What's new

Economy in the doldrums as India's external debt crosses half trillion mark, Debt = $529 billion

chowdhry sahab kuchh intezam hua ? 90 billion dollar ka qarz chukana hai ? :cheesy:
In the end you had no excuse and you brought in Pakistani debt to justify your debt lol. Will Pakistani 90 billion save Indian debt?

hahaha I said before your debt your head ache. Reduce your desperation my friend. Have fun enjoy the thread no comments on Pakistani debt this is India issue.

In the end you had no excuse and you brought in Pakistani debt to justify your debt lol. Will Pakistani 90 billion save Indian debt?

hahaha I said before your debt your head ache. Reduce your desperation my friend. Have fun enjoy the thread no comments on Pakistani debt this is India issue.

parosi ke naate poonchh lia , bura na maane ,
koi intezam hua ?

Finance ministry instructs SBP, AGP to block govt cheques

ISLAMABAD:

As budget deficit in the last year of the PML-N government is set to hit a new record of Rs2.4 trillion, the Ministry of Finance influenced the central bank and accountant general to block the clearance of government-issued cheques on June 30 to avoid further embarrassment.

No problem my friend after all this is what good neighbors are for.

very tough going for poor care taker govt .

Ho gaya. Aik achay parosi nay madad kar di. udhar utar diya. Aab hum IMF say free honay walay hain.

parosi hi parosi ke kaam aata hai . IMF se free ho jao to ek thread bana dena .:enjoy:

Finance ministry instructs SBP, AGP to block govt cheques

ISLAMABAD:

As budget deficit in the last year of the PML-N government is set to hit a new record of Rs2.4 trillion, the Ministry of Finance influenced the central bank and accountant general to block the clearance of government-issued cheques on June 30 to avoid further embarrassment.

very tough going for poor care taker govt .

parosi hi parosi ke kaam aata hai . IMF se free ho jao to ek thread bana dena .:enjoy:

Happy now? go back and discuss your own economy. $527 billion

koi fikar nahi chowdhry aram se so jao ,

we have 450 billion dollars reserve :victory::victory::victory:
No it's not, just $407 billions.

But we are not in a state that we need to beg to other banks to keep our economy intact. Around 80% of our debts are non - government debts. Guess many are not aware of it as our MNC's take loans from international lenders also NRI deposits that contribute to it. The rise is due to Dollar appreciating against INR.

Our government debt is only some 100 billion which in any case can be easily covered by our forex. But that's in extreme cases.

Just don't need to discuss this, look at our sovereign rating and compare with others. We are not even in the same league.

No it's not, just $407 billions.

But we are not in a state that we need to beg to other banks to keep our economy intact. Around 80% of our debts are non - government debts. Guess many are not aware of it as our MNC's take loans from international lenders also NRI deposits that contribute to it. The rise is due to Dollar appreciating against INR.

Our government debt is only some 100 billion which in any case can be easily covered by our forex. But that's in extreme cases.

Just don't need to discuss this, look at our sovereign rating and compare with others. We are not even in the same league.

i hope this clears doubt in my friend chowdhry's @BHarwana mind .

Unpleasant news for the Indian economy continues to flow in. In the latest, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has released data showing that India's external debt crossed half a trillion dollar ($529 billion) by the end of March 2018.

India's foreign currency debt grew by 12.4 per cent as compared to the figure at the end of March last year.

The data show that the ratio between India's external debt and the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) was 20.5 per cent at March-end this year. This was higher than the 20 per cent figure at the same time last year.

RBI says this rise can be attributed to increase in borrowings by Indians from overseas markets, deposits of non-resident Indians (NRIs) and rise in commercial borrowings.

https://www.indiatoday.in/business/...ion-mark-rupee-depreciates-1273797-2018-06-30

India's external debt rises $58.4 bn to $529.7 bn

India's external debt stood at $ 529.7 billion at the end of March 2018, recording an increase of $ 58.4 billion year-on-year, primarily on account of a rise in commercial borrowings, short-term debt and non-resident Indian (NRI) deposits, the RBI said on June 29.

The increase in the magnitude of external debt was partly due to valuation loss resulting from the depreciation of the US dollar against major currencies,the central bank said in a statement

The external debt to GDP ratio stood at 20.5 percent at end-March 2018, higher than its level of 20.0 percent at end-March 2017,it added.

As per the RBI data, share of commercial borrowings continued to be the largest component of external debt with a share of 38.2 percent, followed by NRI deposits (23.8 percent) and short-term trade credit (19.0 percent).

Debt service payments declined to 7.5 percent of current receipts at end-March 2018 as compared with 8.3 percent at end-March 2017.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/b...l-debt-rises-58-4-bn-to-529-7-bn-2654681.html

unnamed_3-647x1046.jpg

It's 20.5% of the GDP, down from 23.9% in 2015.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom