What's new

Enter the dragon: China offers help to end Pakistan’s energy woes

Right now Pakistan is desperate to generate electricity. NS has good terms with India. If indian companies show interest, provide NS with a game plan, I dont see why NS would reject them. NS wants to tackle energy crisis for two reasons.
1) General: Itll improve economy, less crimes, less terrorism, more trade, more money
2) Party success: He will have something to brag about. He will be remembered by pakistanis as a man who solved energy crisis in its worst form. If NS can overcome energy crisis, itll give him a ticket to win next elections without any resistance, hands down.
thats exactly his game plan. Buy electricity from India in short term, and build capacity for medium to long term. Will see whether he can do it or not.

Yes we have capacity of producing 40000MW of broilers and 40000MW of turbines every year and supply equipment to almost every country in the world. I agree that Chinese are a bit cheap but India must be given a fair chance. China is always given the red carpet in Pakistani contracts and projects which not good for business.

Tell me if you can fix your own electricity and other problems first

This happened in 2009 I dont know if the same is happening in india today

India looks to China to fill power deficit

and you are the biggest threat to Pakistan. Can you guarantee the supply of spare parts wont be
affected if there is a conflict between you two?

the talks about building new power plants are a far cry from solving the chronic shortages that Pakistan faces today . Pakistan will need a stop gap method to solve its immediate need , one option is buying power from India.

Yes we have capacity of producing 40000MW of broilers and 40000MW of turbines every year and supply equipment to almost every country in the world. I agree that Chinese are a bit cheap but India must be given a fair chance. China is always given the red carpet in Pakistani contracts and projects which not good for business.

you know very well why india doesnt get "fair" chances in pakistan. i mean india(and the US) basically bans chinese companies in certain (generally what they consider important)portions of indian/american infrastructure projects in the name of national security, pakistan does the same vis-a-vis india.

@karan21

Only fools allow enemy states to invest in infrastructure and so on. India has nothing to offer as they are still dependant on the US,Russia and France for nuclear power generation. China is not just a friend,they are always welcomed.

Last edited by a moderator:
As per Shaikh Rasheed statement in T.V interview China will give Pakistan around 5000 maga watts till our project will start running next two years with discount rate. This is called Friendship

@karan21

Only fools allow enemy states to invest in infrastructure and so on. India has nothing to offer as they are still dependant on the US,Russia and France for nuclear power generation. China is not just a friend,they are always welcomed.

wotsay????

Last edited by a moderator:
Giving special access to China is not a good thing. Pakistan should give every country access to its power infrastructure for investment. Why is India discriminated and red carpet rolled for China??

Time is to look forward and forget the past.
And why r u jealous??

yr pm himself promised to come in 2007 n hasnt came since then so its yr own fault.

+china is friend where as yr country is enemy.
U had just asked Asia development bank not to give us loan to construct dam in Azad Kashmir to resolve our energy crisis.

Where as china is herself offering help.

This clears black and white.

We should def take Chinas offer, rather then looking to india for anything. And Not only that the gov should heavily invest into alternative energy options, ir wind, and solar, plus if I am not wrong there is work being done to produce electricity using the Sea.

And why r u jealous??

yr pm himself promised to come in 2007 n hasnt came since then so its yr own fault.

+china is friend where as yr country is enemy.
U had just asked Asia development bank not to give us loan to construct dam in Azad Kashmir to resolve our energy crisis.

Where as china is herself offering help.

This clears black and white.

any links??

I want Thar power project, Kala bagh & Bhasha Dam built ASAP to solve Pakistan energy crises. We Pakistanis don't want a couple of years solution, we want a very long term solution.

Back
Top Bottom