What's new

Early Warning Systems: Relevance for India and Pakistan

I dont buy that both haven't weaponize nuclear missile. I believe 5-10 are always ready, heck Pakistan have reserved 2-3 F-16s for that purpose, why wouldn't it weaponize some of its nuclear missile. It doesn't make sense!

I dont buy that both haven't weaponize nuclear missile. I believe 5-10 are always ready, heck Pakistan have reserved 2-3 F-16s for that purpose, why wouldn't it weaponize some of its nuclear missile. It doesn't make sense!

Exactly! You made my point for me. For sure, both India and Pakistan have "toss" nukes. That's why the F-16s.

They also have "nuclear capable" missiles. Have they managed to miniaturize them to fit the missile? I'm not so sure. Only US, USSR, and China ( stolen from US ) have that technology.

Stuart Slade is the nuclear weapons expert on the internet. In fact, he's the only one. He was involved in the nuclear targetting decision making.

In his opinion, India has mastered getting a nuke under the 500kg mark (the minimum weight for a missile bound warhead) but Pakistan has not.

However, from open sources, both India and Pakistan followed the Chinese example in keeping their nukes away from their delivery vehicles ... for survival purposes.

I did, Jay. Which of his articles did you have in mind?

I shoudlve been a little more clear. Sniper in WAB owns a board and Stuart frequently posts there. And as the Clonel said, he believed that India has miniaturized nukes that could be very well fit in a missile like Agni.

But you know how it is, Indian defence establishment likes to keep things as secret, so you can only make assumptions.

Thanks Colonel for explaining it.

Back
Top Bottom