What's new

Egypt: T-90S / SK tank assembly starts in 2019

lol you remembered that. What the hell is it shooting at, a helicopter? :sarcastic:

It's not a bad looking tank, especially in this color scheme and if it's equipped with all remote stations and APS, it would make more sense that maybe they're thinking of dedicating a whole new strategy of fighting urban missions etc., and the rest of the fleet would be geared for wide open rapid deployment engagements just like they've been training on for the last 20+ years. But it still creates a logistical nightmare that only makes it harder on themselves.

DX254EAXcAEkhM4.jpg

Honestly, this deal has the majority of us scratching our heads. Even in Arabic forums the general consensus is optimism in the sense that Egypt is tooling tanks from a different source other than the US, but even that strategy in its basic form is not enough to justify not only the type selected, but the platform in general. It's a strange thing they're doing and if we're able to get a hold of the cost of the deal, I can guarantee you that there are at least 12 other fields that we could easily come up with that could use the priority of the expenditure. I would put a land & naval SAR division that would include an entirely new medivac and ambulatory corp which seems to be largely lacking. Tanks are not.

And that's just these 400 tanks. The AFs have close to 4,000 tanks between the Abrams, M-60A3s and the older T-62s. Hopefully it's a means to another end. That's what most of us are seriously wishing is the game plan.

I sent him a thank you card for always making me laugh.
There are also the T-55 to be replaced .. if I am not wrong!

what is the total number of egyptian tank inventory?
About a bushel or two...they are just neutered tanks, as everything the Egyptian army fields...just good for parades and crowd pleasers..

what is the total number of egyptian tank inventory?

Just under 4,000.

About a bushel or two...they are just neutered tanks, as everything the Egyptian army fields...just good for parades and crowd pleasers..

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

#1 USA
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
#10 Egypt
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
#25 Algeria ........................................................! Talk about irrelevant, never mind neutered!:omghaha:

http://listographic.com/powerful-militaries-2018

Here's a different source, puts Egypt at #12 out of top 20 and Algeria....wait a minute I'm looking....17 nope, 18 nope, 19 nope and not even in the top 20! :omghaha:

http://www.businessinsider.com/these-are-the-worlds-20-strongest-militaries-ranked-2016-4

The more important question. Why the jump from 105/115mm guns to 125mm?

Considering they're still likely going to be used for fire support by Mechanised Infantry, why did they need the sudden jump in firepower and protection.

Since we've already complicated the logistical factor, might as well introduce another sized amo that you have to deal with while we're at it. And isn't the fuel different with the T-90 vs the Abrams/M60A3?

Just under 4,000.

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
4 wars 4 lost...Egypt is loosing Sinai and its western part...in the military books, that is poor...
We have 7 borders all unstable...and all is calm from the east to the west, from the north to the south over 2millions square kms...who is neuterd now..:woot::thinktank::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

http://listographic.com/powerful-militaries-2018

Here's a different source, puts Egypt at #12 out of top 20 and Algeria....wait a minute I'm looking....17 nope, 18 nope, 19 nope and not even in the top 20! :omghaha:
when you win a war and then we talk about ranking...is the 12th position with Israel arsenal? or just Egypt's? from what the world understand is that israel is changing your pampers in Sinai...:rofl::rofl::rofl:
12th, my a...sss, how about below Malawi..

The ranking beyond the known militaries, are just a feel good pill for the basket of deplorable armies and Egypt is in the bottom of the basket.. Egypt, the UAE, Qatar, Sudan, Saudi rabia, Morocco, Jordan have been spinning wheels in Yemen, approaching 4 years now, against barefooted with an Ak and a handfull of Kat...and you still Egypt ranks 12...:fans::fans::fans::fans:

Even though I've never been totally convinced of this T-90 move, I still believe it could be a blessing in disguise. Maybe the deal comes with much more flexibility in modification than the Abrams. Allowing us to install and modify whatever systems we desire on the platform, or even use it as a base for the long overdue indiginous Egyptian tank.

Even though I've never been totally convinced of this T-90 move, I still believe it could be a blessing in disguise. Maybe the deal comes with much more flexibility in modification than the Abrams. Allowing us to install and modify whatever systems we desire on the platform, or even use it as a base for the long overdue indiginous Egyptian tank.
And since the M1A1 is almost 90% made in Egypt, this will allow to get the know how of the remaining 10%.. in this way Egypt will be able to design and manufacture its own 100% MBTs..and use the same chassis for other combat vehicles..BTW I like the low profile of the concept above.. it looks neat and powerful..

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom