What's new

'Enemy' ballistic missile to be downed in space next month

This is the best new year gift for me. :yahoo: PDV system destroying a ballistic missile in space is far more advanced technology than Agni-5. Many new technologies are on the offings....

1) New two stage Dhanush missile ;) A new missile!!!
2) Dual seeker on PDV.
3) New missile PDV with kill vehicle to destroy targets in space.
The best part is Indian Imaging Seeker and Solid Fuel Dual Pulse Motor and think what, LRTR-2 may also be ready :devil:

This is the best new year gift for me. :yahoo: PDV system destroying a ballistic missile in space is far more advanced technology than Agni-5. Many new technologies are on the offings....

1) New two stage Dhanush missile ;) A new missile!!!
2) Dual seeker on PDV.
3) New missile PDV with kill vehicle to destroy targets in space.

As far as I understand, Dhanush (Prithvi-III) is already a two-stage missile, with a small solid-fueled stage over the traditional liquid-fueled stage. Thats what enabled it to strike at 350 km (compared to 250 km in Prithvi-II). The article says about a "brand-new target missile" as in brand-new for the ABM, not a new missile system in terms of offensive strike capability.

Give them budget. The annual budget of DRDO is only 10000 crore. In that they have to develop everything, from pin to plane. Maintain a staff of 30000 and numerous labs.
Akash was developed in 200 million $, LCA in 1.2 billion when we were starting from scratch. Compare that to Gripen, almost 5 billion when company was already experienced. The budget for PAD is equally small. How would you expect them to develop anything good, and in time?!

How true. They are doing good with what they got.

The only news i was looking for , finally :) Nice happy to see this development.

And let haters hate , no one gives jack's sh*t .

I am keeping my fingers crossed for this test.

I have read somewhere that the target 1500Kms. range ballistic missile (A modified Prithvi missile) will mimic the re-entry trajectory of the Chinese M-series (DongFeng) missiles. The Pakistani Shaheen-I/II is basically a modified M-11/M-18 missile. Hence basically this test is to prove the effectiveness of the interceptor against Pakistani Shaheen missiles

Back
Top Bottom