What's new

Egypt, Italy strike major military deal despite Regeni case

Titanium100

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Egypt, Italy strike major military deal despite Regeni case

Read more: https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/or...deal-regeni-murder-tension.html#ixzz6hJj9KttG

According to Italy’s daily business newspaper Milano Finanza on Dec. 8, Rome agreed to a billion-dollar military deal with Cairo, with new financial guarantees from the Italian government to Egypt, which might include six frigates, 24 M-346 trainer jets, 24 Eurofighter Typhoon jets, 20 navy patrol boats and one military satellite.

During his visit to the industrial city in el-Roubiki in the Cairo governorate on Dec. 8, Martino Milli, director of the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation, said that Rome supports production projects in Cairo and work is currently underway on a grant project of 3 million euros to develop several projects in Egypt.

These deals indicate that the differences between the two countries over the death of Regeni did not slow down the military and economic cooperation between the two.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't realize the italians took the Regeni incident so heavy but it is about time they normalize ties

Isn't Italy trying to do business in Azerbaijan too? As long as they don't jump into the Eastern Mediterranean gas club like UAE and France have and vote to ease anti-Turkey sanctions in the EU then I assume they would be seen as neutral.

Isn't Italy trying to do business in Azerbaijan too? As long as they don't jump into the Eastern Mediterranean gas club like UAE and France have and vote to ease anti-Turkey sanctions in the EU then I assume they would be seen as neutral.

These are different countries and have nothing to do with this deal

Back
Top Bottom