What's new

“Even With A Knife To My Throat Won’t Say Bharat Mata Ki Jai”: Owaisi to Mohan Bhagwat

Mumbai:AIMIM leader Asaduddin Owaisi has said he will not chant 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai,' his comments came against the backdrop of RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat's suggestion that the new generation needs to be taught to chant
slogans hailing mother India.

"I don't chant that slogan. What are you going to do, Bhagwat sahab," Owaisi said, at a public rally in Udgir tehsil of Latur district on Sunday.

"I won't utter that (slogan) even if you put a knife to my throat," Owaisi said, amid loud applause by the crowd.

"Nowhere in the Constitution it says that one should say: Bharat Mata ki Jai," he said.

On March 3, Bhagwat had said the new generation needs to be taught to chant slogans hailing mother India, comments which came against the backdrop of the row over alleged anti-India sloganeering on the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) campus.

"Now the time has come when we have to tell the new generation to chant 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai' (hail mother India). It should be real, spontaneous and part of all-round development of the youth," the RSS chief had said.

Owaisi said he will "continue to support" the family of Ishrat Jahan.

I won't say 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai': Owaisi to Mohan Bhagwat - IBNLive
lol , he forgot that his forefathers had gone through that knife and words game long time back before they converted from "SANATAN DHARM"

Understand what secularism means and its roots in Europe. In nutshell, religion got no business with state, meaning no religious or remotely regligious personality should come anywhere near to the state affairs. The church was separated from the running of state and that is what is secularism.
I know what secularism is,in fact Indians were the first to introduce it in state during the time of Ashoka.

Modi might be a Hindu nationalist and a RSS man but you are mistaken a personal belief with state secularism.

He is not above constitution which is secular in nature meaning any policy made by govt would declared null and void by SC,if its against the principle of secularism.

Introduced yourself to a white anglo saxon as "Bharti" next time to you come face to face and see the expression. This non sense only sell within your border which now it seems is not even recognize by your citizens like Owaisi.

And who cares what an Anglo Saxon think if someone introduced to him as a Bhartiya.Only an inferiority complex ridden and people with low self esteem are ashamed of their identity.

Besides Anglo Saxons were living in caves when Indians wrote treatises on Grammer,medicine,mathematics while construction renowned architectural marvels.

lol , he forgot that his forefathers had gone through that knife and words game long time back before they converted from "SANATAN DHARM"
Really Man Owaisi :lol:

A guy who hardly have 5 MP in parliament,should we care what he says.

I am Pakistani, in my regional, mother or national tongue. I introduce myself as Pakistan to outside world. Outside world knows me as Pakistani. Would you care to introduce yourself as Bharati to outsiders? if not, why? India, and Indians are known outside because the terms have got colonial roots which you lot very conveniently adapted without putting too much thinking about what would it mean.

For your information the name India does not have anything to do with colonialism. Early Europeans (perhaps since Alexander / Megasthanese) called it India, the Arabs called it Hind, Hind later became Hindustan but before all these names the land was known as Bharat. If I speak english I will say I am from India, in french I will say Je suis de l'Inde, in arabic I will say Inna min Al Hind. When we speak our native language we mostly call our nation either Bharat or Hindustan and refer ourselves as Hindustani and/or Bharatiya (its not Bharati as most Pakistanis call it. Bharati is another name of the hindu goddess Saraswati).

Similarly the capital city of India is known in english as New Delhi, in Hindi as Nayi Dilli and in urdu Dilli is called dehli. All these versions are acceptable and understood by all. Mumbai was earlier called Bombay in english, Bambai in hindi/urdu and Mumbai in marathi/gujarati. However, its now officially known as Mumbai only.

For your information the name India does not have anything to do with colonialism. Early Europeans (perhaps since Alexander / Megasthanese) called it India, the Arabs called it Hind, Hind later became Hindustan but before all these names the land was known as Bharat. If I speak english I will say I am from India, in french I will say Je suis de l'Inde, in arabic I will say Inna min Al Hind. When we speak our native language we mostly call our nation either Bharat or Hindustan and refer ourselves as Hindustani and/or Bharatiya (its not Bharati as most Pakistanis call it. Bharati is another name of the hindu goddess Saraswati).

Similarly the capital city of India is known in english as New Delhi, in Hindi as Nayi Dilli and in urdu Dilli is called dehli. All these versions are acceptable and understood by all. Mumbai was earlier called Bombay in english, Bambai in hindi/urdu and Mumbai in marathi/gujarati. However, its now officially known as Mumbai only.
Arabs still call us (irrespective of religion) Hindi.

Even ISIS named an Indian Al Hindi.

He does not ask for freedom despite demand of our allied Hyderabad independence groups which are loyal to the regime. Akbaruddin may be more of a man in this regard though independence seekers are unsure whether he will really be willing to take them towards independence.

Hindus afraid of Asaduddin doesn't make sense. He is a muslim nationalist but with the same problem-loyal to India and its constitution a constitution which is peanuts for the muslims to keep us loyal. Muslim demands are genuine and they should be fulfilled. If not we will take freedom.
ok Dude:stop: conversation:closed:

I am Pakistani, in my regional, mother or national tongue. I introduce myself as Pakistan to outside world. Outside world knows me as Pakistani. Would you care to introduce yourself as Bharati to outsiders? if not, why? India, and Indians are known outside because the terms have got colonial roots which you lot very conveniently adapted without putting too much thinking about what would it mean.

Ill give you a simple analogy buddy in hindi mango is aam. Now can i go outside India and ask for aam ?? what response would i get ?

Its the same thing here Bharath (India) and Bharathiya (Indian) they are just different names referring to the same thing.
For me it dosent mean any thing and to be honest the name India is how the subcontinent was known to western countries and it has become one of the many names with which this land mass is known as.

Ultimately its my home that is all that matters India or Bharath its one and the same a country which i call home. Nothing to feel weird abt.

India is a such a paradox.
They call themselves a secular state yet they choose a Hindu extremist as prime minister.
They call themsevles Indians, a word from colonial era, yet they sell their credentials and rights over this region by relating to some mythical entity called Bharat. Though you wont see any Indian outside India selling itself as Bharati, as it will meet WTF expression in outside world. Even in India, they dont want to be refereed as Bharati as evident from this article.

Now i can understand that why Parvez Hoodboy, Nazam shetty , Hasan nisar are very critical of Pakistani education and History in particular.

If you actually read your own comment you will understand what I am talking about. The word India is NOT indegineous. If it was used by Alexander, he was not from your kind but colonial as well. Do you understand the term colonial do you? Bottom line is, this region only came to be known as a functioning, one entity or administrative unit as India under British Raj. No one should dispute that with slightest knowledge of history. This is the word which you inherited from the Brits. Your ancestors didnt choose this word for themselves, it was given. You were a Indian subjects of British Raj. You every conveniently renamed Bombay to Mumbai, Callcutta to Kolkata, without known the word India itself if colonial in nature as well. It is very convenient for you lot to be mentioned as Indians and get recognized because of colonial legacy, otherwise hardly anyone gives a monkey about Bharat outside the borders of India.

Ill give you a simple analogy buddy in hindi mango is aam. Now can i go outside India and ask for aam ?? what response would i get ?

Its the same thing here Bharath (India) and Bharathiya (Indian) they are just different names referring to the same thing.
For me it dosent mean any thing and to be honest the name India is how the subcontinent was known to western countries and it has become one of the many names with which this land mass is known as.

Ultimately its my home that is all that matters India or Bharath its one and the same a country which i call home. Nothing to feel weird abt.

Wrong analogy. You are not a aam are you? The word Pakistan is not a anglo saxon creation, my elders selected this name for my homeland, completely indigenous, yet the world have comes to terms with calling my country Pakistan and me as Pakistani. You changed your cities name from Bombay to Mumbai and some others as well due to this very reason, the colonial legacy. Yet you keep on bragging about India, which is nothing but a colonial term. Not something to be proud of to be honest.

Now i can understand that why Parvez Hoodboy, Nazam shetty , Hasan nisar are very critical of Pakistani education and History in particular.

You are referring to the "chootiyas" of our societies. These loud mouths hardly can be called intellects.

Wrong analogy. You are not a aam are you? The word Pakistan is not a anglo saxon creation, my elders selected this name for my homeland, completely indigenous, yet the world have comes to terms with calling my country Pakistan and me as Pakistani. You changed your cities name from Bombay to Mumbai and some others as well due to this very reason, the colonial legacy. Yet you keep on bragging about India, which is nothing but a colonial term. Not something to be proud of to be honest.

You are referring to the "chootiyas" of our societies. These loud mouths hardly can be called intellects.

You are right. A society where Zaid hamid is defense expert and intellectual, These people are certainly chutiyas. I agree with you.

You are right. A society where Zaid hamid is defense expert and intellectual, These people are certainly chutiyas. I agree with you.

The ones you mentioned are paid dogs, they bark when they are told. Some do the punctures. Their credibility is Zero. Shall we get back to the topic?

If you actually read your own comment you will understand what I am talking about. The word India is NOT indegineous. If it was used by Alexander, he was not from your kind but colonial as well. Do you understand the term colonial do you? Bottom line is, this region only came to be known as a functioning, one entity or administrative unit as India under British Raj. No one should dispute that with slightest knowledge of history. This is the word which you inherited from the Brits. Your ancestors didnt choose this word for themselves, it was given. You were a Indian subjects of British Raj. You every conveniently renamed Bombay to Mumbai, Callcutta to Kolkata, without known the word India itself if colonial in nature as well. It is very convenient for you lot to be mentioned as Indians and get recognized because of colonial legacy, otherwise hardly anyone gives a monkey about Bharat outside the borders of India.
You seem to be confused big time. Do you know how China came to be known as China? Perhaps the Indians were the first to call them Cheen after the Qing dynasty and later Europeans made Cheen to China. Chinese call themselves something like Zhonghua. Similarly Japan is known as Nihon or Nippon in the native language but they both chinese and japanese refer to themselves by their modern names when abroad. So do Indians. I dont know what you are trying to prove or why you are upset with people's choices for their names but name changes are norms everywhere. St. Petersberg was changed to Leningrad and then again back to Sr. Petersberg. Lyalpur was changed to Faisalabad.
As regards to India, the land was first known as "Jambudweep" perhaps when India was still an island that collided with mainland Asia. Later historic evidences reveal that it was known as Bharat and subsequesntly Hind and India. We Indians are fine with all three names. I dont know whats your problem with that.

You seem to be confused big time. Do you know how China came to be known as China? Perhaps the Indians were the first to call them Cheen after the Qing dynasty and later Europeans made Cheen to China. Chinese call themselves something like t.
You're right

As per Wikipedia

The word "China" is thought to have been originally derived from theSanskrit word Cīna (चीन), which is translated into the Persian word Chīn(چین).[26] Cīna was first used in early Hindu scripture, including theMahābhārata (5th century BCE) and the Laws of Manu (2nd century BCE).[27] The word "China" itself was first recorded in 1516 in the journal of the Portuguese explorer Duarte Barbosa.[28]

The Chinese name for China is Zhōngguó. Meaning "Middle Kingdom"

How about a knife to something more delicate and tender?
Would that make him say 'bharath matha ki Jai'? :D

Back
Top Bottom