What's new

Evading ABM Missiles

ranveer

New Recruit

Reaction score
sorry for this may be kiddish question....

I was just seeing PAD interception of dhanush missile...
Now i had a question that is it possible that the attacking missile during its flight path may also be tracking any missile coming towards it to destroy it? second if yes what would it use to track may be a video camera or infrared or radar or mmw,,, dont know about all those things...
just had a scenarion in my mind like cutting a kite with another kite and u can always take your kite safe with moving on sides or down and not taking pech...

If the above scenario could be true that the attacking missile can take aversive action on detecting an incoming missile towards it. What could the defensive missile and attacking missiles do to do their work successfully..
U can take like an areoplane dogfight or something...

Please technical and logical answers..

Thanx

Now i had a question that is it possible that the attacking missile during its flight path may also be tracking any missile coming towards it to destroy it? second if yes what would it use to track may be a video camera or infrared or radar or mmw,,, dont know about all those things...
just had a scenarion in my mind like cutting a kite with another kite and u can always take your kite safe with moving on sides or down and not taking pech...

If the above scenario could be true that the attacking missile can take aversive action on detecting an incoming missile towards it. What could the defensive missile and attacking missiles do to do their work successfully..

Thanx
Both offensive and defensive missiles will keep on getting upgraded.In some previos thread I had noted that this will start an arms race and would bankrupt the smaller economy.It is better for countries to do joint ventures to lower costs.

Thanx

For more info u can google MARV and MIRV for evading ballistic missiles.Hope this helps.

For more info u can google MARV and MIRV for evading ballistic missiles.Hope this helps.

dear manish,,

plz correct me..
MIRV is something like one missile with more than one warehead may be 2 or 10 or n.. number..

MARV is something in which the warhead can change trajectory on its own.....

but my question is can the missile detect the other missile coming towards it and u change course on detecting the missile,,, just like a cat and mouse... not multiple warheads neither changing the trajectory then the defined trajectory..

sorry if it sound dumb..

dear manish,,

plz correct me..
MIRV is something like one missile with more than one warehead may be 2 or 10 or n.. number..

MARV is something in which the warhead can change trajectory on its own.....

but my question is can the missile detect the other missile coming towards it and u change course on detecting the missile,,, just like a cat and mouse... not multiple warheads neither changing the trajectory then the defined trajectory..

sorry if it sound dumb..

Absolutely yes if time permits ie distance from taget is still more.this part of MARV only apart from this other countermeasures can be chaff ,flares and many other things.Hope this helps and no it is certainly not dumb, that is what we are here for learning from each other.

Absolutely yes if time permits ie distance from taget is still more.this part of MARV only apart from this other countermeasures can be chaff ,flares and many other things.Hope this helps and no it is certainly not dumb, that is what we are here for learning from each other.

so a missile while flying towards its destination can detect other AMB missiles coming towards it to destroy it..

Next what technology or sort of seekers the missile would use to detect it...

Flares and chaff would be used to misguide the missile but would it change its trajectory calculating the incoming missile trajectory..

thanx

so a missile while flying towards its destination can detect other AMB missiles coming towards it to destroy it..

Flares and chaff would be used to misguide the missile but would it change its trajectory calculating the incoming missile trajectory..

thanx

Sorry my knowledge ends here.

Anyways thanx mate!!!

If you could ask to someone else as well... or some missile man can answer..

guys,,,

158 view and just one answer.....

Any military or scientific man.....

Reckon its not hard to answer...

thanx..

the attacking missile has a target that has already been designated to it so its objective is to destroy its target,,,hence it will only tr any track change i tn its targets position......where as the target for the defensive missile is the attacking missile so it tracks its targets position........it should be noted that if the attacking missile also tracks the defensive one and tries to evade it,it is highly likely to miss its own target.....so all that a defending nation has to do to alter the path of the attacking missile is just fire some duds in its path.

the attacking missile has a target that has already been designated to it so its objective is to destroy its target,,,hence it will only tr any track change i tn its targets position......where as the target for the defensive missile is the attacking missile so it tracks its targets position........it should be noted that if the attacking missile also tracks the defensive one and tries to evade it,it is highly likely to miss its own target.....so all that a defending nation has to do to alter the path of the attacking missile is just fire some duds in its path.

thanx mate,,,
essentially attacking missile will track other missiles during its flight path and if aggressor missile is detected it will fire some chafs or some other things to divert the aggressor missile..... this sounds like what is used by air planes...

could you please give me some missile details where they missile uses such deception and what technology is used or guidance is used on the way of the flight path?

thanx..

Anyways thanx mate!!!

If you could ask to someone else as well... or some missile man can answer..

As of now none of the attacking missile have capability to detect incoming ABM. But the do have electronic warfare systems, decoys, chaff, flares and stealth capabilities to evade ABMs.

But future generation ABM systems are very very powerful. Their radars and EW systems can identify the real targets from decoys, chaff and flares as well as have very very strong electronic warfare systems.

Thats why countries have started to upgrade their missile systems with dedicated anti-ABM capabilities like Russia.

Here are the possibilities....

1) Sudden change of flight path or something like variable flight path. Russian Bulava, Indian Shourya do that.

2) Early detection of ABMs by radars and taking appropriate actions like chaffs and flares.

3) Very high speed with stealth. That will make interception difficult.

thanx

Indian satellites will have such kind of technology. When they will see another satellite or missile coming towards them they will change their altitude or deviate from that path.

If a missile have to detect another missile than IR will be best idea. It can use combination of technologies like EW, chaffs, flares and decoys, and soft kill capabilities.... like electromagnetic bursts.

As of now none of the attacking missile have capability to detect incoming ABM. But the do have electronic warfare systems, decoys, chaff, flares and stealth capabilities to evade ABMs.

But future generation ABM systems are very very powerful. Their radars and EW systems can identify the real targets from decoys, chaff and flares as well as have very very strong electronic warfare systems.

Thats why countries have started to upgrade their missile systems with dedicated anti-ABM capabilities like Russia.

Here are the possibilities....

1) Sudden change of flight path or something like variable flight path. Russian Bulava, Indian Shourya do that.

2) Early detection of ABMs by radars and taking appropriate actions like chaffs and flares.

3) Very high speed with stealth. That will make interception difficult.

Indian satellites will have such kind of technology. When they will see another satellite or missile coming towards them they will change their altitude or deviate from that path.

If a missile have to detect another missile than IR will be best idea. It can use combination of technologies like EW, chaffs, flares and decoys, and soft kill capabilities.... like electromagnetic bursts.

thanxxxx

sums up of all what i could think...

highly appreciated..

This BM and ABM development is a cat and mouse game. The side that will loose the war will only be the low tech country or the less affordable nation.

I can put my own BM with MIRV/MARV while developing my own ABM. Its a win-win situation for me.
One one side I am making my BM`s imune to enemies ABM`s while at the same time improving my ABM sophistication based on my developed BM`s itself.

At the end of the day, I can have both my BM`s and ABM`s stand against my enemy if I put more money in R &D.

Back
Top Bottom