What's new

Edhi Centre’s Geeta finally reunites with her mother in India

But now Geeta has actually recognised her mother. She got in touch with Bilquis Edhi and told her all about it with happy tears. Her mother lives in Naigaon village in the Indian state of Maharashtra. Through her, Geeta has found out that her real name is Radha Waghmare. Her biological father, Sudhakar, died a few years ago. Her mother, Meena has remarried.
The family is not rich and makes ends meet by selling clay pots. With her search over, Geeta, or rather Radha, who is around 27 years of age now, is not really looking forward to moving to the village. She is currently a student. She studies in class eight and wants to complete her special education before making any further decisions though she has shown the desire to find a job after that. “She may be living in another country now. But she is still a daughter. She still shares all her joys and sorrows with me despite the physical distance between us. And I will be with her on whatever decision she takes for herself,” Mrs Edhi told Dawn.

Wait... how is that a reunion?

Establishment mouthpiece Dawn is dying for some sort of backdoor diplomacy projections through Bollywood stories.

What's her legal status? A refugee?

Should we just ignore all of this for some feudal soft power across trade lines?

Bajrangi Bhaijaan tells the story of a little girl, who cannot speak and who goes astray in India after wandering off a train on which she and her mother were returning home to Pakistan after paying respects at the shrine of Sufi saint Nizamuddin Auliya in Delhi.

There's minimal religious tourism into India from Pakistan.

India's projection of these Muslim heritage sites cannot mask the grave danger they face from Hindu Nationalists.

The more i read this article the more i feel it was written by a British tourist in Pakistan who swapped body fluids with Pervez Hoodboy and Javed Akhtar while Doval watched.

Back
Top Bottom