What's new

Energy Projects...Updates

Damsite of Suki Kinari Hydropower Project -884MW
Preparations are going on for final diversion of River Kunhar through Lower Spillway Bays.

1619464413851.png

1619464473512.png

CPEC projects will add 17,000 MW making Pakistan self-sufficient in energy.

CPEC Authority Chairman Lt General (retd) Asim Saleem Bajwa on Saturday said clusters of tech institutes would be established around the Special Economic Zones (SEZs) being constructed under the China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).

The institutes would impart skill training to the youth as “preparing youth for jobs in CPEC projects is our top priority under (the) comprehensive plan,” Bajwa said in a tweet. “Gwadar Technical Institute to cater for new industry in free zone is coming up fast,” he added.

After completion of all the projects, Pakistan would not only become self-sufficient in the energy with addition of 17,000 MW electricity to the national grid, but would also be able to export it.

According to a CPEC Authority official, the mega project would move forward with more strength during the current year and the years ahead, which would further strengthen the bilateral relations between Pakistan and China .

1619551366409.png

Lawi Hydropower Project - 69 MW

-Under construction on Shishi River, a left bank tributary of Chitral River by utilizing a gross head of 413 m and designed discharge of 20 m³/s to generate approx. 308 GWh annual energy.

- Expected completion date: 1st September, 2023 (Tentative)
- Management Consultant:........................... ACE - EGC – TEAM JV
- EPC Contractor: ...........................................SICHUAN – SARWAR - SILIAN - CHONGQING LUYANG JV

1619638756403.png

1619638795037.png

Another important Landmark has been achieved at Suki Kinari Hdyropower Project (884MW)
Today 30th April, 2021 at about 110hrs, River Kunhar has been diverted through Spillway bays to start the filling of Asphalt core, Rockfill dam. To Celebrate this, a ceremony has been held at construction site and the representative of all stakeholders participated.

1619803435477.png

Suki Kinari Hdyropower Project (884MW) ..
River Kunhar has been diverted through Spillway bays to start the filling of Asphalt core, Rockfill dam. To Celebrate this, a ceremony has been held at construction site and the representative of all stakeholders participated.

1619808796946.png

1619808891247.png

Mangla Refurbishment Project is designed to improve the operational efficiency of the power plant and assist the capacity expansion of the main generator.

The project financed by United States Agency for International Development(USAID).

Under the strategy, WAPDA has not only initiated new hydropower projects but has also been rehabilitating and upgrading its existing hydel power stations to maximize the ratio of environment-friendly and low-cost hydel electricity in the National Grid.

1619880296470.png

1619880357287.png

Punjab has accelerated efforts to establish a provincial power transmission and despatch (T&D) firm on the lines of the National Transmission and Despatch Company (NTDC).

In this regard, a summary has been initiated by the provincial energy department which seeks approval to establish Punjab Provincial Grid Company and is currently being reviewed by the provincial cabinet

“Sindh has established its own transmission company already. We must have the same arrangement under the 18th Amendment. We are following up on the summary which has been sent to Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar for grant of approval,” Punjab Energy Minister said.

According to the summary, Pakistan’s total energy demand recorded in 2018-19 was 25,627MW which included 14,472MW consumed by Punjab alone. The province’s energy demand is projected to cross 24,000MW by 2027-28.

Likewise, 68 per cent revenue generation comes through a huge number of consumers based in Punjab. The province accounts for 66pc of the total electricity consumers in the country.

84 MW Gorkin Matiltan HPP is a run-off the river project located on Ushu river for production of cheaper and renewable annual energy generation of about 346 GWh and will earn revenue of Rs. 3237.6 Million per annum.
The tentative date of project completion is 31st July 2023.

1620132259345.png

1620132293320.png

The rotor of the first unit at Karot Hydropower Project was successfully hoisted.

On the morning of 2nd May 2021, the rotor of Unit#1 was successfully hoisted, achieving another major milestone at the Project

. Total weight of rotor is about 700 tons, which is the heaviest hoisting component in the electromechanical equipment of the entire unit.

1620132408018.png

1620132433765.png

1620132458804.png

BQPS-III $ 650mn project to add 900MW of generation capacity to KE's system

• The underlying Gas Supply Agreement between SSGC and PLL is also in advanced stages and is expected to be finalized as soon as necessary approvals are received from the Government, ensuring an adequate supply of fuel to energize the plant.

APP
04 May 2021

KARACHI: Governor Sindh Imran Ismail on Tuesday visited K-Electric's Bin Qasim Power Station-III (BQPS-III) project to review the progress on the latest addition to Karachi's power network.

The visit followed a meeting between KE's Senior Leadership and the Governor Sindh where KE presented an update on the company's preparedness for Ramadan and the 2021 summer season, said a spokesperson of Governor.

According to the presentation, BQPS-III is a USD 650 million project which will be adding 900 MW of generation capacity to KE's existing network. This mega-project is progressing on the back of close collaboration between leading engineering firms who are partnering with KE to achieve a shared vision of empowering Karachi. Work is progressing swiftly, and the first unit of 450 MW is over 70% complete and is expected to come online in the next 5 to 6 weeks.

The high-efficiency plant will be utilizing RLNG as its primary fuel source. Not only is this expected to reduce the carbon footprint, the inclusion of RLNG will further diversify the company's fuel mix and bring savings by lowering import costs for the government by eliminating the need for furnace oil.

KE officials were joined by senior representatives from Siemens, SSGC, and PLL, who apprised the Governor Sindh of the progress on the construction of a spur pipeline which will be supplying 150mmcfd of gas to BQPS-III, which is keeping pace with the plant's progress and is also over 90% complete.

The underlying Gas Supply Agreement between SSGC and PLL is also in advanced stages and is expected to be finalized as soon as necessary approvals are received from the Government, ensuring an adequate supply of fuel to energize the plant.

Governor Imran Ismail said, “The sincerity of the Government of Pakistan is evident in the support they have extended to KE, and I am pleased to see that Sehr and Iftar times during this Ramazan are exempted from load-shed as a result.

I’m monitoring the situation regularly to ensure that the best possible facilitation is given to the citizens of Karachi.

Seeing the scale and progress of work and the commitment with which KE is working, I feel positive for the future of the city.

KE’s management and representatives from Siemens, SSGC, and PLL have assured that they are working to complete the project on time, and I have instructed them to remove any bottlenecks that may affect the performance of the plant. In this process, I have also assured them of fullest support from my office and from the Government of Pakistan.

While there is progress being made on this front, I also understand that there are some pending issues of payables and receivables which can jeopardize KE’s long-term operational ability. KE’s financial sustainability is linked directly to Karachi’s economic development, and I have already requested the Prime Minister to take notice of the matter and facilitate an amicable resolution.”

CEO K-Electric, Moonis Alvi said, “We’re grateful to the Governor Sindh Imran Ismail and our partners at Siemens, SSGC, and PLL for visiting BQPS-III.

The timely execution of this project is critical to meet Karachi’s future demand, and we are all working around the clock to ensure the same. I also want to commend the Government of Pakistan for their support to KE and Karachi, especially during Ramadan which has enabled us to fully support Karachi’s power requirements. We look forward to this support in the upcoming summer months as well.”

Minister for Energy, Mr. Hammad Azhar and Punjab Energy Minister Dr. Akhtar Malik attends MoU ceremony of USD 708 million, 1263 MW PTPL, RLNG based Power Project, located near Trimu Barrage, District Jhang, at Islamabad.

View attachment 736980
Do we need this power?
Why is govt still plannig to build LNG based plants on its own money(punjab power)
Several IPPs are already coming up

Better invest in rehab of GENCOs to make them effiecent & switch them to coal
BQPS-III $ 650mn project to add 900MW of generation capacity to KE's system

• The underlying Gas Supply Agreement between SSGC and PLL is also in advanced stages and is expected to be finalized as soon as necessary approvals are received from the Government, ensuring an adequate supply of fuel to energize the plant.

APP
04 May 2021

KARACHI: Governor Sindh Imran Ismail on Tuesday visited K-Electric's Bin Qasim Power Station-III (BQPS-III) project to review the progress on the latest addition to Karachi's power network.

The visit followed a meeting between KE's Senior Leadership and the Governor Sindh where KE presented an update on the company's preparedness for Ramadan and the 2021 summer season, said a spokesperson of Governor.

According to the presentation, BQPS-III is a USD 650 million project which will be adding 900 MW of generation capacity to KE's existing network. This mega-project is progressing on the back of close collaboration between leading engineering firms who are partnering with KE to achieve a shared vision of empowering Karachi. Work is progressing swiftly, and the first unit of 450 MW is over 70% complete and is expected to come online in the next 5 to 6 weeks.

The high-efficiency plant will be utilizing RLNG as its primary fuel source. Not only is this expected to reduce the carbon footprint, the inclusion of RLNG will further diversify the company's fuel mix and bring savings by lowering import costs for the government by eliminating the need for furnace oil.

KE officials were joined by senior representatives from Siemens, SSGC, and PLL, who apprised the Governor Sindh of the progress on the construction of a spur pipeline which will be supplying 150mmcfd of gas to BQPS-III, which is keeping pace with the plant's progress and is also over 90% complete.

The underlying Gas Supply Agreement between SSGC and PLL is also in advanced stages and is expected to be finalized as soon as necessary approvals are received from the Government, ensuring an adequate supply of fuel to energize the plant.

Governor Imran Ismail said, “The sincerity of the Government of Pakistan is evident in the support they have extended to KE, and I am pleased to see that Sehr and Iftar times during this Ramazan are exempted from load-shed as a result.

I’m monitoring the situation regularly to ensure that the best possible facilitation is given to the citizens of Karachi.

Seeing the scale and progress of work and the commitment with which KE is working, I feel positive for the future of the city.

KE’s management and representatives from Siemens, SSGC, and PLL have assured that they are working to complete the project on time, and I have instructed them to remove any bottlenecks that may affect the performance of the plant. In this process, I have also assured them of fullest support from my office and from the Government of Pakistan.

While there is progress being made on this front, I also understand that there are some pending issues of payables and receivables which can jeopardize KE’s long-term operational ability. KE’s financial sustainability is linked directly to Karachi’s economic development, and I have already requested the Prime Minister to take notice of the matter and facilitate an amicable resolution.”

CEO K-Electric, Moonis Alvi said, “We’re grateful to the Governor Sindh Imran Ismail and our partners at Siemens, SSGC, and PLL for visiting BQPS-III.

The timely execution of this project is critical to meet Karachi’s future demand, and we are all working around the clock to ensure the same. I also want to commend the Government of Pakistan for their support to KE and Karachi, especially during Ramadan which has enabled us to fully support Karachi’s power requirements. We look forward to this support in the upcoming summer months as well.”
I wonder where will the 2gw power from nuclear plants go
I guess karachi needs will go up but seems lack of cordination

I wonder where will the 2gw power from nuclear plants go
I guess karachi needs will go up but seems lack of cordination
This is K-Electric project, only for Karachi. Pakistan Government not involved. Private owned.
Nuclear power plants for National Grid, Funded by Pakistan.

This is K-Electric project, only for Karachi. Pakistan Government not involved. Private owned.
Nuclear power plants for National Grid, Funded by Pakistan.
Just saying no cor dination
Karachi nuclear plant should be for karachi
Doesnt make sense to send it elsewhere

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom