a normal healthy way,and not as an insult.

In India its not a slur, its just a short. When I left India many years ago then I found out its a slur in UK that's used for all south asians not just pakistanis.

If pakistanis want to feel more self pity and victimhood, they are welcome, but its a non issue.

Which word is an insult? I know the shortened form of Pakistani is an insult in an English environment.

I can guarantee that 99% of Indians (those living in India) do not know it.

Is 'Mian' an insult too? My God, good to know this, I'm more than well read, but I never realized it.

In India growing up, and as I worked, not only was it used as a normal term of respectful address for Muslims, but even us Hindus used it casually among ourselves, for friends. E.g. Kaise ho main, kya chal raha hai mian, etc.

I guess one learns new things every day; so this word is an insult in Pakistan or in England?

Mian is definitely not an abuse word..as far as I know i have heard just two words while staying in mumbai with can be considered as derogatory towards muslims - the k word and the l word.

Which word is an insult? I know the shortened form of Pakistani is an insult in an English environment.
Is 'Mian' an insult too? My God, good to know this, I'm more than well read, but I never realized it.
In India growing up, and as I worked, not only was it used as a normal term of respectful address for Muslims, but even us Hindus used it casually among ourselves, for friends. E.g. Kaise ho main, kya chal raha hai mian, etc.
I guess one learns new things every day; so this word is an insult in Pakistan or in England?
Yes, both in Pakistan and Western countries.

The word '****' is a racist slur and is considered in the same derogatory vein as 'nigger', so it must not be used. It is not short for Pakistani, and guests on a Pakistani website should be careful not to insult our hosts

The word '****' is a racist slur and is considered in the same derogatory vein as 'nigger', so it must not be used. It is not short for Pakistani, and guests on a Pakistani website should be careful not to insult our hosts
Buddy, its up to MODs to tell this in PDF announcements and Rule Book. Many people don't know it.

Mian is definitely not an abuse word..as far as I know i have heard just two words while staying in mumbai with can be considered as derogatory towards muslims - the k word and the l word.

:lol: you missed out a lot then, there's plenty more which is under usage in Mumbai.

:lol: you missed out a lot then, there's plenty more which is under usage in Mumbai.

lol...I said these are the two I've heard...well the k word is pretty common all over North..but the l word i've heard only in maharashtra..

pakistanis need to stop crying like sissies. Seriously there are much more important things to worry about, such as keeping your country intact for an example.

pakistanis need to stop crying like sissies. Seriously there are much more important things to worry about, such as keeping your country intact for an example.
Buddy, its about insult. They have every right to protest it. I won't like someone calling me a derogatory name.

Mian means Husband in urdu Mian is not a abuse word at all Mian is used as Sir is used for honour Like Mian Sahab @KRAIT

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom