What's new

Egypt’s MiG-29M vs. Turkey’s F-16C: Which Fighter Would Prevail in a Clash Over Libya?

Much like Su-30 MKI was supposed to be better than F-16 MLU (Block 40) but Operation Swift Retort established otherwise?

Why do you subscribe to these childish comparisons?

I also noticed another thread in which you were comparing J-10C to F-16 Block 70/72? Like seriously? Both are remarkable deigns but let me tell you something.

There are domains in which USA utterly outclass Russians and Chinese; domains which include aviation-related considerations including design of high performance microprocessors, sensor systems, engines and LO principles. These minute details make considerable difference in the overall output of a combat aircraft.

There are aspects to American combat aircraft which cannot be overcome through kinematics where Russian and Chinese offerings usually shine. This isn't to say that American airframes cannot match them in this area, these are capable of remarkable maneuvers as well and without TVC.

Of even greater significance is the netcentric warfare considerations of NATO which put everything Russian to shame and even Russian leaders have begrudgingly have admitted as much in their reports.

Russia's most powerful weapon is this: PROPAGANDA

In a hypothetical war between Turkey and Egypt, Turkey is very likely to come out on top because it has NATO-standard equipment and netcentric warfare capabilities, and very good pilots. Even Russians will not dare invade Turkey like they did to Ukraine.

Don't be under any illusion.

Now only if he can read through what you wrote and try to understand it, I doubt he will.

mig-29 will be grilled as soon as enter in combat zone .

Migs have R-77 which is fairly good, and Rafales have MICA-ER.
R-77 was unable to be fired as amraam outraged it on 27feb last year . su-30 only can see f-16 but can not fired missiles on it as f-16 was out of r-77 range .

Migs have R-77 which is fairly good, and Rafales have MICA-ER.

R77 on Indian SU30 and MICA on Indian Mirages didnt even get a chance to fire missiles on 27th Feb bcz they were outraged by AIM120C5 by at least 30-50Km. FYI Turkey has improved version of AIM 120 compared to Pakistan so in short Egypt has nothing in its inventory to gain Air superiority over turkey.

i would hate to see any combat between air forces of muslim countries but if it happens then turkish F016 will surely win. pakistani F-16 MLU shot down the top line russian made fighter su 30 mki and mig 29 is rated below su 30 so mig 29 will lose. secondly turkish pilots are some of the best in the world while egyptians are just the opposite.

Ultimately Egypt can be assured of a qualitative advantage in the air if deploying the MiG-29M, although this could change should Turkey attempt to purchase the AIM-120C missile for its American made fighters in the near future which would reduce the discrepancy favouring MiG-29.

This whole article wouldn't have been written if the writer did a quick search and would discover that the TAF has had AIM-120C's for years now.

Much like Su-30 MKI was supposed to be better than F-16 MLU (Block 40) but Operation Swift Retort established otherwise?

Why do you subscribe to these childish comparisons?

I also noticed another thread in which you were comparing J-10C to F-16 Block 70/72? Like seriously? Both are remarkable deigns but let me tell you something.

There are domains in which USA utterly outclass Russians and Chinese; domains which include aviation-related considerations including design of high performance microprocessors, sensor systems, engines and LO principles. These minute details make considerable difference in the overall output of a combat aircraft.

There are aspects to American combat aircraft which cannot be overcome through kinematics where Russian and Chinese offerings usually shine. This isn't to say that American airframes cannot match them in this area, these are capable of remarkable maneuvers as well and without TVC.

Of even greater significance is the netcentric warfare considerations of NATO which put everything Russian to shame and even Russian leaders have begrudgingly admitted as much in their reports.

Russia's most powerful weapon is this: PROPAGANDA

In a hypothetical war between Turkey and Egypt, Turkey is very likely to come out on top because it has NATO-standard equipment and netcentric warfare capabilities, and very good pilots. Even Russians will not dare invade Turkey like they did to Ukraine.

Don't be under any illusion.

MiG-29M is on par with F-16I Sufa which is F-16C Block 50+. Turkey has F-16C Block 50 which is somewhat less advanced. It is 2000s tech compared to 1990s tech. One key difference is quadruplex FBW compared to triplex FBW.

Last edited:
Turkey also has its own local air to air missiles. They can be fired from drones too.. Greece can show power only in forums but not in real fight...

just an small note, F-16 can't detect unarmed rafale until it's 30 km away. i do not know how big an armed rafale RCS would be but if we assume it's 1 m^2, the tracking range would be near 60 km...
for rafale (tracking range of 115 km for 2.75 m^2) radar, F-16 (C version which is 1 m^2) will appear clearly on scope around 85 km...
i wouldn't underestimate rafale.

Back
Top Bottom