BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Gossip of the day:

DUBAI: CROWN PRINCE TO MARRY FORMER STREET GIRL

hamdan-280x187.png
June 18th, 2014
Dubai| 28-year-old Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum, the crown prince of Dubai, announced this morning his engagement to Kalila Said, a Palestinian refugee who grew up in the streets of a shantytown near the Arab metropolis. The second-oldest son of ruler Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum met the 23-year old woman while working on a charity project in March of last year in one of the capital’s disadvantaged neighbourhoods and the two have rapidly developed a symbiotic relationship.

Sheikh Hamdan’s love life has been the object of much speculation over the years . He remained in a monogamous and serious relationship with one of his half-cousins from 2008 to 2013, despite the fact that he was engaged to his cousin Sheikha Sheikha Al Maktoum. This relationship ended sourly however in January 2013, just a few months before the Prince met his new love. His arranged marriage has also recently been cancelled for reasons that were not made public.

This charming Prince was a well known “lady’s prize” for a long time. He not only writes poetry, but he is also passionate about horses. Affectionately known as Fazza, meaning “the courageous,” the name under which he publishes his poetry, he is known for his strong penchant for fast cars and skydiving. He is a graduate from the Sandhurst Royal Military Academy and also attended the London School of Economics and Political Science. Prince Hamdan even won a team gold medal at the 15th Asian Games in 2006 in a horseback riding competition. He also owns an incredible collections of camels, and he once paid US$4.5 million for 16 beautiful specimens at a camel beauty pageant in the emirate of Abu Dhabi. Handsome, brave and exotic: what more could a girl ask for?

Well despite Hamdan’s status and good looks, he had to court the young woman with insistence for over three months before she accepted to start seeing him. The recipient of a Royal scholarship for exceptional merit and psychology graduate from the American Universtiy of Dubai did however end up succumbing to the Prince’s charm and the two rapidly became almost inseparable.

According to rumors circulating in the country, Hamdan’s father, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, threatened last November to disinherit his son if he pursued the relationship, but to no avail. The young man chose love over his title and situation, bringing his father to reconsider his position. The Sheikh finally seems to have accepted the situation and even gave his blessing to the new couple
Dubai: Crown Prince to Marry Former Street Girl | 

Cinderella!! Good to know he is down to earth! May ALLAH bless them both!

The young man chose love over his title and situation, bringing his father to reconsider his position. The Sheikh finally seems to have accepted the situation and even gave his blessing to the new couple
it is rare to hear love wining! :tup:

Cinderella!! Good to know he is down to earth! May ALLAH bless them both!

it is rare to hear love wining! :tup:

I dont know if you know more about Sh.Hamdan...he's always in the news for his generosity and his new adventures.
Frankly I am not surprised that he chose a gal from a not so influencial family.
But the last line in the article that he was ready to give up his title for her was something awe-inspiring.
I mean Wow!!!

Though the news about his previous affair and his 1st marriage are also true.He had that affair while he was married which is not something I would expect of him.

More pics of him

image.jpg

Him on Burj Khalifa (the tallest tower in the world)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
I dont know if you know more about Sh.Hamdan...he's always in the news for his generosity and his new adventures.
Frankly I am not surprised that he chose a gal from a not so influencial family.
But the last line in the article that he was ready to give up his title for her was something awe-inspiring.
I mean Wow!!!

Though the news about his previous affair and his 1st marriage are also true.He had that affair while he was married which is not something I would expect of him.
I found the article a little weird :

He remained in a monogamous and serious relationship with one of his half-cousins from 2008 to 2013, despite the fact that he was engaged to his cousin Sheikha Sheikha Al Maktoum.
Doesnt mention his 1st marriage :unsure:

Well done to the prince. He saw beyond status, wealth etc. She is very pretty though.

All the best to the couple.

@waz

long time no see buddy ^_^

great for her:tup:
respect for him:tup:
best of luck to the couple....
wonder if it wud have ended the same way if there situation/social standing was reversed:D

Nothing wrong in it,

The first impression I had after reading the title was if he had married a prostitute. But the lady born and raised in poverty should never be considered for the holy bond of marriage.

Good to hear that - I wish them best of luck

I found the article a little weird :

Doesnt mention his 1st marriage :unsure:

Hmmm the very next line talks about his marriage too
His arranged marriage has also recently been cancelled for reasons that were not made public.
And as far as I know his status in newspaper columns till last year used to be "married" and if he was having an affair with his 1st cousin from 2008 to 2013 then have no doubt he had an extra marital affair. And now this new gal happened.
On one hand I appreciate that he has chosen a gal from a humble family but at the same time his previous affairs leave me flummoxed.
But this guy gets a lot of media coverage here.
kojiiii aka ugly girl...errr...aunty. :o

Tum kab sudharoge???
:butcher::butcher:

I think she's perrty decent to look at ....suits him atleast.

wonder if it wud have ended the same way if there situation/social standing was reversed:D
The Japanese princess married a common man and lives with him like a commoner.

The Japanese princess married a common man and lives with him like a commoner.
So it would not have changed even if the situation was reversed.
even without doing any research i am correct in saying that chances of a rich girl marrying a poor man r pretty negligible to chances of a rich man marrying a poor girl.......

edit: that common man incidently paid her a dowry of $1 mill.....hes rich:D

@waz

long time no see buddy ^_^

Ai hai bro all good? How's your studying going? Give me a shout out on the members section. I don't want to spoil this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom