What's new

Environmental Attack on Abbottabad

Nowadays, few are concerned or bothered for the environment. Hill stations are being raped with malls and mega villas by cutting century old trees and flora resulting in land slides and environmental devastation. This all is happening here in my hill station too, which is a declared biosphere reserve by UNESCO, but is gradually being destroyed by concrete and stone jungles. John Sullivan, must be turning in his grave!

The bottom line is: It's all about the color of money! The environment be damned!

Nowadays, few are concerned or bothered for the environment. Hill stations are being raped with malls and mega villas by cutting century old trees and flora resulting in land slides and environmental devastation. This all is happening here in my hill station too, which is a declared biosphere reserve by UNESCO, but is gradually being destroyed by concrete and stone jungles. John Sullivan, must be turning in his grave!

The bottom line is: It's all about the color of money! The environment be damned!

Yeh same is going on everywhere and its a sorry state of affairs.

In the long run we are at loss

His property his call.

whats the big deal ?
Dear spring Onion,

Ministry of Defence has banned construction of commercial PlaZas in the residences of Abbottabad Cantonment, but Ali Asghar Khan is insisting that all cantonment bye Laws , Environmental Laws are not applicable on him and his property.

Dear spring Onion,

Ministry of Defence has banned construction of commercial PlaZas in the residences of Abbottabad Cantonment, but Ali Asghar Khan is insisting that all cantonment bye Laws , Environmental Laws are not applicable on him and his property.

Then Ministry of Defence should be taken to task for overlooking the violation.

are you from STD?

Then Ministry of Defence should be taken to task for overlooking the violation.

are you from STD?
No Sir, I am not from any department , nor representing any NGO, Media group or Political party .

I am a volunteer Environmentalist, who is worried about Choked streets with excessive number of CNG vehicles, Urban ConcretiZation and depleting trees of OUR country.

Last edited:
No Sir, I am not from any department , nor representing any NGO, Media group or Political party .

I am a volunteer Environmentalist, who is worried about Choked streets with excessive number of CNG vehicles, Urban ConcretiZation and depleting trees of his country.

ok i will try to send this concern to friends who are actively working for the same as you mentioned. Hopefully we will get some more support

Dear Talon, I believe money is giving all these ideas to the government and " MONEY" IS THE ONLY LAW WHICH IS EFFECTIVELY ENFORCED IN ALL GOVERNMENT OFFICES OF OUR COUNTRY

Thank you Leader for your sincere concerns. In HaZara we have strange kind of people , Most of them just talk and can't walk the walk. Junior courts usually don"t issue stay orders against government departments and even if they issue one then Higher Army authorities usually don"t honour it.

We have given written application to the Station headquarters and they are investigating the issue.

Go to high court for stay order. in Lahore we fought this shehbaz and before him pervaiz over the canal road green belt for 5 years...eventually they won a upper hand in settlement but still we took insurance of not expanding the road any further.

you must go to high court for stay order.

Dear Talon, I believe money is giving all these ideas to the government and " MONEY" IS THE ONLY LAW WHICH IS EFFECTIVELY ENFORCED IN ALL GOVERNMENT OFFICES OF OUR COUNTRY
Believe me it happens everywhere ...money makes the world go round

However, It does not happen to the extent that one robs the future generation "completely"

ok i will try to send this concern to friends who are actively working for the same as you mentioned. Hopefully we will get some more support
Thank you Sir, and I hope that our authorities realize about this alarming situation and we do some thing before it is too late.
Kind regards

Dear friends, I have to share some good news with you.

The pine view road of Abbottabad which is under attack by the senior politician Ali Asghar Khan leads to legendary Pine Trees covered Shimla hill of Abbottabad.

This hill is unique, extremely beautiful and we can call it the beautiful face of Abbottabad which becomes emerald green during months of " sawan ".

Although Britishers declared its approx 4000 kanals area as a protected forest , but corrupt officials of TMA kept on stealing that orphan public land.

Previous government of ANP gave 50 kanals to journalists and several other " dignitaries " got big chunks of cake by using the famous " Lease " technique.

Civil society , some professional Lawyers and media knocked at the doors of Abbottabad bench of Peshawar high court for justice and yesterday honorable court gave its famous verdict .

Court cancelled all allotments, leases and ordered Watershed department to demarcate the land and plant more pine trees on this public property .

HaZara gaZetteer of 1907 mentioned about the presence of Golden Eagle in the area of this Pine hill and one can still spot falcons among the highly threatened Pine trees of these rolling hills.
So, free spirited nature loving falcons of Pakistan are thankful to courts and governments of KPK and Pakistan for giving them this unique gift and rays of hope.
We dream that our rulers will protect the Environment of the this most beautiful, greenest and healthiest province of Pakistan.
Kind regards,
Mahmood Aslam

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom