What's new

Duterte Seeks Arms From China, Ends Joint Patrols With U.S.

lol, he never see it was F 16 which one of the best preffered CAS in many occasion to fighting against insurgent

True, but then again there are many newer, cheaper platforms built with counter insurgency in mind.

I suggest sell wing loong or CH-4B to pinoy. Proven in Iraq and will not burn a hole of Pinoy pocket unlike US overprice stuff.

Those UCAV will hover on those militants on top and ready to pound on them for long hours.

I suggest sell wing loong or CH-4B to pinoy. Proven in Iraq and will not burn a hole of Pinoy pocket unlike US overprice stuff.

Those UCAV will hover on those militants on top and ready to pound on them for long hours.

Price really is one of the main issues in procurement and I believe the military is currently finalizing deals with the Israelis for a package that includes UAV's. But of course if China offers their own products I'm sure that it would be considered as well.

Price really is one of the main issues in procurement and I believe the military is currently finalizing deals with the Israelis for a package that includes UAV's. But of course if China offers their own products I'm sure that it would be considered as well.
Israel drone is surveilance only. Chinese one is unmanned combat aerial vehicle. I don't think Israel one can match Chinese.

The PH should first and foremost look after its own interests. Don't be a pawn and be used by another big power, whoever it is. They may say nice things to PH, but at the end of the day they are only furthering their own interests, not PH's interests.

IMO, the PH should not end its "military alliance" with US as it is giving aid of US$120 million this year. PH can revisit this next year if there is no more aid.

PH should be "friendly" to China as Duterte said they are building hospitals, schools, etc.

There is no need for PH to be friendly with one and be an enemy to another. Be "friends" with them if it is beneficial to PH.

This is my opinion. Feel free to disagree and move on.

That $120 million 'aid' is just bribery from the Yanks. We will bribe you to remain our vassal. That's essentially the deal.

Countries should get out of the mentality of relying on aid.

Aid goes to corrupt politicians.

Venezuela did pretty much what the Philippines want to do: ally with a US adversary.

We all know what a paradise Venezuela is today...:rolleyes:

Venezuela did pretty much what the Philippines want to do: ally with a US adversary.

giphy.gif

Apples to oranges my friend. You need to let go of the notion that that Westerners know best and that what works in the West must be good for everywhere else in the world.

Although Duterte is in power and somewhat popular with his abruptly new policy relations between nations don‘t change that fast. If Mr D is persistent, Phillipines and China may be able to settle down their conflicts, start a joint exploration of the natural resources in SCS. Only after that China could sell cost effective weapons to the Phillipines.

China won't ever repeat the mistakes made with Vietnamese.

That $120 million 'aid' is just bribery from the Yanks. We will bribe you to remain our vassal. That's essentially the deal.

Countries should get out of the mentality of relying on aid.

Aid goes to corrupt politicians.
The U.S gives the phil $120 million and not robbing any territory of the Phil. China otoh robs Phil's territory and give the Phil how much?

Apples to oranges my friend. You need to let go of the notion that that Westerners know best and that what works in the West must be good for everywhere else in the world.
The fact that you are living in the West means much.

There are certain things that are universal, such as food and water. Those you cannot deny. But if there are biological things that are universal, what make you think there are no intellectual things that are universal ?

Are you telling me that Filipinos do not want to express themselves ? Or want to read or travel without government interference ? Or more accountability and transparency in their government ?

What dictatorships have always fear have been those things among the people. We say these things are good for everyone. Just as you are free to say other things are good for everyone. You are perfectly free to say that slavish devotion to the government is good for everyone. So far only the Chinese believe that.

Back
Top Bottom