Not open for further replies.

Pakistani E

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Ahmadiyya Times | News Watch | Int'l Desk
Source/Credit: Ahmadiyya Times sources
By Staff report | November 26, 2013

An Ahmadi doctor is arrested and held on blasphemy charges in Old Anarkali area of Lahore, it has been reported.

Dr. Masood, a British national, was attending clients at his clinic on Monday, November 25th, when two men posing as patients arrived at the clinic seeking treatment, local sources have informed Ahmadiyya Times.

According to the details, after medications were dispensed to the two men, they stayed to ask certain religious question which Dr Masood supposedly answered.

On a hidden camera footage made available to Ahmadiyya Times, Dr Masood is seen reading aloud the translation of a verse from the Holy Qur'ān.
After the two men left, several area clerics arrived at the clinic and started abusing Dr Masood, accusing him of blasphemous acts.

Old Anarkali police also arrived at the scene and arrested Dr Masood.

Police took the Ahmadi doctor to a closely located police station where a mob of local area clerics and religious thugs started to gather outside the police station demanding filing of blasphemy charges against the doctor.

Giving into mob’s demands police launched FIR 675/13, charging Dr Masood with Blasphemy under section 298-C of the Pakistan Criminal Code, the Ahmadiyya-specific part of the blasphemy laws.

During the late night hours police cut locks at Dr Masood’s clinic and hauled away materials, it was further learned.

Reportedly clerics and police relied on the hidden camera footage to level blasphemy accusation against the Ahmadī doctor.

According to the laws of Pakistan it is a criminal act for an Ahmadī to read the Holy Qur'ān or act in a manner that may be perceived as the Ahmadī is 'posing as a Muslim.'

In several past incidents of instigating people against Ahmadis and framing or filing of blasphemy charges, one Hasan Muavia, a Khatm-e Nubuwwat activist and a close relative of Mullah Tahir Ashrafi, chairman of Pakistan's clerics council, has been at the forefront.

Thus far, however, there is no confirmation if Hasan Muavia or Tahir Ashrafi are involved in instigating this incident against Dr Masood.

Ahmadiyya Times: Pakistan: A British national Ahmadī doctor arrested, booked on blasphemy by Lahore police

So Pakistani muslims get happy when Amitabh bachan read the Holy Qur'an but angry when an Ahmadi reads it. Zaid Hamid type logic...

Let's not forget this Ahmadi was serving the nation by returning to Pakistan, he could have easily lived in UK in comfort. Proves Ahmadis still love Pakistan.

Nothing wrong with reading any Holy Book.

This is stupid. If the incident is true then the man should be freed immediately.

BTW any other source ? other than the qadyani blog?

Also what was that BRITISH national doing here? i mean was he permanently here or for any short term purpose?

Also what was he doing by keeping religious material of any kind at his clinic ?

strange laws indeed.

its very complex state of mind ,difficult to understand,

Nothing wrong with reading any Holy Book.

This is stupid. If the incident is true then the man should be freed immediately.

BTW any other source ? other than the qadyani blog?

Also what was that BRITISH national doing here? i mean was he permanently here or for any short term purpose?

Also what was he doing by keeping religious material of any kind at his clinic ?

It's on express tribune as well, although I suspect some in Pakistan label them as "qadianis" as well.

I explained in my second comment what he was doing here, he's a doctor and he came back to serve his nation.

If Laal masjid can keep AK-47s and hand grenades then I don't think keeping the Holy Qur'an counts as something off the limits.

I want to mention so many people.

Ahmedis should be declared Muslims.

In India, Imam Bukhari forcefully stopped Ahemadia convention.

It's on express tribune as well, although I suspect some in Pakistan label them as "qadianis" as well.

I explained in my second comment what he was doing here, he's a doctor and he came back to serve his nation.

If Laal masjid can keep AK-47s and hand grenades then I don't think keeping the Holy Qur'an counts as something off the limits.

A valuable lesson here. If you are an Ahmadi and want to serve the nation. Don't. They hate your guts either way.

Thank you. will check. even if ET is qadyani or whatever that is not an issue for me. The issue is the bias which it carries most of the time. ET and Ummat newspaper are reflection of each other.

i asked that because i smell something wrong with the intentions of the accusers. They may have professional jealousy.

i asked that because i havent seen doctors in my city keeping any religious material at clinics.

as far as lal masjid is concerned they kept the weapons illegally and they cant be compared with normal people.

I want to mention so many people.

Ahmedis should be declared Muslims.

Hindus can declare them shivas we have no issue.

You cant speak on behalf of Islam.

period.

this incident is condemnable and a crime and the accusers must be arrested and the doctor must be freed.

Thank you. will check. even if ET is qadyani or whatever that is not an issue for me. The issue is the bias which it carries most of the time. ET and Ummat newspaper are reflection of each other.

i asked that because i smell something wrong with the intentions of the accusers. They may have professional jealousy.

i asked that because i havent seen doctors in my city keeping any religious material at clinics.

as far as lal masjid is concerned they kept the weapons illegally and they cant be compared with normal people.

Is it not normal for a religious muslim to keep the Holy Qur'an with him all the time? He probably kept it for his own reading, even I keep it with me all the time.

Should you be a Muslim to read Quran?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom