What's new

Egypt signed a deal for KM-SAM with South Korea.. involving ToT

The SC

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
29133990_1431365250309273_7703131610400423936_o.jpg

News published on Egyptian Al-Dustour newspaper a full article on Egyptian transactions and military industrialization.. The news that Egypt has contracted Km- Sam and the transfer of technology to manufacture missiles since 2016.

The article referred to the official visit of the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, the Minister of Defense and Military Production, Major General Sudki Subhi to the South Korean capital of Seoul, in September 2017, to discuss various issues in terms of military and security cooperation between the two countries.

Despite the absence of details on the areas of joint cooperation with South Korea, the article noted the distinguished relations in the production of missiles of the Korean KM-SAM medium-range air defense system, which has been a major weapon in the Korean multi-layer missile defense systems since the beginning of the year 2016.

We have not confirmed the contract of Egypt to any Korean defense systems from the official Egyptian or Korean authorities, so we can not confirm anything, but it is worth mentioning that the KM-SAM missiles are produced by LIG Nex1, one of the leading companies in the defense industry In South Korea, with whom Major General Sidqi Subhi and his delegation held a meeting with its officials during his visit to Seoul.

The Minister of Military Production, Maj. Gen. Mohammed Al-Assar, also met LIG Nex1 officials and a number of other Korean companies during his visit to the International Defense Exhibition Seoul ADEX 2017 last October to discuss cooperation and partnership in the field of military manufacturing.

The Korean KM-SAM system is a medium-range air defense system capable of handling various aerial and tactical ballistic missiles. It was developed in cooperation with Almaz Antey, a leading Russian air defense systems company, and was designed on the basis of the advanced technologies used in the Russian S-400 system, the range of the active radar-guided missile reaches 40 kilometers..it is a powerful alternative to the MIM-23 Hawk medium-range air defense system.

http://www.dostor.org/2081187

Well, since there is no smoke without fire.. let's wait and see..

Last edited:
this is not confirmed yet

That's what the article says.

We have not confirmed the contract of Egypt to any Korean defense systems from the official Egyptian or Korean authorities, so we can not confirm anything, but it is worth mentioning that the KM-SAM missiles are produced by LIG Nex1, one of the leading companies in the defense industry In South Korea, with whom Major General Sidqi Subhi and his delegation held a meeting with its officials during his visit to Seoul.

There's a short clip of them testing the K9 Thnuder howitzer at some location on the Mediterranean coast and that thing was so powerful the guy filming it made a funny comment after the firing - "yan7ar esweeeed" lol. I'll try to find the Tweet.

They should get this going asap if the numbers are good.

I think (But I am no expert) that there will be wide and extensive cooperation and arms deals between Egypt and South Korea in the NEAR future.

Probably Naval vessels (big number of them, I think, with TOT) will be included, and also various types and sizes of missiles, and may be some COMPLETE TOT of vehicles and/or Motors production (Military and civil).

I say also that we may think about the T-50 light fighter jet, may be in a considerable numbers, if it may also include some significant (But probably partial) TOT.

In the end... We have to make as much progress as possible in the arms trade race, and in the local production and design of equipment, along with a collective and far-sighted development of the economy of Egypt, and all the strategic and vital sectors in Egypt as general... So, I think we should hear words like (TOT, local, domestic, factories, etc...) a lot in the coming years, and will probably start looking toward other successful competitors in the fields of design/production of equipment, such as S. Korea, Turkey, Brazil, India, Pakistan, South Africa..., along with any significant deals we can make with the MAJOR suppliers of weapones, like: Russia, China, France, etc...

Hope to hear a lot of deals soon... CAN'T WAIT :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

That's what the article says.

"yan7ar esweeeed" lol.

They should get this going asap if the numbers are good.
:lol:

These are based on the S-350E and the S-400 technologies.. So Egypt might be getting Russian tech mixed with Western tech through a proxy..i.e, SK..
And it is very possible to see SK ships in the future..on top of land equipments and air defence..+++

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom