The SC

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
1664006515985.png

Korean transport MC-X
1664008687149.png

STX Engine Development (1,360 hp) to improve the performance of the K1A2 tank, and introduce the K9 1,000 hp self-propelled development engine.

1664008865856.png

Leonardo HITFACT MK2 turret on K808

1664009091122.png

1664009192729.png

1664010387787.png

His Excellency Matar Salem Al Dhaheri, Undersecretary of the Ministry of Defense, headed a delegation of senior officers and officials of the Ministry of Defense, to attend the opening of the Korean Defense Exhibition 2022

I met with His Excellency the Minister of Defense Acquisition of Korea, Mr. Dong Hwan Eom, where we reviewed the most promising investment opportunities to enhance joint cooperation between the two friendly countries in the fields of the military industries sector.

1664010187968.png

1664010529198.png

1664010577168.png

South Korea is now basically ripping USA. They are making weapons which are exactly copy of US weapons and now exporting them. I say smart very smart. They just need to make sure they have local engines also. Because engines are main thing which can result in US and Europe prohibiting the exports.

South Korea is now basically ripping USA. They are making weapons which are exactly copy of US weapons and now exporting them. I say smart very smart. They just need to make sure they have local engines also. Because engines are main thing which can result in US and Europe prohibiting the exports.
they make local engines im not sure for fighters

they make local engines im not sure for fighters
For the fighters they make some indigenously and some not. Like the radar is from Israel, the armaments like AIM-9 and AIM-120 from USA. But I heard that SK is cooperating with Leonardo to produce locally a new AESA radar to fit into the KF-21.

For the fighters they make some indigenously and some not. Like the radar is from Israel, the armaments like AIM-9 and AIM-120 from USA. But I heard that SK is cooperating with Leonardo to produce locally a new AESA radar to fit into the KF-21.

AESA radar in KF21 is made by Hanwa Korea, Israel company is only helping for the testing. The radar is still under development but has already been good enough for T50 Golden Eagle. This is why when Malaysia shows reluctancy to use Israeli radar in possible Malaysian FA50, Korean said they can replace Israeli radar with Hanwa AESA radar developed for KF21.

You can see Hanwa AESA radar testing in KF21/IFX sticky thread.

SK has developed some A2G missile, some of the test can be seen in KF21 sticky thread, it is intended for KF21 program

In the future of course Korea also wants to see their own AA missile and currently they are developing Wingman STEALTH drone for KF21 program.

S. Korea to conduct domestic performance test for advanced radar​

By Yonhap
Published : Mar 4, 2022 -

Last edited:
They are working on them as far as I know.

Similar program like how Turkish said they get license to produce GE engine. Basically some parts are manufactured locally and do assembling and system integration job. Similar like Turkish company (TEI), GE has stake on Hanwa engine company subsidiary

F414 enhanced engine for KF21 program

Back
Top Bottom