What's new

Dubai Traffic Police Gets $550,000 Lamborghini

62646_543814129004315_1302435951_n.jpg

Considering these guys had to be bailed out by Abu Dhabi in 2009, I wonder whether these guys are downright stupid.
Once their oil is finished..............They will be back on Camel again..............

A lot of countries use Lamborghinis as pursuit/patrol cars. Highspeed chases require cops to have faster cars than the people they are chasing.

It's not just Lamborghini, they are upgrading their entire fleet of pursuit/patrol cars with sports cars. I think a Camaro and Charger are also on the cards.

Car designed for high speed chases do not have big set of lights on roof that completely destroy the aero dynamics of the Lambo...However this was purchased as a show piece and the amount of money some of the hotels in the strip earn where this car will roll ...will attract tourists and enhance the experience of the tourist spender. Hence the car will probably pay itself off...

I hope u do understand difference btwn Dubai and AbuDhabi .............most of the oil reserves are with Abu Dhabi and not with Dubai.........

Revenues from oil and natural gas currently account for less than 7% of the emirate's revenues
Dubai - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dubai oil sales just make up around 4% of the total GDP of the emirate. It helps but it is not the only / main source of government income.
Though the Wiki info is not accurate & outdated, I assure u that Abu Dhabi does not give Dubai any free oil or any thing like that , as Abu DHabi has export contracts with many countries & their priorities is to fulfill those exports rather than even sell (for money) to Dubai. But Abu Dhabi's ADNOC does operate fuel supply stations in other emirates , but none in Dubai , and that is not because of Abu Dhabi being greedy or any thing like that . Rather it is Dubai that does not allow ADNOC to operate in the emirate. May be this will change in the future , but for now at least , Dubai does not import any oil from Abu Dhabi. The oil sold in Dubai petrol pumps comes from Turkmenistan oil fields jointly operated by Dubai's Eppco/ENOC & Ireland's Dragon Oil.

Dubai's main source of Income is Business!!!

staying 1000's miles away don't teach me about my Country........when i want to know about fish & chips or tandori ill ask u.

Me too......

I wonder how many centuries it will take for India to get some of these in our police force. (-_-)'

Not needed frankly. Basic discipline, stringent implementation of laws, honesty, diligence is what all needed. And after all roads in majority of subcontinent are not meant to drive Lambo, Buga, Ferra

Dubai Police have tweeted a picture of the latest addition to their fleet, a luxury Ferrari!!!

cb538cdf-f6b6-476c-b300-2e642aa043a2_ferrari.png

The exclusive vehicle, which costs more than AED2 million ($544,511), will enter service by the end of this week, Khalfan said, adding, Dubai Police is one of the few forces in the world that has such cars.

“These sports cars will not be roaring and chasing speeding motorists. They will be used for roads security in different areas of Dubai,” Gulf News quoted Khalfan as saying.

“Dubai Police are working on updating the police patrol cars to enhance security on the roads in accordance with highest international standards and technical developments,” he added.

According to the police chief, the decision to add the Ferrari for policing was taken following the amazing public feedback over the introduction of a Lamborghini Aventador last week.

Prior to adding the Lamhorghini, Dubai Police unveiled a new look for its patrol cars by introducing
a Chevrolet Camaro sports car to facilitate policing on the highways.

Ferrari is now in, model: FERRARI FF

regular ferrari ff

2011-Ferrari-FF-4D.jpg

Dubai Police FF

534141_572653776102535_283104391_n.png

dubai-police-also-ge_600x0w.jpg

20130410_155706.jpg

My bro took this picture ~10 days ago at Venice airport, heading for Dubai.

Back
Top Bottom