What's new

E-2D Hawkeye: The Navy’s New AWACS

topgun787

Reaction score
PUB_E-2D_Collage_lg.jpg

Northrop Grumman’s E-2C Hawkeye is a carrier-capable “mini-AWACS” aircraft, designed to give long-range warning of incoming aerial threats. Secondary roles include strike command and control, land and maritime surveillance, search and rescue, communications relay, and even civil air traffic control during emergencies. E-2C Hawkeyes began replacing previous Hawkeye versions in 1973; they fly from USN and French carriers, from land bases in the militaries of Egypt, Japan, Mexico, Singapore, and Taiwan; and in a drug interdiction role for the US Naval Reserve. Over 200 Hawkeyes have been produced.

The $17.5 billion E-2D Advanced Hawkeye program aims to build 75 new aircraft with significant radar, engine, and electronics upgrades in order to deal with a world of stealthier cruise missiles, saturation attacks, and a growing need for ground surveillance as well as aerial scans. It looks a lot like the last generation E-2C Hawkeye 2000 upgrade on the outside – but inside, and even outside to some extent, it’s a whole new aircraft.

@ Topgun787

This part of forum is related to Pakistan military so you should need not to post any stuff which is not related to Pakistan .And the thread you have started has nothing to do with neither Pakistan military aviation nor with Pakistan as a whole so move this thread to World military forum or US affairs

Oh well..i almost spilled my morning tea with excitement after reading the title of this thread.Thinking that PN got a new AWACS...Only to find out that this has nothing to do with PAKISTAN NAVY.

Oh well..i almost spilled my morning tea with excitement after reading the title of this thread.Thinking that PN got a new AWACS...Only to find out that this has nothing to do with PAKISTAN NAVY.

This shows you don't know many posters on defence.pk very closely ,next time check out the internal material before spilling your tea:rofl:

BTW Moderators kindly close this thread

AFAIK PN was interested in E-2C not E-2D

agreed that useless thread pn did wanted hawkeye on p3c but not get yet why it is too late

I can't help but chuckle... I understand the frustration and confusion. It would be like a thread titled "Air Force takes delivery of new F-22's" or something... only to find it has nothing to do with Pakistan.

I don't want to increase anyone's BP higher, but this does concern Pakistan's Navy in a different way. India has already been offered the latest E-2D Hawkeye and will most likely be the first foreign customer for this platform. Pakistan should start looking for some Chinese Naval AWACs or at least try lobby for the old E-2C Hawkeyes, which might be available at a throwaway price as they are being replaced. These new AWACs along with the P8-I Poseidons will significantly increase Indian Navy's naval surveillance superiority and it will be prudent for Pakistan to be prepared to counter that threat.

Back
Top Bottom