What's new

Ethiopian woman chosen as "Miss Israel"

Solomon2

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
United States
I hope Israel open the doors for migration for Indian workers just to see the impassioned love between Israel and India, you would be so lucky if they considered you human beings.:mamba: Just look how they treated their fellow Ethiopians.

Thursday, February 28, 2013
Ethiopian woman chosen as "Miss Israel"
From JTA:

miss+israel1.jpg

Yityish Aynaw, a former Israeli army officer, became the first Ethiopian-Israeli to win the Miss Israel pageant.

A panel of judges awarded the title to Aynaw, a 21-year-old model who came to Israel about a decade ago, at the International Convention Center Haifa on Wednesday.

"It's important that a member of the Ethiopian community wins the competition for the first time," she was quoted by Israeli media as telling the judges in response to a question. "There are many different communities of many different colors in Israel, and it's important to show that to the world."
In the interest of fully informing my readers of all relevant background information, without the slightest hint that I have any gratuitous motives, here is Aynaw together with her competition:

missisrael+2.jpg

Solomon, you missed with the wrong guy.

Peaceful demonstrations are excellent means in a democracy to present ignored social and political issues to the attention of the wider public and (eventually) government.

Thanks. I wasn't going to post it but Blackeagle pushed my buttons. That crown is really something, isn't it? Looks really good on her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Peaceful demonstrations are excellent means in a democracy to present ignored social and political issues to the attention of the wider public and (eventually) government.

Thanks. I wasn't going to post it but Blackeagle pushed my buttons. That crown is really something, isn't it? Looks really good on her.

i agree.it is something and so is the girl.

Teshale%20Aberra.0.jpg

An Ethiopian Jew is knocked down by a mounted police officer
during a demonstration in central Jerusalem, Israel, Monday. (AP/Emilio Morenatti)

Back
Top Bottom