What's new

Editorial: Saudi “bailout” and our energy map

What then do you think should be done? It is obvious that we need energy and soon. It needs to be cheap energy and needs to be a provider of jobs to the local populace. What prospects are there and how do you see them progressing?
thanks in advance
Araz

It may happen next year...but the interest rates may be a problem if they continue to rise. The people who put up the project would likely put up 20% of the equity and the rest would be debt....so an interest rate of 16% would make it very difficult to make money.

Other issues include the weakness of our infrastructure and inability to actually get the turbines to the location. For example, some of the roads and bridges that lead to this out-of-city locations are not able to support the heavy trucks and equipment that must pass over them to get to the site. Therefore, the government has had to strengthen these bridges and this has taken almost a year for some of these locations.

Then we have an international shortage of turbines...so there is a long waiting period to actually get the equipment once you are ready. I am not sure if this year will be possible, but next year will likely see a few being put up. There are lots of groups working on this; Tapal, Beaconhouse, Lucky Cement, Aga Khan, etc. They have the money, but circumstances are not cooperating. Let's hope that we get something happening soon.

windfarm projects. most of the ones in Sindh are being done with the help of a company by the name of Wind Rose Consultancy owned by Mr Arshad Junejo of the Alternative Energy Development Board.

The problem is right there they guy owns the company is also a Member of the energy board.In simple terms this right there is conflict of interest.

Not a single wind farm is actually up since they need to install measuring equipment to gather wind data for at least 12 months before being able to claim that their location has sufficient wind...thereby enabling them to get financing.

Not a single farm is up cause the contract is already been provided
(obviously no tenders were issued)to a company thats clueless .this clearly shows there is absolutely no research done by this company and no need to cause its a MONOPOLY so no independent companies will come into play as they have no chance ever getting piece of this pie means O competition.competition creates jobs and healthy markets for the consumer to chose from.

Simplest idea to stay in business.
You lead
You follow
Or you get out of the way.

Monoply means you will buy what i have you will pay what i want and quality control whats that ?so there goes the idea of cheap energy in this case.

It would be nice if you understood the circumstances before hurling accusations at people. Wind Rose was a consultant in this sector before the government was looking at it. Obviously they want qualified people to run these government entities....so who do you think they will ask to join the board? And there are ABSOLUTELY NO ADVANTAGES to being on the AEDB. There is no tender for anything because you're not getting a contract for anything....you're just helping the government with policy and dealing with issues as they arise. There is no monopoly....anyone who is qualified can get ceritified....which is done from organizations in Germany and other countries.it just so happens that this is the only company that was a decade ahead of its time and got cerified before anyone in this company knew what a turbine was. Instead of accusing them....we should be congratulating them for being visionaries. Supposing we didn't have a single Pakistani company that could certify our wind farms.....wouldn't we be criticizing for the fact that we have not developed the capabilities locally? This company has done that!! I by the way am no an owner or partner of this company....but they are friends of mine.

When we Pakistanis say that none of us get ahead because there is always someone among us to pull us back....this is the type of thing that does it. No offence...but you were way to quick to accuse and pull the trigger.

It would be nice if you understood the circumstances before hurling accusations at people. Wind Rose was a consultant in this sector before the government was looking at it.

I Understand Pakistani business more then Most out there but i give you credit for trying to cover it up beautifully.who were they consulting in Pakistan on this business before which corporation or private corporation for that matter that have experience in this sector.

Obviously they want qualified people to run these government entities

Every crown corporation heavily monopolized is still losing money in Pakistan .fleecing taxpayers for billions/year and you telling me that the same government can hire qualified individuals.you got me there living in Pakistan i have never seen the evidence of under qualified people running government entities:rofl:.

....so who do you think they will ask to join the board?

Its called conflict of interest and only a idiot will hire a company that stands to benefit from it.oh wait iam talking about GOP who are known to hire qualified individuals My bad:rofl:

And there are ABSOLUTELY NO ADVANTAGES to being on the AEDB

you mean ''most of the ones in Sindh are being done with the help of a company by the name of Wind Rose Consultancy owned by Mr Arshad Junejo'' the above is your words not mine see the advantage so far.

There is no tender for anything because you're not getting a contract for anything....you're just helping the government with policy and dealing with issues as they arise. There is no monopoly

If the whole business is being set up by private corporation from the start they can do any thing they like as long as its there own money.but as soon as the government corporation or entity comes into play its no longer a matter of hand picking.tenders must be sent out to compete for it and may the best or the cheapest one win.
so yes its a MONOPOLY as no one else was invited to the table and the contract going to wild rose a private corporation which stands to make profits out of it.who's owner happens to be on the alternative energy board NO i don't see any benefit to Mr Arshad Junejo.

....anyone who is qualified can get ceritified....which is done from organizations in Germany and other countries

I fail to see what this has any thing to do with what we are discussing.

.it just so happens that this is the only company that was a decade ahead of its time and got cerified before anyone in this company knew what a turbine was. Instead of accusing them

you mean to tell me these guys got certified even though they had no idea what a turbine is then yes then it is a company GOP will pick.

...we should be congratulating them for being visionaries. Supposing we didn't have a single Pakistani company that could certify our wind farms.....wouldn't we be criticizing for the fact that we have not developed the capabilities locally?

wow wow this so called company isn't developing any thing installing turbines built in other states and having them run it don't means you have developed it.

This company has done that!! I by the way am no an owner or partner of this company....but they are friends of mine

So far they have done nothing and yeah i kind of figured you were involved in it some how.

When we Pakistanis say that none of us get ahead because there is always someone among us to pull us back....this is the type of thing that does it. No offence...but you were way to quick to accuse and pull the trigger

A free and fair business environment creates opportunities for any body with little brain to get ahead or to make some thing out of them self.MONOPOLIZED corporations kill that concept and make sure no one can get ahead of them.so next time you wanna take a shot at my knowledge please do come up with some thing more then a creatively disguised curtain to hide all and let the people see what you want them to see.

turbine cost C$1.2 million (US$787,107) and generates about 1,400 megawatt hours per year, equivalent to the power used by about 250 family homes.

i believe these are the turbines you are talking about if the cost of these babies is being picked up by GOP and they didn't gave out the contract they broke the law.
IF the cost and operations are to be carried out by private corporation and all profits go in there pockets then yes being on the board payed up pretty good.:azn:

OH before i go if this company is decade ahead in this business just 1 question why don't they have data on where to install these machines considering that is there business.:woot:

Last edited:
I Understand Pakistani business more then Most out there but i give you credit for trying to cover it up beautifully.who were they consulting in Pakistan on this business before which corporation or private corporation for that matter that have experience in this sector.

Every crown corporation heavily monopolized is still losing money in Pakistan .fleecing taxpayers for billions/year and you telling me that the same government can hire qualified individuals.you got me there living in Pakistan i have never seen the evidence of under qualified people running government entities:rofl:.

Its called conflict of interest and only a idiot will hire a company that stands to benefit from it.oh wait iam talking about GOP who are known to hire qualified individuals My bad:rofl:

you mean ''most of the ones in Sindh are being done with the help of a company by the name of Wind Rose Consultancy owned by Mr Arshad Junejo'' the above is your words not mine see the advantage so far.

If the whole business is being set up by private corporation from the start they can do any thing they like as long as its there own money.but as soon as the government corporation or entity comes into play its no longer a matter of hand picking.tenders must be sent out to compete for it and may the best or the cheapest one win.
so yes its a MONOPOLY as no one else was invited to the table and the contract going to wild rose a private corporation which stands to make profits out of it.who's owner happens to be on the alternative energy board NO i don't see any benefit to Mr Arshad Junejo.

I fail to see what this has any thing to do with what we are discussing.

you mean to tell me these guys got certified even though they had no idea what a turbine is then yes then it is a company GOP will pick.

wow wow this so called company isn't developing any thing installing turbines built in other states and having them run it don't means you have developed it.

So far they have done nothing and yeah i kind of figured you were involved in it some how.

A free and fair business environment creates opportunities for any body with little brain to get ahead or to make some thing out of them self.MONOPOLIZED corporations kill that concept and make sure no one can get ahead of them.so next time you wanna take a shot at my knowledge please do come up with some thing more then a creatively disguised curtain to hide all and let the people see what you want them to see.

turbine cost C$1.2 million (US$787,107) and generates about 1,400 megawatt hours per year, equivalent to the power used by about 250 family homes.

i believe these are the turbines you are talking about if the cost of these babies is being picked up by GOP and they didn't gave out the contract they broke the law.
IF the cost and operations are to be carried out by private corporation and all profits go in there pockets then yes being on the board payed up pretty good.:azn:

OH before i go if this company is decade ahead in this business just 1 question why don't they have data on where to install these machines considering that is there business.:woot:

I'm speechless at the ignorance of your accusations and responses. I suggest you understand a little bit more before you hurl accusations at people...but hey, thats just the way I think. You're free to go about accusing anyone of anything and shooting first and asking questions later.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom