What's new

Energy Projects...Updates

118 MW FFBL Coal Power Project Under Construction Karachi...

14938277_988921554568876_2843001899262190655_n.jpg

14915628_988921564568875_6839090051434785291_n.jpg

Mashallah Looking at all this infrastructure development, creation of hundreds of thousands of low level construction jobs, high level engineering jobs, generation of power to stimulate additional economic growth I am genuinely dumbfounded at the dumbness of people who criticize government and call them useless or complain about rising debts. I wish we had done so much investment in infrastructure development in 70's or 80's. If we can maintain the same pace and concentration for the next 10 more years, Pakistan's growth pace can double or triple in 10/15 years. I pray to ALLAH to give this nation some wisdom and patience. The benefits of todays pains and patience would be reaped by our next generations.

Mashallah Looking at all this infrastructure development, creation of hundreds of thousands of low level construction jobs, high level engineering jobs, generation of power to stimulate additional economic growth I am genuinely dumbfounded at the dumbness of people who criticize government and call them useless or complain about rising debts. I wish we had done so much investment in infrastructure development in 70's or 80's. If we can maintain the same pace and concentration for the next 10 more years, Pakistan's growth pace can double or triple in 10/15 years. I pray to ALLAH to give this nation some wisdom and patience. The benefits of todays pains and patience would be reaped by our next generations.

Sir, your post has been the most honest and true depiction of the work that I and a blind eye can see happening. The US went through similar infrastructure development around the 60's. The results in terms of the economic growth, have been in front of everyone. Similarly, as these projects come to fruit and provide support for future growth of Pakistan, with her stock market and business investments up, I've read that Pakistan will be one of the top 15h economy in the next 10-13 years. That's a landmark achievement. But its sad when I read silly comments from your own countrymen closing their eyes and turning their face from true results seen in the pictures.

What's truly amazing is that these plants and related infrastructure is brand new and has a shelf life of 30 years+ before requiring further maintenance. So 30 years of low cost energy, used life left for buildings, dry ports, ports, machinery and all without mjor maintenance is awesome. Thanks

Bhikki Power Plant To Add 750 MW To National Grid By March 2017

Bhikki Power Plant is imminent to undergo its first test and will start generating power from March 2017 adding that it will add 750 MW to the national grid from March 2017.

In a statement here Monday the Ministry of Water and Power said the plant would operate on its full capacity of 1200 MW in December 2017 on combined cycle. Bhikki is one of the three LNG based power projects initiated in 2015 and owing to a transparent procurement process, it has saved Rs 100 billion to the national exchequer, the statement said.

The ministry also dispelled the apprehensions that there were no concrete plans for transmission of the new generation; and apprised that the Government has formulated a well concerted strategy to overcome the energy crisis.

In this connection, Bhikki Power Plant has already been connected to the national grid, along with other upcoming plants such as Chashma 3, Chashma 4, Sahiwal, Tarbela IV and other Wind and Solar plants while Work is also in progress on Port Qasim, Balloki and Haveli Bahadur Shah Plants and transmission lines.

What is the update of the nuclear power plant at Karachi?

Construction of 40.8 MW Koto Hydro Power Project taking place in Timergara, Dir, Pakistan's KPK province.
Completion date: Dec 2018

15203114_1006194816174883_5723678243038901959_n.jpg

15181134_1006194822841549_4736529059501919861_n.jpg

NTDC Completes Two Transmission Lines To Add 2520 MW Into System Under CPEC Projects

National Transmission and Despatch Company Ltd (NTDC) has completed the construction work of two 500 kV transmission lines under its China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC)
projects, it was officially declared.

The transmission lines are ready to evacuate power from 1200 MW RLNG Bhikki Power Plant and 1320 MW Sahiwal Coal Fired Power Plant.

Thus cumulative 2520 MW power will be inducted in national grid once the aforesaid power plants start their generation, an official statement issued by the media wing of NTDC on Friday said.

A 500 kV transmission line with 2.64 km length has been linked with Lahore-Gatti circuit from switchyard of 1200 MW Bhikki Power Plant. Whereas another 5 km long 500 kV transmission has been connected with Sahiwal-Lahore transmissions line and both the projects have been completed before time.

Managing Director Dr Fiaz A. Chaudhry has said that NTDC is expeditiously pursuing its transmission line and grid stations projects.

Interconnections for 1200 MW RLNG Balloki, 1200 MW Haveli Bahadur Shah, 660 MW Engro-Thar Coal Fired Power Plant will be completed before the commissioning of these power plants.

He said that in the light of directions of government, the Port Qasim Power Plant would be operational 3 months prior to its deadline and evacuation of power is required for the same.

Hence, temporarily 132 kV grid station and transmission line will be constructed and connected with K-Electric network as an interim arrangement to fulfill the requirement.

Dr Fiaz A. Chaudhry appreciated the NTDC engineers and contractor for early completion of both projects and directed to boost up the work on other ongoing projects, the statement added.

The National Transmission and Despatch Company (NTDC) has announced that it has completed work ahead of schedule on two 500-kilovolt transmission lines under its China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) projects.

78cc5831cfadc1bb1363dd878b43400f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom