What's new

Erdogan on Gülenists: They are Worse than Shiites

bullshit , your own of the worst sectarian countries in the region today and Syria will never be stable as long as its ruled by a sectarian minority , do not sell me this shit kid .

look who is talking sectarian and racism.... are you from Malaysia? I guess from your avatar since you have the Malaysian flag... because in that country the word Allah is forbidden to say for non-muslim.... talk about sectarianism and racism...

again, most of the Syrian government are sunnis, minister of defence is sunni, vice presidents are sunnis, the parliament are sunnis, if it was racist government there would no sunnis at all in the government... btw this thread here is about AKP, if you want to have a discussion about Syria, you can discuss it in the Syrian thread...

I agree with your points to an extent.
As far the underlined part. Why do you think the Gulenist withdrew their support for Erdogan? Could it be related to his support for Palestine.

They force Erdogan to radical steps towards a new theocrasy in turkey.

look who is talking sectarian and racism.... are you from Malaysia? I guess from your avatar since you have the Malaysian flag... because in that country the word Allah is forbidden to say for non-muslim.... talk about sectarianism and racism...

again, most of the Syrian government are sunnis, minister of defence is sunni, vice presidents are sunnis, the parliament are sunnis, if it was racist government there would no sunnis at all in the government... btw this thread here is about AKP, if you want to have a discussion about Syria, you can discuss it in the Syrian thread...

He thinks Islam is only for Arabs, Mahatir has all kinds of strange and extreme ideas/views + predictions about 100 years from now.

They force Erdogan to radical steps towards a new theocrasy in turkey.

For those who don't know the history of this conflict between Erdogan and Gullen, here is a taster. Its from an oldish article about the Gezi park unrest, here in order not to derail the thread I will only post what is relelvant to current discussion.

"Now, all this may seem out of context unless one has the background of Gulen, who heads one of the most influential movements in the Islamic world and which is regarded as drawing on the moderate mystical traditions of Sufism. He fled Turkey in 1999 amid accusations of plotting to overthrow the secular government at that time and has been living in exile on a 10-hectare haven in the mountains of eastern Pennsylvania.

According to a well-researched report by the New York Times, his Green Card application shows that Gulen's request to remain in the United States was endorsed by a former top official dealing with the Middle East in the Central Intelligence Agency. [1]

The mystery deepens when it transpires that the CIA's case officer also is an authority on the "Arab Spring" and political Islam, with a long career track specializing in the use of Islam as an instrument of US regional policies.

Suffice to say, Zaman newspaper has opened the heavy artillery on Erdogan and is exhorting Gul and Arinc to take on the mantle of leadership. Zaman commentaries have virtually called for a revolt against Erdogan by AKP stalwarts.

Erdogan faces an existential challenge. The heart of the matter is that he has grown in stature through the past decade in power taking Turkey to unprecedented heights of prosperity and striding the Arab Muslim world as a role model.

In the process, paradoxically, it has also become increasingly difficult for the US to harness his energy. Erdogan has become uncontrollable - be it in his stance on Syria, support for Iraqi Kurdistan, Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood, or his visceral hatred toward Israel.

Waving the red flag
Woven into all this is also a congruence of interests between the US and Gulen in weakening and destabilizing Erdogan. From Gulen's perspective, Erdogan not only defies him, but is also accelerating a historic compromise with the PKK, a Kurdish group that he is violently opposed to. By the way, a WikiLeaks cable dated 2009 by the then US ambassador to Turkey, James F Jeffrey, assessed that the Gulen movement was strong in the police and security agencies.

Interestingly, Ambassador Jeffrey wrote,

The political context for conversations about Gulen is complicated because President Gul is himself seen by almost all of our contacts as a Gulenist, while Prime Minister Erdogan is not. Indeed, some of our contacts have argued that Erdogan is so firmly outside the Gulen camp that Gulen loyalists view him as a liability. At the same time, the Republican People's Party and other AKP opponents of the ruling Justice and Development Party are quick to accuse the US of working covertly to prop up Gulen, allegedly to weaken Turkey's secular foundation to produce a "model" moderate Islamic nation. [2]

Make no mistake, Turkey's unrest is not going to wither away. Gulen is making his epic move to bring about an "in-house" political coup within the AKP to bring Gul to the fore. Gulen has Washington's support for this "regime change" in Turkey. The Middle East situation has reached a criticality, and who rules Turkey becomes of seminal importance."

For those who want to read the full article it can be found here; http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/MID-01-050613.html

Erdogan is a islamic fanatic. He tried to become independent from his Globalist Masters. He tried to gain independent Power through secret goldtrade with Iran. Global financial lobby is taking steps to weaken Erdogan and force him to OBEY.

carrot and stick for erdogan

carrot-stick.jpg

I agree with your points to an extent.
As far the underlined part. Why do you think the Gulenist withdrew their support for Erdogan? Could it be related to his support for Palestine.
I'am not turk so i can't say, but all i know is that i've never heard about the Palestina reason that makes hiklm be so unpopular

The Palestina cause is often invoked in the muslim world to boost anyone popularity, so i doubt that Gullen can be against the Palestina cause in the muslim world

NATO often own both sides in politics in the countries they control, so maybe he pretends to be against Erdogan and lead the opposition

The only person that made the Syrian conflict into a sectarian war was Assad knowing it was the only way to stay in power .This all started when the Syrian people started protesting for democracy, not for sectarian reasons just like Libya, Egypt, Tunisia and Yemen.

Sounds like something the Saudis would say.

Anyways both turkey and Saudi Arabia support al Qaeda rebels in Syria, this is not a secret anymore.

I love the inferiority complex toward the Saudis in you :lol:

Back
Top Bottom