What's new

Egyptian Air Force going through a huge modernization, new russian,french fighter jets for Egypt

Egypt has a very good maintenance Facilities and, Egypt also makes spare parts for the F-16's.

No they egypt don't make F-16 parts...All spares comes from US and some components are under licensed produced in Turkey and each and every Information is recorded.

Well Israel does need some security and the Egyptian fair, nice, caring, loving leader Sisi is keeping that in mind.

Egypt is in talks with Dassault for a contract of initial order for 24 Rafale jets, and a contract was signed in april 2014 for acquiring 24 Mig-29-M2 (the most modern Mig-29 development) and currently Egypt is in talks with Russia to acquire 24 Mig-35 fighter jets.

a very good step, the Mig-29 M2 will replace the old Mig-21, and the Rafale will replace some of the Mirage V Egypt has, Egypt has about 80 Mirage V jets, so not all of them will be phased out (The Upgraded one at least, called Mirage V Horus), but at the end all will be replaced With more jets of the modern Rafale and possibly Emirates Mirage 2000-9 jets. so what do you think ?

Egyptian military is a real bad azz in mixing several types of fighter jets, they have American F16, French Mirage 2000 and Mirage V , russian Mig-21 , Chinese J-7 (to be replaced with modern JF-17 under license to be built in Egypt. did you ever see such an awesome military that can run all those types of jets at the same time ? :yahoo:

Source: Egyptian Air Force going through a huge modernization, new russian,french fighter jets for Egypt

Let's not get too far ahead of our selves, the EAF only requested the French to place an offer. Whether that will be taken further is yet to be seen. If the MiG-29 M/M2 plus the Rafale are procured then the JF-17 will have no hope. Second tier fighters would be the F-16 and M2K (if more are procured if not then the F-16 on its own will more than suffice).

No they egypt don't make F-16 parts...All spares comes from US and some components are under licensed produced in Turkey and each and every Information is recorded.

Egypt has (contract signed pre 2003) depot level maintenance/logistics infrastructure for its F-16s which includes limited production of spare parts (which was gradually introduced). It also has an engine line for the F-100 P&W engine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOURCE: United Industrial Corporation
United Industrial Subsidiary Awarded Letter Contract and Initial $14 Million Funding from Hill Air Force Base for Egyptian F-16 Maintenance Depot

NEW YORK, Oct. 25 /PRNewswire/ -- United Industrial Corporation (NYSE: UIC - news) today announced that its ACL Technologies (ACL) subsidiary has received a letter contract to initiate all efforts necessary to perform as the Integration Contractor for the construction of a F-16 maintenance depot in Egypt.

Awarded by Hill Air Force Base in Ogden, Utah, the contract is part of the Foreign Military Sales program between the United States and the Government of Egypt. The contract will be completed over a two-year period and will provide the Egyptian Air Force with the capability to repair and overhaul over 350 components on the F-16 Fighter Aircraft. ACL will receive initial funding of $14 million, pending final agreement on the entire scope of work. The full contract is valued at up to $28 million, with additional options to be considered.

Under the contract, ACL will purchase, manufacture and integrate equipment and provide other services necessary to establish a component overhaul capability for the Egyptian Air Force. The scope of the contract includes, fuel, hydraulics, pneumatics, oxygen, landing gear, electrical, instrument and machine shops, all of which will be located near Cairo, Egypt.

Richard R. Erkeneff, United Industrial's President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, ``This contract award represents an important milestone in our ongoing strategy to build United Industrial's ACL Technologies business. ACL's performance in providing equipment and services to the F-16 depot programs is second to none, and we are particularly proud that both the United States Air Force and the Egyptian Air Force have designated ACL as their Integration Contractor. We expect that as other nations initiate their own efforts to obtain depot capability, this will provide additional opportunities for ACL.''

ACL Technologies, located in Brea, California, is a leader in providing test equipment and services to the aerospace industry.

United Industrial Corporation is a high technology company focused on the design and production of defense, training, transportation, and energy systems. Its products include unmanned air vehicles, training and simulation systems, automated aircraft test and maintenance equipment, and ordnance systems. It also manufactures ground transportation components, combustion equipment for biomass and refuse fuels, and specialized firefighter training installations.

Except for the historical information contained herein, information set forth in this news release may contain forward-looking statements subject to risks and uncertainties which could cause the Company's actual results or performance to differ materially from those expressed or implied in such statements. For additional information about the Company and its various risk factors, reference is made to the Company's most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K as filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

For more information, please visit United Industrial's web site at http://www.unitedindustrial.com.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pratt & Whitney F100 Engine Line Opens at Egypt Air Force's Helwan Depot

EAST HARTFORD, Conn., April 24, 2007 – Pratt & Whitney, in partnership with the United States Air Force and the Egyptian Air Force, announced today the opening of the F100 engine line at the Helwan Depot located at the Helwan Air Base in Egypt. The Egyptian Air Force’s F-16 fleet is powered by the F100-PW-220/220E propulsion systems. Pratt & Whitney is a United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX) company.

“We are proud to commence a new chapter in supporting Egypt’s F100 engines,” said Larry Jones, vice president, military customer support for Pratt & Whitney. “This strong partnership represents our commitment to providing the Egyptian Air Force with the highest quality technical support and customer service, ensuring the long-term success of their F100 engines.”

As part of Pratt & Whitney’s Customer Support program, the Egyptian Air Force’s Helwan Depot received facility upgrades in 2005 to 2006 that included delivery of essential F100 engine support equipment, as well as an onsite Pratt & Whitney Field Support Representative who will provide ongoing technical support to the Air Force. The first module, a Low Pressure Turbine (LPT), was produced from the F100 line this April.

Egypt is among 22 nations to fly the F100 engine. Pratt & Whitney’s F100 engine family has more than 20 million engine flight hours of operational experience and more than 7,000 engines have been delivered or are under contract.

Pratt & Whitney military engines include the F100 that powers the F-16 and F-15, the F135 for the F-35 Lightning II; F119 for the F-22 Raptor; F117 for the C-17 Globemaster III; J52 for the EA-6B Prowler; TF33 powering AWACS, Joint STARS, B-52, and KC-135 aircraft; TF30 for the F-111; PT6 for T-6A and UH-1N aircraft; and JT15 for the T-1A trainer and Pegasus UCAV.

Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines, space propulsion systems and industrial gas turbines. United Technologies, based in Hartford, Conn., is a diversified company providing high technology products and services to the global aerospace and commercial building industries.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Do you know that Egypt between 2001-2005 provided Pakistan with F-16 spare parts? because Pakistan couldn't get the spare parts from the USA, Egypt offered to Provide PAF with F-16 spare parts. of course the Egyptians didn't take parts of their own planes and gave it to PAF ! In case you might think so, it's a retarded thought !

French A/C, Russian A/C, American A/C? I'm happy the Egyptian AF is updating it's inventory but with so many sources, it's going to be a maintenance nightmare! :o: I also think they should more realistically equip for the most likely air war conflict and that is likely to NOT be with Israel, but with an Arab regional neighbour.
that arab regional neighbour has been sapped by the proxies of other friendly arab states which leaves Iran and there is simply no need for anything modern or serious because Iranian airdefences and fighting capability in the air is lacking

that arab regional neighbour has been sapped by the proxies of other friendly arab states which leaves Iran and there is simply no need for anything modern or serious because Iranian airdefences and fighting capability in the air is lacking

Cut the crap you don't know what you are talking about, it's not like, oh this guy doesn't have good air defense then i will bomb him with a shtty Mig-21 ! what a small minded person you are! let me ask you, why did USA deploy the advanced F-22 Raptor in Syria , and didn't just use F-15/16 ? does Syria have any serious air defenses or air force?? Egypt doesn't build up it's military power to be targeted just to one country ! Egyptian military for the Arab region is like the USA of the NATO ! i mean Egypt is the main power that has to keep a huge military strength to counter any potential threats. They don't build their power according to "oh Iran doesn't have that, then i don't need this!"
That's not how it works !

Cut the crap you don't know what you are talking about, it's not like, oh this guy doesn't have good air defense then i will bomb him with a shtty Mig-21 ! what a small minded person you are! let me ask you, why did USA deploy the advanced F-22 Raptor in Syria , and didn't just use F-15/16 ? does Syria have any serious air defenses or air force?? Egypt doesn't build up it's military power to be targeted just to one country ! Egyptian military for the Arab region is like the USA of the NATO ! i mean Egypt is the main power that has to keep a huge military strength to counter any potential threats. They don't build their power according to "oh Iran doesn't have that, then i don't need this!"
now this is just full fleged blind patriotism egyption armed forces are good better than most arab nations but you are hyping everything

Nice going EAF ... good to hear that they will be no longer dependent to US fighters jet only

There is no need to reply to any member in a such a reactionary manner. It would have been sufficient to state that the Egyptian Armed Forces will not only arm itself as a result of very real and imminent threats but in order to protect the states integrity and ensure its survival against any future (or current) potential threats.

I would advise you not to resort to platitudes and hyperbole when trying to make a point, and always provide sources for your claims. Have a nice day.

Egypt needs to improve the economy more right now.Who will they use the jets on anyway?Not israel or saudi -freindly with both.Also even with these jets both saudi and israel airforce will heavily outgun them.
And they can deal with tunisisa with what they have right now.Not getting the logic.

Egypt soon should limit itself to 3 differen kind off fighter jets Mig 29 and Mig 35 and Rafale and upgrade all F-16 to BLOCK 52 level than improve economy and focus on 5th Generation but its Egyptian Navy which need lot more new Frigates and Corvettes and Submarines

Do you know that Egypt between 2001-2005 provided Pakistan with F-16 spare parts? because Pakistan couldn't get the spare parts from the USA, Egypt offered to Provide PAF with F-16 spare parts. of course the Egyptians didn't take parts of their own planes and gave it to PAF ! In case you might think so, it's a retarded thought !

Provide proof where is the facility where Egypt illegally manufacture Parts for F-16s, give me the Information so i can forward it to Lockheed Martin so sanction may follow for illegal manufacturing. You should know Each and every part/component of F-16s have record you can't swap put in illegally. Infact Egypt F-16s are and will be facing spares problems since US refused to provide F-16s Block 52 that Egypt ordered due to political atmosphere.

I believe its retarded thought that egypt manufacture F-16 parts because they can't they won't.

Provide proof where is the facility where Egypt illegally manufacture Parts for F-16s, give me the Information so i can forward it to Lockheed Martin so sanction may follow for illegal manufacturing. You should know Each and every part/component of F-16s have record you can't swap put in illegally. Infact Egypt F-16s are and will be facing spares problems since US refused to provide F-16s Block 52 that Egypt ordered due to political atmosphere.

I believe its retarded thought that egypt manufacture F-16 parts because they can't they won't.

Egyptian F-16s are not and will not face a spare parts problem. The relationship between the Egyptian Armed Forces and US defence manufacturers is still strong and the political blow back as a result of the crisis in Egypt is easing considerably with a large portion of military aid resumed and 10 Apache helicopters being actively delivered to the EAF, other Apaches undergoing upgrades and overhauls in the US were delivered before that this year as well (they were not held by the US admin).

8 of the Block 52 F-16s were delivered and the others will eventually be delivered. Whether you want to believe that the EAF (legally) produces a limited amount of spare parts for its 16s is up to you, but it does have depot level maintenance infrastructure since 2000 and an engine line for the F-100 P&W in which it can produce low pressure turbines.

Egyptian F-16s are not and will not face a spare parts problem. The relationship between the Egyptian Armed Forces and US defence manufacturers is still strong and the political blow back as a result of the crisis in Egypt is easing considerably with a large portion of military aid resumed and 10 Apache helicopters being actively delivered to the EAF, other Apaches undergoing upgrades and overhauls in the US were delivered before that this year as well (they were not held by the US admin).

8 of the Block 52 F-16s were delivered and the others will eventually be delivered. Whether you want to believe that the EAF (legally) produces a limited amount of spare parts for its 16s is up to you, but it does have depot level maintenance infrastructure since 2000 and an engine line for the F-100 P&W in which it can produce low pressure turbines.
You have many old models off F-16 any plans to get them upgraded and I think large numbers off MIG 29 and 35 along with Rafale and upgradation off all older F-16 to Block 52 is the way forward for Egypt

I believe egypt don't produce and neither US allowed them to produce spares/components of F-16s. Maintenance and Infrastructure don't mean production of spares in house that is something US did not allow even though egypt is one of the largest operators of F-16.

F-16 production is split over 5 different production lines in as many different countries: Fokker in The Netherlands, Sabca in Belgium, Samsung in Korea, Turkish Aircraft Industries in Turkey and the Forth Worth production line in the US. The Forth Worth production line....That's where spares/components are produced and ordered/distributed. I do not have latest info though knew 4 blk 52 were delivered.

Back
Top Bottom