What's new

Entrepreneurship Ideas Related to Great Food

AhsanAmin

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
If you read my blog Transforming Agriculture in Pakistan into a Dynamic Part of Our Economy | ahsanamin2999 ,you will get some good ideas about food related businesses.

If you have enough money to support a small/medium scale venture, this could be a good idea for culinary experts. For example we see so many wonderful chefs on cooking related shows, some of them might want to use their skills in running a very successful food related venture. Though you would want to read the whole article, here is the relevant excerpt.

Even more novel and innovative approach to value addition would be to prepare great classic Baluchi, Pashtun, Punjabi and Sindhi meals under supervision of some of the best chefs, and package them in aluminium lined tetra pack boxes and sell them in both local and export markets. These specially prepared meals would be liked by Pakistani, Indian, Afghan, Iranian and Turkish diaspora abroad in western countries. I am very confident that this new line of business would become very successful quite soon if we could execute it with tact and competence. In Europe, there are a large number of very small family held companies that prepare high quality exotic food and this category makes significant enough part of trade within European nations. Though this would be misleading to say that we could come at par with those companies in a few years, we can certainly establish food brands that start to get noticed everywhere in the world and start gaining some popularity.

If you know someone enterprising with the right skills, you must let them know of this idea.

I would like to take the opportunity to share another earlier idea from the same blog. We all know when the harvest of an agricultural commodity hits the market, its price goes to rock bottom while the same fruit/vegetable can be sold at ten times the lowest price when out of season. If only we can process and preserve the perishable food items, we can make large profits. Here is another excerpt from my blog

After working towards the optimal and successful harvest in a properly planned manner, the next step for the government is to work towards value addition by industrial processing and preservation of the agricultural produce. There are several traditional and some other novel ways to achieve this objective. The traditional approach would be to make jams, pickle and ketchups etc. A slightly better way that complements the first approach would be to preserve the fruit and vegetable in cans. Since canning is both expensive and environment unfriendly, we could use tetra pack like boxes and pouches with several aluminium linings to preserve the fruit and vegetable while pasteurizing them in the industrial process of packing in the boxes/pouches. I am very confident that such aluminium lined boxes and pouches can easily be made that would preserve the freshness of processed fruit and vegetables. This approach will be cheaper than traditional canning of fruit and vegetables.

I gave the ideas for an environment where poor farmers could do it together with government help in an organized way but of course, it would be equally good if intelligent entrepreneurs with financial backing take up the ideas, set up food preservation and processing units, make money and contribute towards the prosperity of the country.

Again if you know of someone enterprising in related industries, please share these ideas with them.

Here I share the web link of my agriculture/food related blog: Transforming Agriculture in Pakistan into a Dynamic Part of Our Economy | ahsanamin2999

Rest of the blogs can be found at http://ahsanamin2999.wordpress.com

Pretty interesting .I am into entrepreneurship but in the IT sector .I have little to zero knowledge about agricultural industry of pakistan but we need the spirit of entrepreneurship in pakistan because we lack it.

Back
Top Bottom