What's new

Emraan Hashmi alleges religious bias in flat ownership

Hey guys , there are all kinds of people in every country , i don't know why he was denied a flat ... i mean it could be religious profiling but it doesn't mean that 'THIS IS THE TRUE FACE OF INDIAN SOCIETY'. This guy Emraan has millions of fans in india mostly hindus. He wouldn't have been who he is today, had it not been for all his fans most of whom are hindus. Same goes for people like shahrukh, salman , aamir and thousands of other people in india.There are narrow minded people in every country ,in every society and in every community but they are in minority in India. But some guys in pakistan just don't want to believe the obvious coz it makes them feel good.Its not like these guys are not intelligent enough to understand something so basic , they will only talk about this one individual who MAY harbour anti muslim feelings but not about those millions of hindus(along with others) who made emraan hashmi what he is today. Anyways if it makes you feel good about yourself and your country then ... so be it.:tup:I don't think anybody can do anything to help that. And yeah salman khan has made some comments about the entire issue , u guys can google it up and see what he has said(won't be pleasant for some);).

Lot of new Indian folks are joining this forum, perhaps not as if they are overall interested in this forum, IMO, but to pass their judgements and quickly derail the threads, rather than staying on topic while either defending topics with constructive arguements or admiting that there is a problem. In this case a simple admssion by Indian folks would simply be: YEA THERE IS A PROBLEM IN HINDUSTAN AS FAR AS DISCRIMINATION AGAINST MUSLIMS/LOW CAST HINDUS/OTHER MINORITIES IS CONCERNED AND YEA INDIA IS NOT A FULL WORKING SECULAR SOCIETY SO FAR

And Just FYI, what happened to this Emran Hasmi guy is nothing new. We all have heard this happening before to other muslim celebreties........so please dont blame it inindividuals

Guys,amir khan and his nephew imran khan own apartments in palli hill....,..i think this has more to do with his popularity as a serial kisser

Lot of new Indian folks are joining this forum, perhaps not as if they are overall interested in this forum, IMO, but to pass their judgements and quickly derail the threads, rather than staying on topic while either defending topics with constructive arguements or admiting that there is a problem. In this case a simple admssion by Indian folks would simply be: YEA THERE IS A PROBLEM IN HINDUSTAN AS FAR AS DISCRIMINATION AGAINST MUSLIMS/LOW CAST HINDUS/OTHER MINORITIES IS CONCERNED AND YEA INDIA IS NOT A FULL WORKING SECULAR SOCIETY SO FAR

And Just FYI, what happened to this Emran Hasmi guy is nothing new. We all have heard this happening before to other muslim celebreties........so please dont blame it inindividuals

HMM... exactly what i said India is not a completely secular society but these people are in minority. which part of this did you not understand my friend?? and yeah as far a full working secular society goes , well i dnt think that any contry can ever be , i mean USA inspite of all the development and first world status has not been able to rid itself completely of communalism and racism so how do you expect that from india which is still poor as compared to the first world and has over a billion ppl. no country is perfect and neither can it be. Same goes for pakistan.And yeah i came across this forum and instantly decided to join it as and when i realised how popular my country is here.:yahoo:and yeah for some time pass too :) Thanx anyways for the warm welcome:cheers:. Did you bother to read what salman khan has said by the way??? or have you read it and decided to ignore it?.awww! grow up dude!

India no matter how secular they pose they are their society has a deep hatred towards muslims , the sh*ty cast system still exists , lower cast hindus are treated like dogs. Pak is in news now so even small things are shown by the media like what a nightmare is it !!! wait till its Indias turn the same BBc and Cnn who just cant have enough of singing "yeh mera India" will sham India all over the world .... therfore India dont get carried away

This is the single dream that keeps you alive and breathing... isnt' it?
'SAD' is all i can say. :rofl:

And yeah nice website by the way... nice to see so many people spend so much time thinking about my country. Makes me feel proud.:yahoo:

Guys,amir khan and his nephew imran khan own apartments in palli hill....,..i think this has more to do with his popularity as a serial kisser

I think the right word would be notoriety!
I think he did a blunder by giving the whole episode a religious undertone. Cheap publicity. He aint gonna last long in the film industry.
The industry is dominated by the Khans and many of the stalwarts were/are Muslims.
I LOL'ed when some ignorant riffraff started their routine India bashing!

We don't want this to be a Pakistani Bharat-Rakshak forum now, do we?

It was never been nor it can be compared to that pile of garbage. If you have visited that forum of yours and if you are honest you should accept it openly that here Indians have been treated more fairly even than us. This is the beauty of this place.

Now if someone from bharat says that we here are obssesed with discussing India than its untrue because here Indians have outnumberd the Pakistanis and its just that Indians start anti-Pakistan threads so we have to counter them now if someone from other side of the border cant tolerate criticism we cant help it.

One more thing your br will never even in its dreams even tolerate a logical criticism by any Pakistani.

The level of abuses there proves that they have different mentality than defence.pk.

Now cheers and back to the topic

It was never been nor it can be compared to that pile of garbage. If you have visited that forum of yours and if you are honest you should accept it openly that here Indians have been treated more fairly even than us. This is the beauty of this place.

Now if someone from bharat says that we here are obssesed with discussing India than its untrue because here Indians have outnumberd the Pakistanis and its just that Indians start anti-Pakistan threads so we have to counter them now if someone from other side of the border cant tolerate criticism we cant help it.

One more thing your br will never even in its dreams even tolerate a logical criticism by any Pakistani.

The level of abuses there proves that they have different mentality than defence.pk.

Now cheers and back to the topic

Do not worry, for I not a fan of those stupid forums! I hardly ever visit that site, except to ogle and drop saliva all over my keyboard when looking at the pics of some Indian military hardware!
And oh btw, before you get any ideas, I do have a robust 'dirty' life outside the internet too!

What a wastage of Bandwidh of forum for a Idiot and a Hypocite.

Housing society hits out at Emraan Hashmi

MUMBAI: Nibbana, the Housing Society in the posh Pali Hill area of suburban Bandra in Mumbai has rubbished actor Emraan Hashmi's allegation that
he was denied NOC for flat ownership because he is a Muslim and said that proper procedures for acquiring the NOC had not been followed

Society Secretary Capt J P Chhetry said that the actor with his baseless allegations and raking up the minority card had inflicted lot of damage on the society.

A meeting of the society residents held on Saturday has demanded an apology from the actor for making allegations of religious profiling.

"The owner had leased his flat to a German national. He had casually told us that after the lease term ends, he plans to sell his flat. He had not made a formal application that he wishes to sell the flat to the actor. The mandatory police clearance along with necessary documents had not been submitted to the society," said Chhetry.

He said that a meeting of the society residents was held on Saturday and it was decided that an apology will be demanded from the actor for making allegations of religious profiling.

"We will not take this lying down and we are also taking legal opinion" he said adding that the society was yet to receive the summons sent by the State Minorities Commission.

:D. hey gubbi why you selected gubbi for your ID. yak i dont like gubbi

Lol.
Know what Gubbi means?
In Kannada language (one of my mother tongues), from the area I come from, it means 'little sparrow'.

I think nobody want him for movies so these way come to news. Even mahesh bhatt is not intrested for him poor Emraan. May be next is i am not getting film because i am ........hahaha. I think minorty have more rights then majority in india.

Dude please do not try to defend this! This is bad ****!

After Salman, Shah Rukh slams Emraan for ‘flat’ fiasco

Mumbai: Emraan Hashmi’s publicity stunt has fallen flat. Against his hope that the Khans will come out in his support when he raised his voice over communalism issue in Mumbai on being denied the NOC to purchase a flat in the posh Pali Hill area, he is being slammed instead of being celebrated by Muslim actors in Bollywood. After Salman rebuffed Hashmi’s claim, Shah Rukh brushed aside the issue stating that such incidents should not be given importance.
Shah Rukh, who is a Muslim but prefers to call himself a ‘secular Indian’, said, “I have never been treated differently because of my religion. I am 44 years old now and never in my life have I felt discriminated.”

Shah Rukh further stated that he cannot deny the existence of such incidents but added, “It is a one-off incident and should not be given too much importance. We are a fast growing nation and the reason for our development is the fact that we have overcome the barriers of religion, castes, class in our hearts and minds. We should not let these small incidents affect us.”

The actor was in New Delhi to conduct a quiz show organised by Indian Institute of Planning and Management (IIPM).

Earlier, superstar Salman Khan laughed off Hashmi’s claim in his characteristic drawl, saying, "Emraan Hashmi would not have been Emraan Hashmi if Mumbai was not secular." Salman Khan further said, "If communalism existed then Salman Khan would not have been Salman Khan, Aamir not Aamir Khan and Shah Rukh not Shah Rukh Khan. Injustice may have happened to others, but it has not happened to us. I have always got love and support from all quarters."

Moreover, Nibbana, the Housing Society in the posh Pali Hill area of suburban Bandra in Mumbai, has also rubbished actor Emraan Hashmi`s allegation that he was denied NOC for flat ownership because he is a Muslim and said that proper procedures for acquiring the NOC had not been followed.

Society Secretary Capt J P Chhetry said that the actor with his baseless allegations and minority card rake-up had inflicted lot of damage on the society. "We will not take this lying down," he said adding that the society is taking legal opinion.

He added that the incident was blown out of proportion as the flat has not yet been sold to the actor. "Last week, when the actor`s parents entered the society office when we were discussing this important matter demanding to know about the NOC status, I politely told them that the matter has been deferred and they had not made a formal application," said Chhetry.
After Salman, Shah Rukh slams Emraan for ?flat? fiasco

Its look like muslims use religion every time, and our friend on other side start ranting.......

sharukh , and salman is also muslim , now what will you say??

In a U-turn, actor Emraan Hashmi, who had alleged that he was denied a flat by a housing society because he was Muslim, today claimed

there was no discrimination against him and the controversy arose because of a "miscommunication".

Blog: Punish Emraan

"The dispute between me and the members of Nibbana housing society has been resolved. The society had not discriminated against me. There had been a miscommunication," Hashmi, who had sparked a furore with his allegation of religious profiling, told reporters after a hearing on his complaint at the State Minorities Commission.

Hashmi's lawyer Majeed Memon said that a broker Jagjit Arora had told the actor that the society had refused to sell the flat as Hashmi was a Muslim.

"The secretary of the society today told Emraan that they had not discriminated against the actor and that if anyone in the building wants to sell their flat then Emraan can buy it," Memon said.

Secretary J P Chatri told the Commission that "they would not refuse the actor on religious grounds as there are several other Muslims residing in the building," the lawyer said.

The owner of the flat D U Suvarna, who was also present during the hearing, said he would be more than happy to sell the flat to the actor who is like a "son" to him.

"I have not decided on what I will do with my flat. But if I decide to sell the flat then my first choice would be Hashmi," Suvarna said.

On July 31, the actor approached the Minorities Commission accusing the housing society in posh Pali Hill of religious profiling by refusing a No Objection Certificate (NOC) to him to purchase a flat in the society.

The society houses film and television actors including well known villain Prem Chopra.

"The issue has been blown out of proportion by the media. It was a miscommunication and has been resolved after all the parties sat across the table today," Naseem Siddiqui, Chairman of the Minorities Commission said.
Hashmi's U-turn: No discrimination for being Muslim - India - NEWS - The Times of India

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom