What's new

Egyptian Air Force going through a huge modernization, new russian,french fighter jets for Egypt

Good news. Finally Egypt will have true BVR capability.

You have many old models off F-16 any plans to get them upgraded and I think large numbers off MIG 29 and 35 along with Rafale and upgradation off all older F-16 to Block 52 is the way forward for Egypt

Egypt doesn't have any old F-16's, All current Egyptian F-16 fleet ( that is 220 jets, will be 240 after new deliveries) has been upgraded to block 42 , and now being upgraded to block 52. And BTW, for those who think Egypt F-16's don't have BVR capability , well, do you consider the Aim-7P that Egypt operates which has a range of 70km not BVR ?

Good news. Finally Egypt will have true BVR capability.

I just replied to what you said in my post above ^

Egypt doesn't have any old F-16's, All current Egyptian F-16 fleet ( that is 220 jets, will be 240 after new deliveries) has been upgraded to block 42 , and now being upgraded to block 52. And BTW, for those who think Egypt F-16's don't have BVR capability , well, do you consider the Aim-7P that Egypt operates which has a range of 70km not BVR ?

I just replied to what you said in my post above ^

When we talk about BVR, we are referring to Active Radar Homing, fire and forget BVR missile, like AIM120 AMRAAM, SD10A, R-77 or MBDA Meteor. Egyptian F-16s have upgrades but not the main missile. However, with Mig29/35s, that should bring a true BVR.

When we talk about BVR, we are referring to Active Radar Homing, fire and forget BVR missile, like AIM120 AMRAAM, SD10A, R-77 or MBDA Meteor. Egyptian F-16s have upgrades but not the main missile. However, with Mig29/35s, that should bring a true BVR.

Yes they will bring a fire and forget missile, but with a much bigger RCS than that of the F-16 ! The Block 52 F-16 has a RCS of 1 square meters , while the Mig29-K (Indian navy version) has 5-7 square meters RCS, which means it will be detected by enemies from a much longer range than F-16 - or , F-16 will be able to detect that Mig-29 before the Mig-29 knows the F-16 is there, so,Mig-29 will not have a real edge with it's 100+ km BVR missile over the F-16, because it will not detect the F-16 from such long range anyway, but the F-16 will be able to first detect and take down the Mig-29 .

Yes they will bring a fire and forget missile, but with a much bigger RCS than that of the F-16 ! The Block 52 F-16 has a RCS of 1 square meters , while the Mig29-K (Indian navy version) has 5-7 square meters RCS, which means it will be detected by enemies from a much longer range than F-16 - or , F-16 will be able to detect that Mig-29 before the Mig-29 knows the F-16 is there, so,Mig-29 will not have a real edge with it's 100+ km BVR missile over the F-16, because it will not detect the F-16 from such long range anyway, but the F-16 will be able to first detect and take down the Mig-29 .

Where are you getting these RCS figures from? eh?

Where are you getting these RCS figures from? eh?

well i can't post link, but go to Google and write "stealth aircraft Wikipedia" and open the first search result page.

then scroll down to " Accidental or secondary function reduced cross section designs"

You will see :

F-16C/D and E/F Fighting Falcon – from Block 30 has got reduced RCS to about 1.2m2

But F-16 block 50+ reached just 1m2

i can lead you to many other trusted sources if you want.

It all depends on which Mig-29s we are talking about. The new version M2, The new ordered MIG-29 of Egypt might as well have an AESA radar too or can be customised for the order since it is very close to the Mig-35 which has an AESA radar and reduced RCS.

Show me the source for Egyptian purchase of JF 17?

Egypt is not going to purchase any, they will co-produce it, it was reported by Jane's defence in 2010. Egyptian military is still investigating if it's worth it or not, i mean if it's advanced enough to be worth the money that will be spent on it's production. I can't post fcking links, go to the JF-17 page on Wikipedia and scroll down to "potential customers" and read : the jane's source is at the end of the page

"In March 2010, Egypt was discussing with Pakistan a deal to co-produce the JF-17 for the Egyptian Air Force."

Back
Top Bottom