What's new

Editors of two RSS weeklies lose jobs over pro-Modi stand

MST

Reaction score
Country
India
NEW DELHI: Toeing an independent line on Nitin Gadkari issue and extending a premature welcome to Gujarat CM Narendra Modi has taken a toll on editors of two of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh's (RSS) flagship publications Panchjanya (Hindi) and Organiser (English).

Panchjanya editor Baldev Sharma was replaced by Hitesh Shankar, a relatively young reporter, in February and Organiser editor R Balashankar had to put in his papers last week. Balashankar is likely to be replaced by Vijay Kumar, prant karyavah (state secretary) of RSS in Delhi and managing director of Bharat Prakashan, which brings out the two weeklies.

R Balashankar confirmed to the TOI that Vijay Kumar is likely to replace him. Balashankar said Kumar has no journalistic background. "Kumar was a bank clerk who had to quit after allegations were made against him. He was part of the management of Bharat Prakashan that brings out Panchjanya, Organiser and Sadhna in Gujarati," he said. Balakrishnan also says traditionally the job of editor of two journals went to people who were influenced by the RSS but also had journalistic training. "The job always went to a professional," Balakrishnan said.

In the past, the two weeklies had such Sangh stalwarts like Bhanu Pratap Shukla, Atal Bihari Vajpayee, K R Malkani, L K Advani and Deen Dayal Upadhyay as editors. "Editors of the two weeklies had high political profile. They had the last word on important issues," a senior editorial staff of Organiser said.

The trigger for removal of two editors was the stand Organiser and Panchjanya took on allegations of corruption against former BJP chief Nitin Gadkari. "The two journals did not write anything in support or against Gadkari. This became inconvenient for the RSS that had made a serious compromise in Gadkari's case," a senior Organiser staff said.

The second flashpoint between the editors and RSS was on Gujarat CM Narendra Modi. "Organiser and Panchjanya were supportive of Modi even when RSS leadership seemed to be wary of the Gujarat CM. However, Sadhana was opposed to Modi. Manmohan Vaidya, who is in-charge of all the three publications, was at the forefront to undermine Modi. Replacing the editors with lightweights and managers is part of the plan," Organiser staff said. It is also interesting that the RSS itself has changed its stance on Modi and is openly supportive of him. RSS spokesperson Ram Madhav refused to comment on the editorial changes. "Bharat Prakashan is an autonomous organization. I have nothing to comment," he said.

Source: TOI
--------------------------

India's LEFT (CPM & Leftists), RIGHT (RSS + some in BJP) and CENTER (CONGIS) - what is common about all of them.

Narendra Modi ka naam sunte hi Sabki G@nd phatne lagti hai :omghaha:

Looks like all the talk of RSS changing its stand on Modi was Hogwash. It was just a compromise due to massive support Modi has among the BJP Cadres.

What is the source of this article ?

This is shocking news. .............. I am loosing all respect for the RSS leadership.

BTW you need to know that BJP carder are all RSS swayam sevaks. NaMo is a favorite among the RSS carder as he too was a carder not too long back and they see him as one of them. One who rose from their rank from a nobody to be a Somebody.

Also pls provide link to article.

What is the source of this article ?

Updated the article. its TOIlet news. But this is factual information so I believe them.

Editors of two RSS weeklies lose jobs over pro-Modi stand - The Times of India

This is shocking news. .............. I am loosing all respect for the RSS leadership.

BTW you need to know that BJP carder are all RSS swayam sevaks. NaMo is a favorite among the RSS carder as he too was a carder not too long back and they see him as one of them. One who rose from their rank from a nobody to be a Somebody.

Also pls provide link to article.

Looks like the combine IQ of the RSS leadership decreases with each passing generation.

I meant RSS leadership in my comment in the Opening Post when I said RIGHT. Actually I meant leaderships of all in my comments.

I am skeptical.

Could be work of the DWD of the Congress in action trying to drive a wedge and create a perception that RSS is against Modi..

Maybe. But it should be easy to verify. I hope you are right.

Maybe. But it should be easy to verify. I hope you are right.

What i am saying is they might have been demoted..but it might not be due to their articles on Modi..might be due to something else..but TOIlet news gave a sensationalist headline..

What i am saying is they might have been demoted..but it might not be due to their articles on Modi..might be due to something else..but TOIlet news gave a sensationalist headline..

I think they are quoting one of the Editors - the editor of oragiser. Thats what made me believe.

R Balashankar confirmed to the TOI that Vijay Kumar is likely to replace him. Balashankar said Kumar has no journalistic background. "Kumar was a bank clerk who had to quit after allegations were made against him. He was part of the management of Bharat Prakashan that brings out Panchjanya, Organiser and Sadhna in Gujarati," he said. Balakrishnan also says traditionally the job of editor of two journals went to people who were influenced by the RSS but also had journalistic training. "The job always went to a professional," Balakrishnan said.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/centra...e-jobs-over-pro-modi-stand.html#ixzz2Pe806X9q

But this won't be the first time that TOI will create a mountain out of mole hill. So what you say is very much possible

India's LEFT (CPM & Leftists), RIGHT (RSS + some in BJP) and CENTER (CONGIS) - what is common about all of them.

Narendra Modi ka naam sunte hi Sabki G@nd phatne lagti hai :omghaha:

Looks like all the talk of RSS changing its stand on Modi was Hogwash. It was just a compromise due to massive support Modi has among the BJP Cadres.

Clean up your language. PDF does not welcome such Vulgar and Low Class Language.
@WebMaster

Last edited by a moderator:
RSS workers need to be deported back to Australia or east coast of Africa.

Cant believe these sickos are allowed to stay in India.

Back
Top Bottom