What's new

Ever heard of Miss Pakistan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narkun

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
I've never seen or heard about a Pakistani female participating in Miss Universe and Miss World pageants. Any specific reason? Perhaps another case of religion overshadowing female rights and equality.

To those who don't know, Miss Venezuela was crowned as the Miss Universe today -

UPDATE 1-Venezuela wins sixth Miss Universe crown | Reuters

ca13393a135b801d4a64ed1858c557eb.jpg

Seems like you have already made up your mind. Your comment of "religion overshadowing female rights and equality" is nothing but ignorant, it is perhaps the propaganda taught in schools of India?

Miss Pakistan World 2009, Ayesha Gilani competes in the 5th largest beauty pageant | Pakistan Daily
The Daily Mail - Daily News from Pakistan - Newspaper from Pakistan

Yeah... but this is 'Miss Pakistan World' not 'Miss Pakistan'. It is held outside Pakistan and the winner takes part in Miss Tourism Queen International not in Miss Universe or Miss World pageants.

And nothing about being ignorant dude. It wasn't as if I was taught in school that Pakistanis ignore female rights. I'm sorry but we have better things to learn :lol: It was just that I could not find Miss Pakistan in the just concluded Miss Universe contest. So I bought up the issue here. If I had already made up my mind, I wouldn't have asked the question in the first place.

Yeah... but this is 'Miss Pakistan World' not 'Miss Pakistan'. It is held outside Pakistan and the winner takes part in Miss Tourism Queen International not in Miss Universe or Miss World pageants.

And nothing about being ignorant dude. It wasn't as if I was taught in school that Pakistanis ignore female rights. I'm sorry but we have better things to learn :lol: It was just that I could not find Miss Pakistan in the just concluded Miss Universe contest. So I bought up the issue here. If I had already made up my mind, I wouldn't have asked the question in the first place.

My argument regarding your comment still remains valid. I dont care if she competed or not. The manner you went about assuming (intentionally or unintentionally) was distasteful and ignorant. I wonder if Indians in India really think like that.. :rolleyes1:

Last edited:
hey webby.. i dont think, indian schools teach about pakistani women competing in Miss world ;) but yes i was curious to know whether there is any pakistani representation in miss universe or miss world, and it seems that they dont have any..!!!!

The Islamic republic of Pakistan doesnt have any official beauty pagents. However the Pakistani's residing outside Pakistan are holding some Pakistan related beauty pagents.

Seems like you have already made up your mind. Your comment of "religion overshadowing female rights and equality" is nothing but ignorant, it is perhaps the propaganda taught in schools of India?

No need actually to bring India or Indian schools in between but

The pageant organizers aspires to enhance "progressive" Pakistani women's goal of achieving "liberation" in what they consider an oppressive society.

The content is from Mrs. Pakistan World whose founder is Sonia Ahmed and the contact team can be contacted Mrs. Pakistan World

Hence it is definately not taught in Indian schools.

GB

P.S: - The grooming co-ordinator is an Indian named Mehul Sharma.

Who cares,

The Miss Universe and World pageants are ridiculous anyways. I am actually very much against it simply because it doesn't promote real beauty. All the women are very euro-centric which is fine but this kind of idea of telling people what beauty really is and overblown across the media does not send a positive message, especially to those little girls who go to school and watch these women. Not only do they become mentally crippled about what beauty is, they try to be someone who they're not especially young girls who are colored.

They model anorexia as the standard of beauty, and in so doing damage young women all over the world. I for one am sick of seeing starved models and beauty queens. Look at sham products like Fair and lovely in Pakistan, what a joke and that thing sells millions. People seriously need to get over it..

Now with that being said i am going to show my hypocritical side and say that Miss Venezuela deserved it lol!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom