What's new

End Game Kashmir?

Our "problem" lies in the fact that the local Sunni Kashmiris have not pissed us off enough.

More importantly, they have been extremely careful not to attack the "mainland" .....

It is not the matter of what they have done or not done. Kashmiris to a large extent have been irrelevant for quite some time. The silent majority is with India. The issue and always have been other parties both internal and external who capitalize on the Musim majority of Kashmir. Bring the yawning gap to a more manageable number - doesn't have to be a Hindu majority just make Hindus matter in the valley and you would see a lot of troubles disappearing both politically and militarily.

Just think of them as our vanguard.

It is not the matter of what they have done or not done. Kashmiris to a large extent have been irrelevant for quite some time. The silent majority is with India. The issue and always have been other parties both internal and external who capitalize on the Musim majority of Kashmir. Bring the yawning gap to a more manageable number - doesn't have to be a Hindu majority just make Hindus matter in the valley and you would see a lot of troubles disappearing both politically and militarily.

Just think of them as our vanguard.

There must be a reason why we have not done it or allowed it to happen till now.

I feel we have been playing to the global gallery.

And to be honest, its not hurting us.

Its hurting only the Kashmiris.

And the Pakistanis.

Cheers, Doc

Some Kashmiris are us.

Some others will have to learn.

Or die not ever learning.

Or will have to move.

Absolutely true that is why the Han solution is the best irrespective of what global audience or human rights activist may think. As I said distinct identities in India need to be erased. They have to be homogenized to an extent that they think in terms of India and not Kashmir.

We did it with Sikhs didn't we. Religion is hardly the factor - Parsis, Jains, Sikhs, Christians all think in terms of India.

Absolutely true that is why the Han solution is the best irrespective of what global audience or human rights activist may think. As I said distinct identities in India need to be erased. They have to be homogenized to an extent that they think in terms of India and not Kashmir.

We did it with Sikhs didn't we. Religion is hardly the factor - Parsis, Jains, Sikhs, Christians all think in terms of India.

I also think its a bit of a quarantine.

Once you dilute them and open the floodgates, the flow will be both ways.

Lone wolf attacks on the mainland.

Lone wolf attacks on the mainland.

Nothing new, there are plenty of actors in mainland who have been involved in lone wolf attacks from SIMI to IM to ISI sponsored dogs. Few off Kashmiris are not going to make a material difference in threat matrix. As it is AFAIK there is no restriction on travel outside Kashmir for the Kashmiris, Correct me if I am wrong on that.

Your quarantine point is well taken though.

Last edited:
There must be a reason why we have not done it or allowed it to happen till now.

I feel we have been playing to the global gallery.

And to be honest, its not hurting us.

Its hurting only the Kashmiris.

And the Pakistanis.

Cheers, Doc
Maybe because of our traditional attitude of punching below our weight. It's embedded in our culture. The understanding of power and it's application is diluted from the get go in the schools in the name of civility...
Generations have been transformed into this notion of chalta hai attitude making 1/6th of the worlds population into subservient to the boss, which in the top of the pyramid are ?

I stopped reading after this and knew it was just a comic piece and nothing serious, :omghaha:

the clear implications of the massive voter turnout that we witnessed in the elections ...

As it is AFAIK there is no restriction on travel outside Kashmir for the, Correct me if I am wrong on that.

Correct. But I'm pretty certain that right now every guy is being watched.

When the floodgates open, that might not be the case. Cannot be the case.

Because lets face it, when the floodgates open, the Sunni Kashmiris will face the heat. And they will be displaced.

Right now they are staying put, waiting for, hoping for, something that is never going to come.

Once the floodgates open, that hope is history .....

Maybe because of our traditional attitude of punching below our weight. It's embedded in our culture. The understanding of power and it's application is diluted from the get go in the schools in the name of civility...
Generations have been transformed into this notion of chalta hai attitude making 1/6th of the worlds population into subservient to the boss, which in the top of the pyramid are ?

I would agree to this to an extent.

Maybe till the early 90s that would have been our policy.

Not to ruffle international feathers.

I think the time for that now is well past. No one is going to even whimper ....

I would agree to this to an extent.

Maybe till the early 90s that would have been our policy.

Not to ruffle international feathers.

I think the time for that now is well past. No one is going to even whimper ....
With the deepest respect, I would disagree to your last line sir.
I m not specifically referring to the leaders but to the people of the country. Every time we say to our kid's do not get involved in problems that don't concern you, we are inculcating the culture of punching below your weight,,, this keeps stagnating, in the end we are ok with sending dossiers as a response to Mumbai, we are ok with scumbags taunting death of innocent people in our country, we are ok with politicians looting money where denominations have now become irrelevant to even mention.
Lot of our problems are self made... foundation mein gadbad hai sir.

Back
Top Bottom